22nd August 2015, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study Regular B.Tech being a 12th Science NIOS candidate?

Sir,
I am pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board and I want to study B.Tech from Regular Mode. I would like to know that I can get admission in Regular Mode or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  2. Can I study regular after passing 12th from NIOS?
  3. Can I get admission to study B.Sc in VNSG University if completed 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  4. Can I get admission in IP University to study BCA if study 12th NIOS?
  5. Can I study B.Sc or BHMS after completing 12th NIOS? Does NIOS has any value in abroad?
  6. Can I get admission in Architecture as a regular student if done 12th from NIOS Board?
  7. Is it difficult to get job for 12th NIOS student?
  8. Can I get admission to study 12th Science in NIOS Board if haven't studied 11th standard?
  9. Is NIOS better than CBSE for me? Will I get good job or admission in DU with NIOS marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Should I reappear in 12th from Regular Board if completed NIOS and studying B.Com?
  11. Can I get admission to study in Kashmir University if study 12th from NIOS Board, Noida? Is NIOS Board of Noida recognized?
  12. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  13. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  14. Will I be able to join regular engineering college after passing from NIOS?
  15. Is it difficult to study MBBS in Japan if pursue 12th from NIOS Board?
  16. Will I be able to get admission in any Regular mode schools after completing 10th NIOS?
  17. Can I apply in B.Sc, B.Tech or B.H.M.S program if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS? Whether NIOS degree has any value in UK and US?
  18. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and study B.Tech for 12th NIOS candidate?

26th August 2015, 03:55 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study Regular B.Tech being a 12th Science NIOS candidate?

Yes, you can get admission to study regular B.Tech being a 12th Science NIOS student.
You can get admission in any colleges after passing 12th from NIOS if you complete the eligibility criteria.
Candidate who have passed 12th class from any recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can get admission in B.Tech course.
NIOS is recognised by HRD Ministry of Indian government.

Age of candidate must be from 17 to 23 years.

27th August 2015, 04:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study Regular B.Tech being a 12th Science NIOS candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board and I want to study B.Tech from Regular Mode. I would like to know that I can get admission in Regular Mode or not?
After completion of NIOS course you are not eligible for B.Tech course in regular mode.

Those candidates who have passed their 10+2 examinations or its equivalent degree from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics are eligible for B.Tech entrance exam. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

28th August 2015, 02:06 PM
sumitrahul76

Yes, of course you can get admission in b.tech being a student of NIOS ( national institute of open schooling).
But to get admission in any government college like NIT or IIT you must qualify JEE mains examination, after being qualified in JEE mains you will be eligible to give JEE advance to get admission in IIT college.

Students can also get admission in any private colleges if they are passed out from any recognized board i.e CBSE, ICSE, NIOS on the basis of JEE mains marks.

28th August 2015, 05:25 PM
newmoon06

NIOS that is National institute of Open Schooling is an Open schooling board. So, there is no need to attend the regular classes in NIOS. That why some people thinks that it has less value as compare to other recognized board, but it is not true NIOS has same value as the other recognized board have.
So, you are very well eligible to take admission in B.Tech through NIOS.

You must have 12th passed with Physics, Chemistry and maths as the main subjects. You must have secured minimum 50% marks including these subjects. You need to qualify the entrance exam for taking admission in B.Tech. There are so many entrance exam that are conducted for B.Tech. These exams are at the National level, State level and at the Institute level. Name of some Entrance exam are-
IIT-JEE, AIEEE, UPSEE, etc.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?