31st October 2015, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for the post of ground duties branches in IAF?

How can I apply for tha post of ground duties branches in IAF??? Basically, what is the procedure followed for it? Can you please explain me the complete details which we need to follow for the same? Awaiting to get the answer soon!

31st October 2015, 03:14 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for the post of ground duties branches in IAF?

Yes, to join the IAF as the ground duty you have to qualify in the AFCAT examination. AFCAT examination is conducted by the Air Force every year for the recruitment of the candidates in the air force.

The written examination is contains two paper and the aspirants who qualify in the first paper are eligible to appear for the AFSB and after qualifying eligible for the final recruitment.

The required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation and age less than 19 years.
31st October 2015, 04:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT stands for the Airforce Common Admission test. This exam is conducted by the Indian Airforce for recruitment of candidates into the different branch of Airforce like:

1. Flying Branch.

2. Technical Branch.

3. Ground Duty Branch.

The academic qualification required for the Ground Duty branch is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. You must have minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree.

The age limit for the Ground Duty Branch is 20-26 years for candidates of every category. AFCAT is conducted twice every year and consists of written test and Service Selection board.

Once the notification for the AFCAT I in 2016 is out, you can apply for the exam at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
31st October 2015, 07:46 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Air Force on the basis of the 12th and the graduation qualification.

As you have not mentioned your present educational qualification it is tough to give the information about any particular in detail.

To get the recruitment on the 10+2 basis you have to qualify in the NDA examination for this the required eligibility criteria is candidates must have passed the 10+2 with the PCM as main paper and age between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

On the basis of the graduation you have to qualify in the CDS or the AFCAT examination. The eligibility for the AFCAT candidates must have passed the graduation and age less than 24 years.

So you can appear for the examination as according to your present educational qualification.
31st October 2015, 07:49 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Indian Air Force conducts entrance exam called AFCAT which is the Airforce Common Admission Test held two times every year.

For ground duty branch:

You must be a graduate in any discipline with at least 60% marks. The age limit is 20-26 years. You can apply for the AFCAT at official website at www.careerairforce.nic.in when important dates are released.
31st October 2015, 08:36 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

In IAF(Indian Air Force) , There are 3 branches
1) Flying Branch
2)Technical Branch
3)Ground Duty
Now , You are interested for ground duty in IAF.

Eligibility: Ground Duty In IAF
- You must have passed Graduation , Post-Graduation from recognized university.
- Age Limit : 20 to 23 Years for Graduation , 20 to 25 Years for Post-Graduate , 20 to 26 Years for Law Graduates , 20 to 27 Years for CA/ICWA

Selection
- Written Exam
- Interview

Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.careerairforce.nic.in
- Click "Candidate Login"
- Now , Click on "New Candidate"
- Fill the Application Form online
- Upload Photo , Signature & Thumb Impression
- Deposit the Fees online
- Submit the Application

Important Dates
- Starting Online Application : 27/06/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 23/07/2015
- Exam Date : 13/09/2015
- Course Commencement : In the July , 2016
1st November 2015, 01:15 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

IAF stands for Indian Air Force.You are not mentioned your qualification.I would like to tell you about the eligibility criteria for apply IAF.

You must have passed 12th in physics,chemistry & math.After passing 12th you can able for NDA exam .NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Physical fitness also required.

If you have graduate then you can apply for CDS exam.CDS stands for Central Defense Academy.

Age should be between 21 to 30 years for this exam.

Final srlection on the basis of written exam & medical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?