3rd August 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th?

Can i get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th?

3rd August 2015, 10:16 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th?

Yes, you can get admission in Science stream with 6.2 CGPA in 10th.
Some school doesn't allow candidates with such a low CGPA to get admission in science stream but there are many schools that can give you admission in science stream.
Prepare for admission exams as they some school may ask for admission test.
4th August 2015, 12:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Your Cumulative grade point average in class tenth is a bit low, so you will not be able to get admission in good schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Delhi Public School etc in science stream for the 10+1 and 10+2.

However if you can get admission in some other private schools with 6.2 CGPA in science stream. You need to visit the private schools affiliated to CBSE or ICSE to ask about what is the percentage requirement in that particular school for admission in science stream for 10+1. Work hard, there is nothing to worry, the marks scored in class 10+2 matters a lot from career point of view.

Do not repeat the mistake done in class 10th.
4th August 2015, 07:41 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can get admission in Science stream after completion of your 10th standard with 6.2 CGPA from CBSE Board. Most of the schools offers direct admission in Higher Secondary course by considering your 10th standard board examination marks but, some schools conducts an entrance examination for offering admission in Higher Secondary course. So, if the school you wish to pursue Higher Secondary course conducts an entrance examination, you must have to appear and qualify entrance examination for getting admission in Higher Secondary Science stream.
4th August 2015, 11:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can get admission in the Science stream after securing only 6.2 CGPA in your 10th board examination as there is no such requirement of percentage for the distribution of stream for the higher secondary degree.

You can get admission in most of the colleges/schools for your higher secondary degree with Science stream but for admissions in the few top institutes you will have to clear their respective entrance examination held for the distribution of stream. Also some institutes does have the barrier of percentage aggregate required for getting admitted in a desired stream.

Basically there are two types of Science stream courses available in higher secondary school degree. In one type Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the main subjects where as in other type Biology is main subject instead of Mathematics.

Also, one thing is sure that Science stream has more possibilities in future than possibilities of any other stream so one has to work hard to do well in Science stream as it is bit tougher than any other stream as the syllabus and possibility of the same stream is vast.
4th August 2015, 04:06 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Every school has its own merit list depending upon the percentage of candidates.
The minimum percentage required for the science stream is around 60%.
But as the science stream is tough so that one should join the science stream if one got minimum of in 10th so that one can study well in science.

All The Best.
4th August 2015, 05:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

That depends upon the school dear, as to what is the minimum admission criteria set at, however, having scored above 60% in your 10th you are only eligible to get admission in Science stream but there is no such assurance as to whether you will get admission in good reputed school.

You should however, try for admission in each and every school you have shortlisted and see whether you get admission in or not.
4th August 2015, 06:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the Science stream after scoring the 6.2 CGPA in the 10th board examination.

As there is no such any criteria for the admission in the admission in any of the stream after the 10th on the stream basis.

But generally most of the schools made a certain criteria for the admission in the science and different stream. So you need to visit the schools to get the admission in the schools.

But even some of the schools conducts the examination for the admission so you can apply for the admission there. But do not get harassed if you not get the admission in any best schools.
4th August 2015, 08:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

It depends on the kind of school in which you want admission. The cut off is high in reputed government school and you will have tough time in getting admission with this score.

There are private schools too but fee will be very high compared to government schools. Some even have management seats. Therefore, apply for admission in good schools. If you have good marks in science then you have good chance.
4th August 2015, 08:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CGPA stands for the Cumulative Grade Point Average. As you have mentioned that your CGPA is 6.8 in 10th which is very low for getting admission in good college for science stream.

However if you have interest in science stream, there are many schools and colleges that will offer you admission even with 6.8 CGPA. There is nothing to worry about the college, you can excel in studies by self study in 10+1 and 10+2.

You may have made some mistakes in studies due to which you have not scored well in the 10th board exam. I would suggest not to repeat such mistakes anymore as marks scored in 10+2 is very important for getting admission in good colleges for bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

For scoring well in 10+2 board exams, refer to NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. You can approach the schools and colleges affiliated to different boards for getting admission in science stream.
4th August 2015, 09:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Science stream even after securing 6.2 CGPA in 10th. However, you may not get the best school or the well reputed ones wherein there is huge rush of applicants and only the cream ones with higher CGPA get admission call. But there is nothing to get disheartened, you can still get admission in mediocre schools and study hard from now on, to produce better results and shine in future.
5th August 2015, 08:55 PM
newmoon06

Every school has its own admission criteria. It may be possible that some schools may allow you to get science admission and some schools may also not allow you as your percentage is not so good.

CGPA stands Cumulative Grade Point Average.

Certain schools filled their 95% seats on the basis of Pre-boards marks as the key criteria.

You can improve your percentage in class 12th. basically the 12th percentage is very important for further studies.Because on 12th percentage basis you will get admission in colleges.

While getting job your 10th marks and 12th marks are considered.

Don,t worry you will get admission for Science stream after that you have to work hard.
15th August 2015, 11:30 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

Yes you can get admission in the Science stream after securing only 6.2 CGPA in your 10th board examination as there is no such requirement of percentage for the distribution of stream for the higher secondary degree.

You can get admission in most of the colleges/schools for your higher secondary degree with Science stream but for admissions in the few top institutes you will have to clear their respective entrance examination held for the distribution of stream. Also some institutes does have the barrier of percentage aggregate required for getting admitted in a desired stream.

Basically there are two types of Science stream courses available in higher secondary school degree. In one type Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the main subjects where as in other type Biology is main subject instead of Mathematics.

Also, one thing is sure that Science stream has more possibilities in future than possibilities of any other stream so one has to work hard to do well in Science stream as it is bit tougher than any other stream as the syllabus and possibility of the same stream is vast.
27th June 2016, 06:26 PM
Ronie0309

Yes you can get admission in science stream but it is going to be tough.
Usually good colleges close admission for science stream at around 9.0 CGPA.
Some of the less-known colleges for science stream can have their cut-offs almost down till 7.0 CGPA.
Thus it is hard for you to find a college with 6.2 CGPA but it is quite possible.You may have to go to many a colleges around you which offer science for that low a grade but you will most certainly find one.
I must still tell you that this college will definitely not be of good standards.
5th June 2017, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Can you suggest me some cbse board affiliated schools name in south kolkata where we can get admission in science stream with low cgpa in class 10?
Please reply as fast as possible..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?