6th January 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University?

Sir,

I would like to know whether Aligarh Muslim University recognizes senior secondary certificate issued by NIOS for its undergraduation courses or not?

I have completed my 10th and 10+2 (PCB) from nios and would like to seek admission in AMU's BSc(hons) zoology course.

Thanks in Advance!

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 10th NIOS candidate?
  2. Can I be eligible for Aligarh Muslim University entrance after passing senior secondary from National Institute of Open Schooling Noida?
  3. Eligibility to appear in AMUEEE for Diploma holder?
  4. Whether NIOS student is eligible to study B.Tech in Aligarh Muslim University?
  5. How can I apply for a student visa in USA after gaining certification from NIOS or will I be applicable to take admission in any College under Recognized University in USA with this Senior Secondary Certificate?
  6. Am I eligible for AMU Medical entrance exam?
  7. Admission procedure to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University for 9th BSEB student?
  8. Can I apply for student Visa in USA being an NIOS candidate?
  9. Which course to study after passing NIOS senior secondary for a better future? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Courses available for a candidate who has secured 50% in Senior Secondary from NIOS Board?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for BBA or BBM with any of the US universities being a candidate of pursuing SSC course form NIOS?
  12. Possibility to study in Australia for NIOS Senior Secondary candidate?
  13. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in Aligarh Muslim University if studying in Doha, Qatar?
  14. Which subject to choose after completing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  15. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  16. Can Kerela Government debar students with the secondary certificate of NIOS from their board of higher secondary?
  17. Procedure to get admission in B.Com at AMU?
  18. After 12th from NIOS can I get admission in B.Sc at Calcutta University?
6th January 2016, 07:44 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Learning.
It acts like a board just like CBSE, ICSE and other state boards.
It is a very popular and well-known open learning institute of India.
It is recognized by Human Resource Department of Govt of India.
So, the certificate issued by the board is recognized everywhere for admission in higher studies.
Students presently in NIOS need not to worry about the validity and recognition of their certificates for admission in colleges or Universities for further studies.
6th January 2016, 11:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS Senior Secondary certficate recognized by Aligarh Muslim University?

NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling.

Candidates who have obtained certificates from NIOS board are all recognized certificates. They are considered equivalent and given importance with other national and state board of education.

AMU accepts NIOS certificates, but final selection will be depends on entrance exam and norms set by the AMU.
7th January 2016, 08:05 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The certificates of National Institute of Open Schooling is for 10+2 board examination is accepted by Aligarh Muslim University for admission in undergraduates courses. You can take admission in AMU if you have passed 10+2 from NIOS board.

You must not worry regarding NIOS validity because it is central government recognized board and all major universities of India accept NIOS certificates for admission in undergraduate or post graduate courses.
7th January 2016, 02:23 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS certificate is recognised by Aligarh Muslim University.
NIOS is recognised by HRD Department of Indian Government. Certificate from NIOS has same value as that of certificate from other recognised board like CBSE etc.
So, you are eligible to get admission in Aligarh Muslim University after passing senior secondary from NIOS.
7th January 2016, 03:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in all university and eligible to appear in all the entrance examination to get admission in higher studies after pursuing course from NIOS.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board and the certificate is valid to appear for all the examination and to get admission.

So, you are eligible to get admission in Aligarh university also.

For more information about NIOS visit at www.nos.nic.in.
7th January 2016, 08:12 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, Aligarh Muslim University accepts NIOS certificates for admission in various undergraduate courses offered in this institute.

NIOS certificates are accepted by almost all Indian Universities. You can apply for admission process in AMU after completion of 10+2 with PCB subjects from NIOS.
8th January 2016, 12:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I would like to know whether Aligarh Muslim University recognizes senior secondary certificate issued by NIOS for its undergraduation courses or not?

I have completed my 10th and 10+2 (PCB) from nios and would like to seek admission in AMU's BSc(hons) zoology course.

Thanks in Advance!
You have completed 12th standard from NIS board so you are eligible for graduation course from AMU. Because NIOS is recognized.

For more details of NIOS board, you can visit to http://www.nos.org/#f3
8th January 2016, 01:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling .
It is recognized board and has same value as other boards such as CBSE, ISC etc.
Hence, you are eligible to get admission where this board is recognized.
9th January 2016, 01:15 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS certificate is very much recognized by Aligarh Muslim University. You are therefore very much eligible to get admission in AMU for the above mentioned course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?