12th July 2016, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

How would I get job in railway sector after engineering?

I am now studying electrical engineering in ITER,BBSR. I want a job in railway field after my completion of engineering. I am now completed my 1st year.What would I do in this summer that would be helpful in my carrier. Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any railway government sector job after completion of B.Tech CSE?
  2. How would I get job in railway sector after engineering?
  3. How to get job in Railways and private sector while doing B.E?
  4. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  5. Am I eligible to get a railway nursing job after completion of B.Sc Nursing course?
  6. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  7. Is there any government job available after passing B.Com? Any jobs in railway sector?
  8. What are the Government job opportunities after completing Engineering? -- [New]
  9. Benefits in private sector after doing Diploma in Civil engineering and Railway engineering? Can I get job in Abroad?
  10. How may I find jobs in various government sectors after completing graduation in commerce stream from Mangalore university?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for railway job after completion of B.E degree in second class?
  12. What should I do after diploma in mechanical?
  13. Job in Railways for IT sector people?
  14. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to get good jobs and placements in B.Tech Electronics and Communications?
  16. What can I get a job in government sector after passing 3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering? How to prepare for interview?
  17. Can I apply for railway job after mechanical engineering?
  18. How to go for Railway Sector? How to prepare myself?
13th July 2016, 08:24 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How would I get job in railway sector after engineering?

Being a B.Tech. student, you can apply for following posts in Railways:-

Section Engineer,

Project Engineer,

Junior Technician,

Electric Engineer,

Divisional Engineer etc.

Eligibility criteria required to apply for these posts are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Machining Engineering from a recognized university .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the post is 20 years to 34 years. There is relaxation in upper age limit for for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection of candidates are made on the basis of Online (Computer Based) Examination, verification of original documents and medical fitness.

The syllabus for RRB entrance exam are as under:-

General awareness,

Arithmetic Ability,

Reasoning Ability,

General Intelligence ,

General Science and

Technical Ability.

Exam pattern :-

The questions asked will be in the form of objective type multiple choices questions. There will be 150 questions in the online exam; 90 questions from Technical Ability & General Science and 60 questions from General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
14th July 2016, 12:52 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How would I get job in railway sector after engineering?

After completing B.Tech you will be eligible for technical post as well as non-technical post.
You just need to fill up forms and after qualifying it, ,have to pass typing test and personal interview.
These forms are available after 12th also and after graduation also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?