10th October 2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

What should I choose to study in Higher Secondary to become a Genetic Engineer/Cardiologist after completion of 10th GBSHSE?

I am studying in 10th GBSHSE Board and I want to continue with this Board for Higher Secondary. I want to become a Genetic Engineer or a Cardiologist. I am not able to decide. Please tell me what should I choose after my 10th in both cases?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
  2. Which is better among Diploma and Higher Secondary for 10th PSEB student?
  3. What is the scope of Science to study in Higher Secondary for 10th student?
  4. Is there any problem to crack GCET for ISC Board students? -- [New]
  5. Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?
  6. What should I study in Higher Secondary if expecting 80% to 85% in 10th Board exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I study in Higher Secondary to become a Lawyer if completed 10th RBSE?
  8. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  9. B.Sc or B.Tech, which is better to study Biotechnology to become Genetic Engineer? What should I study in PCB, PCM or PCMB in Higher Secondary?
  10. Which Board should I prefer among ISC and CBSE to study Higher Secondary Science if secured 75% in 10th ICSE?
  11. Is it possible to study Higher Secondary in Australia for 10th student?
  12. Possibility to study Marine after completion of 12th Accountancy? Does all colleges accepted NIOS certificate?
  13. Eligibility to appear in 10th GBSHSE Board exam for 14 years old candidate?
  14. What is the scope/outcome of Science in Higher Secondary other than Engineering and Medical? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and MP Board to study Higher Secondary?
  16. How can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in a Military School after completing 10th CBSE?
  17. What should I pursue in Higher Secondary to study BDS being a 10th student?
  18. Subjects combination to study in Higher Secondary Science for B.Tech(Electrical/Electronics Engineering) aspirant?
11th October 2016, 05:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I choose to study in Higher Secondary to become a Genetic Engineer/Cardiologist after completion of 10th GBSHSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 10th GBSHSE Board and I want to continue with this Board for Higher Secondary. I want to become a Genetic Engineer or a Cardiologist. I am not able to decide. Please tell me what should I choose after my 10th in both cases?

The aspirant should study Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in Higher Secondary to become a Genetic Engineer and Physics, Chemistry and Biology to become Cardiologist in future. You can study B.Tech Genetic Engineering after the 10+2 through an entrance examination. To become a Cardiologist first you have to study MBBS after Higher Secondary and then study the Cardiology course. The Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology are the subjects to choose in higher secondary after completion of 10th from GBSHSE.
11th October 2016, 07:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I choose to study in Higher Secondary to become a Genetic Engineer/Cardiologist after completion of 10th GBSHSE?

You can appear for JEE(Mains) after completion of your 12th from a recognized board and can get admission in Genetic Engineering course, not every B.Tech Institutes do provide the above mentioned course. In some prominent Institutes, you will have to appear for their own entrance tests and only after clearing the examination, you will be allowed to get admission in the Institute to pursue the course.
11th October 2016, 10:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become a Genetic Engineer after the completion of your higher secondary studies, you must opt for Science stream in class 11th after the completion of class 10th.
You must opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject in class 11th to do Engineering course.
To become A Cardiologist, you must opt Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class 11th as a subject.
11th October 2016, 11:25 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Genetic Engineering is different from Cardiology. Hence, in the near future, you might need to trade off between the two. Since you are interested in these fields, so you should opt for the below combination.

- Mathematics
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Biology
- English
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?