18th February 2016, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?

Hello Sir,
I have done BCA(H). During my BCA I have realized that I am more interested in Engineering field. So, now after my BCA, I have decided to do Diploma course in the domain of Civil Engineering. I would like to know can I do Diploma in Civil Engineering now?

Related Questions:
  1. Is graduate diploma after diploma equal to graduate degree?
  2. Detailed information about the entrance exam to study correspondence Civil Engineering Diploma course for Commerce graduate who has work experience in Civil field?
  3. Subjects included in Diploma in Civil Engineering? Courses to study after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  4. Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?
  5. Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering in IGNOU being a 30 years old graduate?
  6. Can I study Civil Engineering Diploma course through Distance Education being an Arts graduate?
  7. Can I study M.E.(Civil Engineering) if completed B.Com and Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  8. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  9. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  10. What should I study further after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  11. Can I do CDAC course after doing BCA course?
  12. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  13. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course in Saudi Arabia? List of Distance Universities for admission?
  14. Career options after completing BCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering) in Abroad for Diploma holder?
  16. How can I get admission to study Diploma in Civil Engineering after completing ITI Draughtsman Civil?
  17. Am I eligible to study Polytechnic Diploma in Civil Engineering being an Economics graduate?
  18. Is diploma course alone sufficient to get the jobs in Civil background?
19th February 2016, 10:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I have done BCA(H). During my BCA I have realized that I am more interested in Engineering field. So, now after my BCA, I have decided to do Diploma course in the domain of Civil Engineering. I would like to know can I do Diploma in Civil Engineering now?
You are a BCA graduate so you are eligible for diploma in Civil Engineering.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.
19th February 2016, 04:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, for diploma in civil engineering the minimum qualification is class 10th which you have without any doubt. Therefore, you are definitely eligible for admission through polytechnic entrance exam.

Most of the entrance exam have upper age limit. Hence, you have to make sure that you are applying for exams which don't have upper age limit if your age is above 21 years.
19th February 2016, 08:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to study Diploma in Civil Engineering course being a BCA graduate. Candidates who have passed 10th standard or equivalent examination with minimum aggregate of 40% marks from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Diploma course. Some colleges offers direct admission in Diploma course on the basis of 10th standard board examination marks whereas some colleges conducts an entrance examination and offers admission to merit candidates of the entrance examination. Since, you have already completed BCA course, you are eligible to study Diploma in Civil Engineering course.
19th February 2016, 11:58 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Yes, you can do Diploma in Civil Engineering. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10th or 10+2. So you can join the course in the 2nd year of the Diploma course through lateral entry. In many polytechnic colleges they have the lateral entry system, so you can complete your diploma in civil engineering in 2 years time. In some states there will be an entrance examination for the diploma admission. But think twice before you take any decision because you have already studied BCA. So going back and studying diploma will spoil your current qualification.
20th February 2016, 12:50 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering course after completion of your BCA as the minimum eligibility is 10+2 level of education from any recognized Institute, therefore you are very much eligible to pursue the course.
13th May 2017, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

I completed my BCA degree now. I am very much interested in engineering. Please tell me can I eligible to study civil engineering now?
6th November 2018, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Actually I am an electronics and communication engineering graduate but I want to change my engineering field towards civil engineering so can I do diploma in civil engineering being as an engineering graduate??
14th July 2019, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Can I do diploma and graduation together
23rd August 2020, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

I have done diploma in civil engineering can I do BcA after that
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?