4th September 2016, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Which board is beneficial for AIIMS entrance exam? Who conducts this exam?

Hello sir, I have passed 10th exam from CBSE board and now want to prepare for AIIMS entrance exam. I want to know who conducts this entrance exam and which board is beneficial for AIIMS preparation?

5th September 2016, 09:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is beneficial for AIIMS entrance exam? Who conducts this exam?

AIIMS entrance examination is conducted by AIIMS New Delhi and canidates passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board are eligible to appear for examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or pursuing from recognised board.

Candidate must have PCB as main paper with minimum 60% and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination even after pursuing your course from any recognised board. The syllabus for all the board is almost same.

There are also questions of General Knowledge in AIIMS examination. So, you must be updated with current affairs topics to qualify in examination.
5th September 2016, 10:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which board is beneficial for AIIMS entrance exam? Who conducts this exam?

AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Science. It is an autonomous body and conducts its own entrance examination. AIIMS entrance examination is not included in NEET examination.

Eligibility criteria for AIIMS entrance exam:

1. You must pursue your 10+2 from a recognized board. Your compulsory subjects in 10+2 must be Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is necessary to apply for this exam.

2. You need to attain minimum age of 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

You must continue your studies with Central Board of Secondary Education. There is no problem with CBSE board. You can either do self study or join any coaching institute like Aakash or Allen to prepare for medical entrance exam.
6th September 2016, 01:39 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can remain in any board and do well in your examination and there is no such problem in it. The examination is conducted by central government in collaboration with AIIMS Institute. You should start your preparation at the earliest in order to be able to score well in the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?