8th November 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in BCA in IP after passing 12th (Arts) from NIOS?

Sir/Madam,

I have passed my 12th last year. I have taken combined subjects as (English, Hindi, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Computer Science) from N.I.O.S.(National Open Schooling). So in this case i just want you to let me know that if i am eligible to do B.C.A from I.P University. Please do help me out.

Thanks for your time and recommendation,
Student, Akash

8th November 2015, 08:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get admission in BCA in IP after passing 12th (Arts) from NIOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,

I have passed my 12th last year. I have taken combined subjects as (English, Hindi, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Computer Science) from N.I.O.S.(National Open Schooling). So in this case i just want you to let me know that if i am eligible to do B.C.A from I.P University. Please do help me out.

Thanks for your time and recommendation,
Student, Akash
You have passed 12th standard from NIOS so you are eligible for BCA course course in IP University.

Those candidates who have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course in IP University.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
8th November 2015, 09:07 PM
singla420

Default Re: Can i get admission in BCA in IP after passing 12th (Arts) from NIOS?

I want to tell you that yes you are eligible to take admission.

- But for that you are a good scorer in 12th.

-And your age is above 17.

- And the percentage is too enough to the cut off of the I.P University. Because according to cut off you get rank in councelling list of I.P university and then according to seats in university you get admission.
9th November 2015, 06:30 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open Schooling. This board is recognized by the Central Government of India, so you need not worry about the validity of certificates but for bachelor of computer applications:

1. 10+2 from a recognized board along with mathematics as compulsory subject is necessary as most of the institutes in Indraprastha university prefer candidates who has taken mathematics as compulsory subject.

So, without mathematics, you can get admission in IP but not in the best colleges of this university.
9th November 2015, 08:39 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi is popularly known as IP university.
BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.
It is 3 years degree program for students who have completed have completed higher secondary with minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
To get admission in BCA, it is very important that the student have either completed higher secondary in science stream in Physics, Chemistry,Mathematics or with commerce stream with Mathematics as one of the subject.
Without Mathematics in higher secondary, students will not be allowed for admission.
As, you have completed 12th in Arts stream then, if Mathematics is one of your subject then you are eligible to get admission if not then you should think of about other options such as B.A in English, Geography, History etc .
9th November 2015, 09:53 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS is definitely accepted by IP university for admission in BCA course. You need to appear for entrance exam conducted by them for getting admission. Just make sure that you have got 50% marks with maths as one of the subject in class XII.

Admission is on merit and you need to get a good rank then only you will get admission through counselling.
9th November 2015, 07:07 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BCA course.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Bachelor of computer application (BCA) is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks with English and mathematics or computer science/ Computer applications/Information practices as one of the subjects.

As you have passed class 12 with English and computer science, you are eligible to apply for BCA course in IP university.
15th December 2016, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Respected, I have done my 12th in arts stream in NIOS, and I wanted to pursue BCA in Sikkim manipal university so sir can I get admission in that university,, please help me sir.
Your faithfully,
Dinthui...
23rd January 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 12th stream art from NIOS. My subject is english, hindi, political, geography, history. Can i do BCA in any government collage.
23rd January 2017, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my 12th stream Art from NIOS. My subject is english, hindi, political science, geography, history. Can i do BCA form any government collage.
30th April 2017, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have arts stream after this year passed I have ip history English education what I can do next tell me send me msg this number 918491038985 919055227108
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?