14th December 2015, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Details of scholarship offered by CSIR after clearing NET?

Sir,
I have registered myself for PhD course. I wanted to know that by clearing CSIR-NET am I eligible to get scholarship for my studies.? If possible anyone please give me details about CSIR scholarship.

20th July 2023, 04:41 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Details of scholarship offered by CSIR after clearing NET?

Yes, clearing the CSIR-NET examination will make you eligible to receive a scholarship from the CSIR. The CSIR offers a number of scholarships for PhD students, including the CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and the CSIR Senior Research Fellowship (SRF).
The CSIR JRF is a fully funded scholarship that provides a monthly stipend, a contingency grant, and travel allowance. The CSIR SRF is also a fully funded scholarship, but it provides a higher monthly stipend and a larger contingency grant.
To be eligible for a CSIR scholarship, you must have cleared the CSIR-NET examination and have been admitted to a PhD program in a recognized university or institute. You must also meet the other eligibility criteria, which are specified on the CSIR website.
The CSIR scholarship application process is online. You can find the application form on the CSIR website. The application deadline is usually in December or January.

Some of the benefits of the CSIR scholarship:
  • Monthly stipend: The CSIR JRF and SRF scholarships provide a monthly stipend that is enough to cover your living expenses.
  • Contingency grant: The CSIR JRF and SRF scholarships also provide a contingency grant that can be used for travel, research expenses, and other unforeseen expenses.
  • Travel allowance: The CSIR JRF and SRF scholarships also provide a travel allowance that can be used to travel to conferences and other academic events.
  • Research support: The CSIR JRF and SRF scholarships also provide research support, such as access to research facilities and equipment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?