11th March 2016, 07:13 AM
Unregistered

Can i be eligible for studying B.Arch after 12th from Commerce side?

Sir,

I am in 11th standard and opting for commerce maths but i have a keen interest in b.arch. So can i go for b.arch even after studying my 12th from Commerce side? Please reply soon.

11th March 2016, 12:11 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i be eligible for studying B.Arch after 12th from Commerce side?

No you are not eligible to write this exam because the minimum qualification required is 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories.
A Commerce student is not eligible to write this exam.
11th March 2016, 12:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i be eligible for studying B.Arch after 12th from Commerce side?

A candidate should have studied physics, Chemistry, Maths and English in class 12th with minimum 50% marks and 45% for SC/ ST. As you are a Commerce student so you are not eligible to write this exam.
11th March 2016, 12:30 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for B.Arch after 12th from commerce side with Mathematics.
B.Arch. or bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate Architecture graduation course.
Candidate must have passed 12th with Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
Course duration is 5 years.
11th March 2016, 01:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether you are eligible for studying B.Arch course or not basically depends on the following eligibility criteria. Yes, if you have studied Mathematics at your Higher secondary Level, then I am sure you are certainly eligible to study Bachelor of Architecture course. The minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue B.Arch course is “12th Class” in 10+2 pattern with minimum 50% marks. The best entrance examination you have to give to pursue this Architecture course is 12th Class. So if you are willing to study B.Arch, you are required to appear in well know NATA Entrance Examination. In order to appear in this exam, you are first required to meet the eligibility criteria. The minimum qualification required for this exam is “12th Class with Minimum 50% marks “ and must have studied Mathematics as one of your subjects. So if you have studied Mathematics during Higher Secondary Class, then I am sure you are eligible to pursue this B.Arch course after 12th Class in Commerce stream.
11th March 2016, 01:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am in 11th standard and opting for commerce maths but i have a keen interest in b.arch. So can i go for b.arch even after studying my 12th from Commerce side? Please reply soon.
You are in 11th standard and your department is commerce so you are not eligible B.Arch course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM subject are eligible for B.Arch course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
11th March 2016, 06:16 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot pursue B.Arch course after completion of your 12th from Commerce as the minimum educational requirement in order to pursue B.Arch us that a candidate should have completed his/her 12th from science background from a recognized board.
11th March 2016, 06:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For B.Arch only maths is required at class 12th level. If you have done class 12th with commerce with maths then surely you are eligible for the entrance exam for admission in architecture courses.

Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance exam and seats will be allotted through counselling.
11th March 2016, 06:27 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You cannot get admission in B.Arch course being a commerce students as you should have studied Science at your +2 level in order to be eligible for the course. You should have also scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate and atleast 50% in your science and math subject from a recognized board in order to be eligible.
11th March 2016, 06:36 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be eligible for admission in B.Arch after doing 12th in Commerce stream.

B.Arch. stands for Bachelor of Architecture.

Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate course of five years duration.

The minimum eligibility for B.Arch. course is class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from recognized board or university.

The candidate must have studied mathematics as a compulsory subject at 12th level.
11th March 2016, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
I am 32 , looking for chance to get job in state or central government jobs .All jobs posting have age limit till 27 or 30. Please advice
11th March 2016, 08:46 PM
OnePlus

** If you have a Mathematics subject in class 12th standard then you are eligible for doing B.Arch.
** As the eligibility criteria for B.Arch is-
-Candidate seeking admission should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (XII) with mathematics as compulsory subjects or three Year Diploma (any stream) recognized by central or state government with minimum 50% of aggregate marks.
11th March 2016, 09:04 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, if you are pursuing appearing for 10+2 board examination in 2018, you won't be eligible to pursue B.Arch course.

As per Council of Architecture notification commerce stream candidate passed or appearing for board 10+2 examination till 2017 can pursue B.Arch course if they have mathematics as main paper.

So, if you are in 11th std now (2016) and appearing for 2017 board (10+2) then you are eligible to pursue B.Arch course.
11th March 2016, 11:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Yes, you are eligible for studying B.Arch course after 12th standard from commerce, if you have studied mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination called as National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture. The marks scored in the NATA and 12th standard considered for the admission to the B.Arch course. The duration of the course is 5 years. The course is available in many colleges in India like;
15th October 2016, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 11th std and opting commerce maths I give 12th in 2018 can I do b.arch ?? because from 2018 only science students are eligible for b.arch
Can I do??
24th January 2017, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

sir , as i have taken commerce and pass 10th standard in 2016. Can i take architecture in 2018. Because rules are recently change after admission are over.
1st June 2017, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Can i eligible for studying b arch after 12 th science and I also written JEE MAIN b arch exam , will i get admission in the collages
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?