18th September 2015, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for government job even before I complete 20 years of age?

I m a student of bsc(computer science) final year. I am 17 year old.
I want to do a government job after bsc. But i there is no job which we can do before 20 .
May be there any job but i don't know about this. I want to know that what should i choose to do in goverment sector that i can do before age of 19 and based on graduation.
Plz rply.

19th September 2015, 07:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government job even before I complete 20 years of age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m a student of bsc(computer science) final year. I am 17 year old.
I want to do a government job after bsc. But i there is no job which we can do before 20 .
May be there any job but i don't know about this. I want to know that what should i choose to do in goverment sector that i can do before age of 19 and based on graduation.
Plz rply.
Yes, you are eligible for government jobs through your 12th standard course but you must qualify in NDA and SCRA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Applicant should have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination can apply for this examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years old.
20th September 2015, 01:04 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for government job even before I complete 20 years of age?

Yes there are quite a few government job options for you being less than 20 years old and pursuing final year of your graduation degree course. But for all these options you need to clear their respective entrance examination which are as discussed below:-

You have the option of becoming lower divisional clerk in government offices for which you need to clear Staff Selection Commission ( SSC ) examination.

You have the option of joining Indian Railways through Special Class Railway Apprentice ( SCRA ) examination or through Railway Recruitment Board ( RRB ) examination.

You do have the option of joining Indian Defense Services for which you have to clear National Defense Academy ( NDA ) till your age of 19 years after that you have the option of Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) examination.

You to have the option of becoming bank clerks in the nationalized banks of India for which you will have to clear IBPS bank examination or SBI bank examination.

You to can become a teacher of government school for which you will need to clear the Teacher Eligibility Test ( TET ).

There are much more options are available for you but for that you will have to wait for few years as the minimum age required is 21 years in the case of most of the government jobs.

For details regarding SSC examination you can log on to the link www.ssconline.nic.in, for TET you can log on the link www.cbse.nic.in, for IBPS examination you can visit the link www.ibps.in, for SBI examination you can vist the link www.sbiexam.in. Also for RRB examination you can refer to the link www.rrb.gov.in where as for NDA, CDS & SCRA examination you can log on www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?