28th September 2015, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE Advanced 2016 directly after scoring 95% in class 12?

I am going to get 95% in cbse 2015 class 12 board. So please explain me that whether am i eligible for jee advanced 2016 directly?

28th September 2015, 07:31 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced 2016 directly after scoring 95% in class 12?

NO, you can not appear in JEE Advanced 2016 directly after scoring 95% in class 12

For appearing in JEE Advanced you have to crack the examination of JEE.

After clearing the JEE exam then you are eligible for JEE Advanced 2016.
28th September 2015, 08:58 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE Advanced 2016 directly after scoring 95% in class 12?

No.You can not appear in JEE Advance eventhough you have 95% in 12th class exam.For JEE advance , You must have to stand among top 1,50,000 candidates in Jee Main Exam.So , You must have to appear JEE Main Exam and have to stand in top 1,50,000 candidates to appear JEE Advance Exam.

Eligibility
-You must be among top 1,50,000 candidates in Jee Main Exam.
- Your age must not be more than 25 years of the examination year.
- Maximum two consecutive attemps allowed.
- You must have passed 12th exam in 2015 OR 2016 to appear in JEE Advance 2016
- You should have not taken admission in IITs/IISc.

Important Dates

JEE Main
- Start Online Application From : 07/09/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 26/12/2015
- Issue Admit-Cards : 12/03/2016
- JEE Main Exam Paper Based : 04/04/2016
- JEE Main Computer Based : 10 & 11 April , 2016

JEE Advance
- Online Registration Starts From : 02/05/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 07/05/2016
- Issue Admit-Cards : 09/05/2016
- JEE Advance Exam : 24/05/2016
28th September 2015, 10:05 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is not possible to directly jump for JEE Advanced. Any candidate must go through JEE Main's before appearing for JEE Advanced. There is No relaxation for any candidate.

More over you need to secure below 1,50,000 rank to get shortlisted for JEE Advanced. So being a intelligent student JEE Main's is very simple to crack. Foremost you should concentrate more on JEE Advanced.
28th September 2015, 10:43 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot directly appear in JEE Advanced Examination just after scoring 95% marks in 12th Class. Yes, in order to appear in JEE Advanced Examination, you are required to first qualify JEE Main Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced 2016 Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university. Candidates who are among the top 1,50,000 members only are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced Examination.

To be Eligible for JEE Advanced - You must be among top 1,50,000 members (as far as JEE Main Marks are concerned)

To be Eligible for JEE Main - 12th Class from a recognized university.

Since you are going to score 95% marks in 12th Class, I suggest you to go with JEE Main Examination in order to appear in JEE Advanced Exam later. But the Eligibility for appearing in JEE Advanced Exam and eligibility for admission may also differ, so you must adhere to the required eligibility.
28th September 2015, 10:55 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an engineering entrance examination held by Central Board of Secondary Education once every year for the selection of deserving candidates for their bachelor of engineering / technology / architecture course from top government engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, ISM, IIIT as well as top private engineering colleges.

The examination is held in two stages which are respectively called as JEE Mains and JEE Advance.

--> For appearing in the JEE Mains one needs to have done his/her higher secondary degree course from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects with a minimum of 60 marks in each of the mentioned subject. Students pursuing their final year of same degree course are also eligible.

--> But for JEE Advance, one needs to first clear their JEE Mains along with that much percentage of aggregate in their higher secondary board examination that keeps him/her among the top 20 percentile students of their respective board examination.

--> Also for appearing in the same examination your age must be within 17 years to 25 years till the final date of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

So, securing 95% in your CBSE 12th board examination is not sufficient for your eligibility in JEE Advance as you need to clear the JEE Mains too.

The maximum attempt provided to you for clearing the same examination is three consecutive attempts including the academic year in which you are giving your board examination.

For more details regarding the JEE you can log on to the following links :- www.jeemain.nic.in or www.cbse.nic.in.
28th September 2015, 11:58 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

As you are getting 95% in your CBSE Exam, so that doesn't mean that you can directly appear for JEE Advanced Exam.

You have to follow the rules for appearing in JEE Advanced Exam though you are securing 95% marks.

Firstly, you will have to appear for JEE Main Exam.

After qualifying JEE Main Exam, cut off list will be declared.

If you have scored above the cutoff list marks, then only you can appear for JEE Advanced Exam otherwise not.

So, better you prepare for JEE Main Exam first.

JEE Main Exam is conducted in Online and Offline Mode and currently the dates are not announced for this exam yet.

Some of the books that you may refer for your exam preparation are:

JEE Main Mathematics in Just 40 Days 2014 (English) 4th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Rajeev Manocha
Released: 2013
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs.309

New Pattern Mathematics (IIT JEE) (English) (Paperback)
Author: Dr. SK Goyal
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.690

JEE Main 2014 Chemistry in Just 40 Days (English) 4th Edition (Paperback)
Author: Dr. Praveen Kumar
Released: 2013
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs.280
28th September 2015, 12:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such procedure through which a candidate can directly appear for the JEE Advanced after scoring 95% marks in the 10+2 examination board. Joint Entrance Examination has two stages:

1. JEE Mains.

2. JEE Advanced.

The first stage is the JEE mains and any candidate who has done 10+2 from a recognized board is eligible for this exam. Your subjects combination must include, physics, chemistry and mathematics.

A candidate can appear in JEE Advanced only if he/she has cleared the JEE Mains and is among the top 1.5 lacs candidates of JEE Mains. Your 10+2% will play a vital role in your JEE mains rank along with your marks in mains. So after getting 95% marks in board exam now try to score well in JEE mains to strengthen your chance of appearing for advanced stage.
28th September 2015, 01:04 PM
Career advisor

Yes,you are eligible to appear in JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) Advance 2016.
The main eligibility to appear in jee main+advance is that you must have completed your 12th with PCM (Physics,Chemistry,Maths).
The maximum no. Of attempts for jee advance is 2 times and that 2 in consecutive years.
28th September 2015, 01:13 PM
rituja mukherjee

Hello,

I'm very sorry to inform you that despite such good percentage of marks in Higher Secondary examination you will not be permitted to directly apply for JEE Advanced. As per the norms in order to get into medical or engineering one has to complete it through JEE Mains and then JEE Advanced respectively. What ever be your marks percentage you wuld have to appear for JEE Mains, and once you have cleared that then you have to appear for JEE Advanced. Securing good rank would facilitate you to get into either engineering or Medical. There is no shortcut option for this.
28th September 2015, 06:28 PM
JSD.

Jee advanced is the second level entrance exam for the admission in engineering colleges.Only the successfully passed out in the JEE mains aspirants are eligible for the JEE ADVANCE exam.

One can not appear in this exam directly before completing the Mains exam.You can appear in this exam only two times consecutively.
29th September 2015, 08:35 PM
RRAL

Jee conducts the two following entrance exam for the admission in bachelor degree course in the Engineering.

1. Jee Mains.
2. Jee Advanced.

The eligibility for the JEEs exam is to have successfully passed in the class 12th from Physics, chemistry and mathematics background.The first exam is Jee Mains and the second is Jee Advanced.

One has to clear the first exam successfully then only he or she will be eligible for the second exam.So you can not appear directly in the JEE ADVNACE.There is no matter how much marks you have scored in your class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?