1st March 2016, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to appear for IIT JEE after completion of diploma course?

hello sir/mam,i am ajay mane, i am student of diploma first yr.of mech. engg,i am studing in a institute N.M.P.I.peth(maharashtra)which is reconized by"MSBTE" tell me sir, i will elligible for appear iit jee in 2014,i join diploma after pass 12th science. i hae complete 18.6 yrs of age,so please give me answer of my question or facebook.....................pppppppplllllllllllee eeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssee

Related Questions:
  1. Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?
  2. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  3. Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to give JEE Main exam after completion of diploma?
  5. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  6. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to do graduation after completion of diploma?
  7. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  8. Which should be preferred after Diploma - JEE or E-CET?
  9. Is it good to write JEE entrance after Diploma? Should i go for AIEEE instead?
  10. Eligibility criteria for diploma Automobile Engineering students for IIT JEE? Which are the courses offered?
  11. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  12. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completion of diploma with mechanical engineering
  13. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  14. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible in IIT? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  15. How many times can a person give IIT JEE exam? List of top IIT JEE government colleges? Eligibility criteria for IIT JEE and AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Criteria to appear in JEE diploma Engineering polytechnic courses in UP?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  18. Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?
2nd March 2016, 03:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to appear for IIT JEE after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir/mam,i am ajay mane, i am student of diploma first yr.of mech. engg,i am studying in a institute N.M.P.I.peth(maharashtra)which is reconized by"MSBTE" tell me sir, i will eligible for appear iit jee in 2014,i join diploma after pass 12th science. i hae complete 18.6 yrs of age,so please give me answer of my question or facebook.....................pppppppplllllllllllee eeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssee
Yes, diploma student are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
2nd March 2016, 05:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to appear for IIT JEE after completion of diploma course?

As far as JEE Main is concerned there is no lateral entry admission procedure for B.Tech course. Hence, being a diploma in mechanical engineering holder you can't get admission in IIT through JEE.

You have to appear for other lateral entry exams which offer second year admission in B.Tech course. There are very few colleges which offer such admission.
2nd March 2016, 05:15 PM
Jitu369

IIT - Indian Institute of Technology

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the entrance examination taken by IIT every year for B.Tech & B.Arch courses in different IITs situated in India.

Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE :
--> Candidate must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from recognised educational board with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.

--> Candidate must have minimum 50% in 12th science.

--> Age of candidate should not be above 25 years.

You said that you have completed 12th. So, you are eligible for IIT-JEE on your 12th basis. But you can not appear for IIT-JEE after diploma. Because 10+2 is not equivalent to diploma & IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions for diploma holders.

After completion of diploma you can appear for LEET to get admission for B.Tech by lateral entry in another institutes except IITs & NITs.
2nd March 2016, 07:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. But, your JEE Main examination scores or rank will not be considered for admission to NIT's, it is only the gateway to appear in JEE Advanced examination. By qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT.
2nd March 2016, 08:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in IIT JEE exam is 12th from recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subject with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.
If you have done your diploma degree from recognised AICTE University then you are eligible to give this exam. Minimum percentage required in diploma is 60% and 55% for reserved categories to appear in the exam.

As you are a diploma holder so you should appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Exam to get admission directly in 2nd year of engineering course.
2nd March 2016, 08:44 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to do Engineering Course after diploma then you can appear in Lateral Entry Entrance exam to get admission in second year of engineering course.
But if you have done your diploma from AICTE recognised University then you are eligible to appear for this exam.
Minimum eligibility criteria to appear in this exam is 12th from recognised Board from science stream or equivalent examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?