28th July 2015, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria and age required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

Sir/Mam,

I am 26 years old nd a B.A. pass female graduate with 42% marks aggregate. I want to become a teacher in any of the government aided school / central school/ MCD schools. Can u plzz tell me from which university I can do b.ed with distant learning and after completion of b.ed what are the age limit, eligibility conditions for PGT Or TGT in such schools. What is the pay scale? Is there any hope for my career? Eagerly waiting for ur reply in detail.

28th July 2015, 01:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and age required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

To apply TGT exam, you should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university. You must consist at least 50% marks in bachelor degree to apply this.

You must be above 21 years. There is no upper age limit.

To apply PGT exam, you should have passed post graduation from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.

You must consist B.Ed course to apply these two exam along with bachelor degree or post graduation.
28th July 2015, 02:11 PM
pointer01

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and age required for PGT or TGT in a government school?

Required eligibility for PGT/TGT in government-

Qualification-
You must have Bachelor's degree in relevant subject and have degree of B.Ed/BT etc.

TGT stands for Trained Graduate Teacher.For TGT the age limit should be below than 32 years and in the case of female you can apply upto the age of 42 years.

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teacher. For PGT the age limit should be below than 36 years. Relaxation is given to ST/SC ,OBC and female candidates.

For PGT master degree is required and for TGT bachelor's degree is sufficient. Written exam is conducted for TGT and PGT who are passed this written exam will called for an interview.
28th July 2015, 02:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in IGNOU for doing B.Ed. in distant learning mode .

IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University.

B.Ed stands for Bachelor's of Education.

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is an undergraduate academic degree which qualifies the graduate as a teacher in schools.

The qualification required for B.Ed. course from IGNOU is Graduation or Post Graduation degree with 50% marks in any stream from a recognized University.

There is relaxation of 5% marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.

The candidate should have two years’ full time teaching experience on temporary/permanent basis as Primary/Graduate/Post Graduate teacher in a primary, secondary/higher/senior secondary school with registration number recognized by the respective Directorate of Education or Central or State Government or Union Territory.

There is no restriction on upper age limit and time of attempts for pursuing this degree.

The minimum duration for this programme offered by IGNOU is 2 years and maximum duration is 4 years.

The course fee is Rs. 20,000.

TGT stands for Trained Graduate Teacher.

The qualification required for TGT exam is B.Ed./Graduation/Post Graduation degree from a recognized university.

The minimum age limit to sit for TGT exam is 21 years and there is no upper age limit for this exam.

A TGT teacher gets a salary of Pay Scale 9300-34800 with Grade Pay 4600.

PGT stands for Post Graduate Teachers.

The eligibility criteria required for PGT entrance exam are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed post graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in post graduation degree .

-The candidate must have passed B.Ed degree along with the PG degree .

The Pay Scale of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) is 9300-34800 with Grade Pay 4800.
28th July 2015, 05:00 PM
rrooxx

**The criteria for both PGT and TGT is----->>>

==>Educational Qualification-

-->For Trained Graduate Teacher TGT posts – Candidates must possess a degree in concerned subject with training degree.

-->For Post Graduate Teacher PGT posts – Candidates must possess Post Graduate degree in concerned subject.

==>Age Limit-
--->Minimum age should be 21 years as on 1st July 2015

==>Application Fee-
-->General & OBC Candidates: Rs.430/-
--->SC Candidates: Rs.230/-
--->ST Candidates: Rs.130/-
3rd May 2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed pg with 48 % can i appear in pgt exam? Please solve my problem
20th August 2016, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I am post graduate having more than 60 percent marks. Am i eligible for P G T post in central school?
23rd December 2016, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have scored 57% marks in b.com and 48% marks in m.com .I am working in a public school as pgt commerce and my age is 36 yrs now. Am I eligible for pgt in mcd school.
28th January 2017, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE HEARD THAT FOR BECOMING A TGT IN GOVT SCHOOL YOU MUST HAVE STUDIED ENGLISH FOR MINIMUM 3 YEAR, WHILE I HAVE DONE BA PROGRAM FROM DU IN WHICH ENGLISH IS REMAIN FOR TWO YEAR ONLY (1 & 2 YEAR). NOW SOMEBODY HAVE SUGGEST ME TO DO A BRIDGE COURSE FROM IGNOU TO FULL THE REQUIREMENT OF ENGLISH. IS IT TRUE..?? PLEASE PROVIDE DETAILS.
18th March 2017, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/mam, I am bikram bhatta, I have successfully completed the m.com from a recognised university. I want to know that , as we cant do the B.ed course, is there any extra criteria to join as a PGT or for appearing the PGT exam?
11th June 2017, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir /Ma'am, I have done MA in English in 2013. My age is 37 years.Can i give PGT. I have not done BEd..please reply..
11th June 2017, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

