29th February 2016, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?

Sir,
If I take up IT subject without Mathematics in class 11th and 12th, will I be eligible for BCA in future? What options will be available for me at Graduation level if I take up IT subject without Mathematics in class 12th? For BCA, is it necessary that a candidate should have Science stream in class 12th?
Thanks with regards-
Shubham

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA? -- [New]
  2. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  3. Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?
  4. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  5. Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?
  6. Should I discontinue BCA to study B.Sc in Electronics course?
  7. Is Mathematics compulsory in BCA? Subjects enlisted to study?
  8. Possibility to study BCA for a candidate who is pursuing 12th Commerce with Computer Science and without Mathematics?
  9. Which is better to study among B.Sc(IT) and BCA after completing 12th Science? What kind of jobs I will get if pursue BCA?
  10. Is it possible to get admission in BCA with 52% marsk in 12th?
  11. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  12. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  13. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Possibility to study M.Sc(Mathematics) for BCA student?
  15. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  16. Which is better to study among BCA and B.Sc(IT) for 12th NIOS Science candidate?
  17. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths?
  18. Can I study BCA if got failed in 12th Physics and didn't study Computer? Will I get job if pursue BCA in Ranchi University?
29th February 2016, 06:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?

Yes, it is necessary to have science stream in 10+2 to get admission in BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course. The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board with science stream.

So, you have to pursue science to get admission and even also appear and qualify in entrance examination to get admission.
29th February 2016, 08:31 PM
OnePlus

Default Re: Can I study BCA with IT and without Maths in 12th? Is it necessary to study Science in 12th for further pursuing BCA?

Admission procedure varies from place to place. Somewhere there is entrance for this course.

Maths is compulsory subject for taking admission in BCA. But many colleges give admission if you don't have maths in class 12th.

If you will get admission in BCA then you have to study maths in your semester and this will create some problem for you.
29th February 2016, 09:12 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
If I take up IT subject without Mathematics in class 11th and 12th, will I be eligible for BCA in future? What options will be available for me at Graduation level if I take up IT subject without Mathematics in class 12th? For BCA, is it necessary that a candidate should have Science stream in class 12th?
Thanks with regards-
Shubham

Yes, you can study BCA with Computer Science as one of the subject in 12th standard and without Mathematics. The course is available in many colleges like Amity University, the eligibility to study the BCA course is a pass in 10+2 with Mathematics/Computer Science. So you can study the course in Amity University. The duration of the course is 3 years, full time course. The website link is http://www.amity.edu/aiit/bca.html
The course is also available in the following colleges without Mathematics in 10+2.
IGNOU - http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/socis/programmes/detail/190/2
Vels University - http://www.velsuniv.ac.in/course-eligibility.asp
29th February 2016, 10:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you will not be eligible to pursue BCA after your 12th if you have not studies Mathematics as one of your main subjects in 12th board examination.

You can go for various other courses such as;

> B.Com.

> BBA.

> BA, etc.

Yes, it is necessary to have studied Science at your +2 level yo opt for BCA in future.
29th February 2016, 10:45 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

In order to be eligible for BCA, you need to have studied mathematics at your +2 level as it is the minimum eligibility requirement to opt for BCA.

Here are some options available for your after 12th(without maths);

> Bachelor of Commerce

> Bachelor of Business Studies

> Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics

> Bachelor of Business Administration in Banking

> Bachelor of Administration in Account and Finance

> Bachelor of Administration in Marketing and Finance

> Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Taxation

> Bachelor of Commerce in Advanced Accountancy, etc.

Yes, you will have to have studied mathematics at your +2 level in order to get admission in BCA course.
1st March 2016, 12:37 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application and it is three year course. The eligibility to for entrance examination to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 10+2 with Science ( PCM ).

So, you have to pursue mathematics in 10+2 to get admission in BCA course.
19th August 2019, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Nope it's not necessary to have a background of
Mathematics... in fact commerce students can
Also Persue it. But the things is there r only
Limited colleges who gives admission. For further
Details uh have to search online ..... BCA have a huge scope don't loose it so easily and try to practice ur mathematical skills after getting an admission ALL THE BEST PAL :)
23rd August 2019, 09:04 PM
Alkasharma123

There is no restriction for any candidates for maths as a main subject in 12th. So, you definitely can do BCA from any recognized University. Maths is not necessary as BCA is study of computer related subject but maths is important subject for almost many courses so you may need some basic knowledge of 10th level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?