16th September 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Should i go in IT field being a Mechanical Engineer?

Hello sir, I am doing mechanical engineering (final year) & fortunately i have got a job through campus placement in "IGATE PATNI". So, should i go for it? I don't know much about IT field, would it affect my performance in that company (even after i give my maximum at work )?

17th September 2015, 06:08 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should i go in IT field being a Mechanical Engineer?

If you are god in mechanical field then you should not go to IT field. You should change your company and get placed in some core company.
But if you are not so much good in mechanical field then just stay in IGATE PILANI and give your 100% in your work. IT field is not so hard. Just take help of some colleague and start learning about IT basics and learn some coding that will help you in your work.
17th September 2015, 07:53 PM
shushma143

Hello friend...

First of all congrats to you...

It's better to join IGATE PATNI Because of company gives Training at starting level

You have fresher and also you can select has a fresher only so its better to join...

IT sector is very fast growing Companies compared to public sector...
18th September 2015, 12:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, it really does not matter. You will be trained initially in a particular technology and you need to learn it and implement in your work. There are many students every year who get shifted to IT from core branches of engineering. If you have interest in IT field, then only go for the job. Otherwise you can try for jobs in your domain or higher studies. You need to know the basic programming and need to have interest in coding. If you have these qualities, then you will not face much difficulty. You need to work hard initially and after getting experienced, you can improve further and rise to great height in your career. There are many managing directors in the technology field of various corporate giants who are from non-CS/IT background.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?