20th July 2015, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I do PH.D course after completion of post graduation in social work?

Actually I want to do Ph.D in social work .can i go through with m.phil degree . because if i disqualify in PET exam the i can go for m.phil the aafter i can register for Ph.D? Can you please answer me this as soon as possible? Thank you!

21st July 2015, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PH.D course after completion of post graduation in social work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually I want to do Ph.D in social work .can i go through with m.phil degree . because if i disqualify in PET exam the i can go for m.phil the aafter i can register for Ph.D? Can you please answer me this as soon as possible? Thank you!
You have M.Phil degree so you are eligible for Ph.D course. You can go for direct interview round. But you must have UGC NET score.

Candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D course. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria.
22nd July 2015, 12:48 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do PH.D course after completion of post graduation in social work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes one can do Doctorate in Social work (Ph.D) after completion of Post Graduation in Social work. It is related to social work education and social research. There are lots of universities offering this Ph.D course, they are; Bharathidasan University, University of Delhi, Dr.B.R.Ambedkar University, Himachal Pradesh University, IIT (patna), Loyola College, Chennai, Mizoram University, Mangalore University, Osmania University etc…
There are lots of job opportunities in this field. One can select the field of teaching in colleges. One can pursue a job in government universities. One can work in publishing houses, newspapers, magazines, educational institutions, and consultancy. One can work as Researcher, Scientists, Journalist, Lecturer or Professor and Consultant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?