What is age limit of TGT /PGT for general female candidate in government school?
21st June 2017, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to have a regular course master degree in order to be a pgt teacher?
22nd July 2017, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Hello, sir I have 43.33% marks in graduation and 50.12% in post graduation in english. I am a scheduled caste candidate. As per cbse rules I am eligible for PGT but am I eligible for TGT exam conducted by cbse?
6th January 2018, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I'm 42 years am I eligible to apply for aided post in school if I come under general category?
26th January 2018, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have got 43%marks in graduation. I have completed my BED in 2015. I belong to obc can I apply for tgt job. Please tell me your advice (my name is Mamta Sehgal) I will wait for your answer
27th January 2018, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

PGT 2018 age relaxation column 6 departmental candidates means both Delhi Govt and Central Government employees or Delhi Government employees only
27th January 2018, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Departmental candidates means both Delhi Govt and the Central Government employees or Delhi Govt employees only seeking age relaxation in DSSSB-GRADE-TIER-I-TIER-II-RECRUITMENT 2018 for various posts
5th March 2018, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I completed my graduation from du in B.A prog ( maths) was the compulsory subject through the 3 years. Am I eligible for maths tgt teacher in govt school
22nd September 2018, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Is there any Age relaxation for PGT teachers for women quota of all categories working in private colleges in other states
22nd September 2018, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Is age relaxation for women working in private college of 46 years now running for the post of PGT.
20th March 2019, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my degree long before and l only scored 42%marks but my second language was hindi and I scored above 85 marks in hindi. So i just want to know that what course i have to complete to become a hindi teacher in a primary standard. Pls help with your answer
27th April 2019, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

I am 35 years old female, just started perusing B.ed from MDU. want to know what exactly the age limit for TGT and PGT in govt and central govt schools? Do the private and public schools also follow the same age limit criteria and also is there any age relaxation for women? As i heard that from 2019 the age limit would be 32 and 36 for PGT and TGT for both (Male and female)? is anyone can clarify?
30th May 2019, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam, I am doing b.ed but my percentage is 47% in b.com and I am mba post graduate with 60% marks. So what can i get the job in govt school
13th June 2019, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

I have not subject combination for up TGT .. what should I do? I have bed already
14th June 2019, 11:34 AM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Age Limit:---

Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) 40 years

Eligibility criteria:--

Candidate should have Post Graduate Degree from recognized Unversity with 50% Marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or B.A., B.Ed / B.SC, B.Ed from any institution recognized by NCTE with the subject concerned as a Methodology subject

Age Limit:---

Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) 35 years

Eligibility criteria:--

TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) as the name suggests, is a Graduate who is trained in teaching. They are meant to be teaching classes up to 8th Standard.
25th July 2019, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for pgt for a O BC category divorced woman
1st September 2019, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed master degree and Phd.but i have not done BEd can I sit for TET
1st September 2019, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir my age is 38.i have completed master degree and Phd.but i have not done BEd can I sit for TET
3rd September 2019, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

How many marks in BTET FOR OBC, SC\ST .HANDICAPPED FOR TEACHER SELECTION IN BIHAR
7th September 2019, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Hello, sir I have completed my BEd and recently I qualified up tet both papers I'm pursuing MEd too. I want to become a government teacher in pgt,should I take admission in pg program (English M.A)after my MEd then my age will be 38 years. Will I be eligible for that? Is any age relaxation in up government for women or not plz reply sir?
31st December 2019, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I have ba with 46 percent, MA 62 percent with CTET qualified ..may i applied for TGT post in KVS as i am belonged to reserve categories..please tell me
5th January 2020, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam my date of birth is 09/02/1983 and i m ctet qualified and belong to OBC category. Can i apply for TGT in kendriya Vidyalaya? Reply
17th January 2020, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

What is the age relaxation for widow in tgt dsssb exam 2020
2nd November 2020, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I am 47 years old . If I qualify tgt , can I get govt job in this age?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?