19th May 2016, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Which is better to study between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering?

I have passed 12th Science(PCM) with 85% and got 40 marks in JEE Main. My marks is not good. I have to do Engineering from any Private college. I want to study Civil Engineering as well in Mechanical Engineering. Please suggest me which branch is better for me?

21st May 2016, 12:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to study between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering?

Both Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering are the best branches of Engineering. Each branch has its own significance. You can opt any branch in which you are interested for pursuing Engineering course. However, I will provide you the information regarding both the courses then, you can opt the course in which you have interest.

If you are interested in Construction field like designing of roads, bridges, etc.,. you can study Civil Engineering course. If you are interested in Design, Production and Operation of Machines then, you can study Mechanical Engineering course.
21st May 2016, 06:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better to study between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering?

Best stream between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering:

In fact, both Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering streams have their own specialty and their own academic career ahead. Generally Mechanical and Civil Engineering both branches are evergreen branches after completion of studies, you may find number of job opportunities in both the fields. So it is you to choose best course between these two based on your interests and goals. Civil Engineering basically deals with bridges, buildings, canals and dams. Where as mechanical engineering deals with Design, operation of tools and machines, analysis of components and etc., As far as my knowledge is concerned, Mechanical Engineering rather than Civil Engineering which includes surveys that should be done outside the office.
22nd May 2016, 02:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

That totally depends upon your own interest as to which field you are interested in and can then pursue your studies in that field itself.

You should first of all decide that which stream you are interested to study in and about your interest and then make a decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?