29th June 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Admission procedure and eligibility to study Ph.D in English from NSOU having 57.5% marks in M.A Postgraduate?

Sir,
I have completed my M.A in English with 57.5% marks. I want to do Ph.D in English from NSOU. Please let me know about the admission procedure and eligibility criteria in Netaji Subhas Open University, Kolkata.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission into PhD under NSOU? How can I get admission?
  2. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  3. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  5. Procedure to take admission in Ph.D in mathematics from NSOU University?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  7. Possibility to study PhD without M.Phil for English Literature postgraduate? List good universities with admission procedure?
  8. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?
  9. Eligibility to study PhD for a postgraduate?
  10. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  11. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to study PhD and become English Professor being a postgraduate?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to study PhD in Hindi for a postgraduate with 49.6% marks?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD(Physics) in Mumbai University for M.Phil postgraduate of Kerala? Possibility to get direct admission?
  15. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (English) scoring 62% marks?
  16. Can I get admission to study PhD in English in Christ University being a postgraduate of KSOU?
  17. Admission procedure to study PhD in Sanskrit in Open Universities for a Lecturer? When the form will be published?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English after completion of MA with 48 percentage marks and doing B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
5th July 2016, 01:46 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission procedure and eligibility to study Ph.D in English from NSOU having 57.5% marks in M.A Postgraduate?

To do Ph.D in English subject, candidates need to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which they can get admission to study Ph.D.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to study Ph.D
19th November 2018, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Admission procedure and eligibility to study Ph.D in English from NSOU having 57.5% marks in M.A Postgraduate?

Whether a candidate with BA (2 years pass graduate 1985),special BA in English ,(300 marks 46%,1991),B.Ed(1989),M.A.Pol.Sc(1993),M.Ed(1997), 18 years running teaching-experience can apply or is eligible for admission into M.A in English under Netaji Subhas Open University.
25th November 2021, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have secured 52 % marks in Masters in Eng from NSOU. Shall I be eligible to do PHD from NSOU?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?