11th July 2016, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after passing class 10th from Maharashtra?

Hello Sir, I have completed my class 10th from Maharashtra. Is is possible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after passing class 10th? Can you please let me know as soon as possible?

12th July 2016, 05:34 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after passing class 10th from Maharashtra?

No, it will not be possible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after passing 10th only as the minimum academic qualification required for the course is 10+2 or equivalent.

Diploma in Pharmacy is also known as D.Pharmacy. It takes a time duration of two years to complete diploma programme in Pharmacy.

Academic qualification required to get admission for the Diploma in Pharmacy is 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Biology .
12th July 2016, 03:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Diploma in Pharmacy after passing class 10th from Maharashtra?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy course after passing your 10th standard from Maharashtra Board. To be eligible to pursue Diploma in Pharmacy course, you should have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology subjects from a Government recognised board.

Most of the colleges offer admissions to Diploma in Pharmacy course on basis of merit of 12th standard examination marks. Some top reputed colleges also conducts their own entrance examination for offering admissions to Diploma in Pharmacy course to merit candidates of the entrance examination.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have passed 10th standard, so, I suggest you to pursue 11th and 12th standard after completion of your 10th standard, so, that you are eligible to study Diploma in Pharmacy course.
12th July 2016, 07:01 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No. You are not eligible to apply for D.Pharm (Diploma In Pharmacy) after completion of your 10th. For D.Pharm admission, One should have passed (10+2) in science stream. University also conduct entrance exam for admission. Admission will be made on the basis of score obtained in entrance exam plus (10+2). Questions in entrance will be based on (10+2) syllabus from subjects physics , chemistry , maths/biology and english.

D.Pharm Eligibility
- You must have passed senior secondary in science stream with PCM or PCB as a main subjects.
- Your age should be between 17 to 23 years on 31st December of the examination year.
- You should have appeared entrance exam for admission.

Top Pharmacy Colleges In Maharastra
- Bombay College of Pharmacy
- K.M.Kundnani College of Pharmacy
- C.U.Shah College of Pharmacy
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Pharmacy
- Saraswati Vidya Bhavan's College of Pharmacy
- Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir's College of Pharmacy
- Dr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy
- K.T.Patil College of Pharmacy
- Oriental College of Pharmacy
- Satara College of Pharmacy
- Dr. L.H.Hiranandini College of Pharmacy
12th July 2016, 09:56 PM
Birendra chauhan

No you can not apply for pharmacy in diploma. On the base of class 10th you only apply for engineerin. To get pharmacy you have to complete class 12th with science then only you can apply.
14th July 2016, 08:00 PM
anuradha1985

No,you are not eligible to pursue diploma in pharmacy after 10th ,for doing diploma you should have 12th certificate in science stream from recognized board.And your age should be in between 17 to 23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?