7th June 2011, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join NIT, Durgapur or any NIT? My state(WB) rank is 245 in AIEEE but I have failed in chemistry in HSE

i have failed in chemistry in hs but being sc what were my preferences ?? and i have ranked 245 in west bengal[state]
so can i join durgapur nit or any nit????

Related Questions:
  1. What rank should I secure in AIEEE for getting admission in NIT, Durgapur?
  2. Can I get admission in Durgapur NIT after scoring 75 marks in AIEEE? I belong to SC category
  3. Will I get a seat in NIT Durgapur after scoring 19867 rank in AIEEE? List of the engineering colleges in West Bengal?
  4. After scoring 52343 rank in AIEEE and 1547 state rank can I get in NIT Durgapur?
  5. Serialwise rank of SVNIT-Surat, NIT-Kurukshetra, NIT-Calicut, NIT-Durgapur and NIT-Rourkela?
  6. Can I get NIT Durgapur after scoring 10,000 rank in AIEEE(state rank)?
  7. Can I get admission in NIT Durgapur through my AIEEE rank? My AIEEE AIR in SC category is 33943,and State Rank(WB) is 1159
  8. Which campus of NIT is better according to the mentioned streams? -- [New]
  9. Can I get into NIT Durgapur after scoring 160/360?
  10. Can I get NIT Durgapur or NIT Warangal after scoring 30,308 rank in JEE mains
  11. Which college is better NIT Hamirpur or NIT Durgapur?
  12. What will be my rank after scoring 170 marks in AIEEE? Will I get any stream in NIT Durgapur?
  13. Any chance for Durgapur NIT after scoring 120//360 in AIEEE?
  14. Can I get admission in NIT Durgapur or jadavpur university through AIEEE rank? My AIEEE AIR is 126397, and State Rank(WB) is 7653
  15. Which stream would I get in NIT, Durgapur? My state(WB) rank is 799 in AIEEE and I belong to general category
  16. Can I get NIT Durgapur through AIEEE rank 223446(AIR) and 59(State rank)?
  17. Can I get admission in NIT Rourkela or NIT Durgapur after scoring 33% in AIEEE? Can I get Mechanical branch in any NITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to get admission in Durgapur NIT after scoring 30,000 rank?
25th March 2012, 09:06 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to join NIT, Durgapur or any NIT? My state(WB) rank is 245 in AIEEE but I have failed in chemistry in HSE

Hi

NIT's are the National Institutes of Technology. They are regarded as very good colleges for the technical education in India.

NIT's usually take students based on the AIEEE - All India Engineering Entrance Examination rankings. Its also an All India based examination for the students who have passed class 12th and now aspire to do engineering.

So the Basic Eligibility Criteria's to get into any NIT in India are :-

1. You should be a minimum 12th pass from a recognized school or state board in India.

2. You should have more than 60% aggregate in the 12th boards.

3. There should not be any compartment paper in any of the subjects of your 12th boards.

4. You have to get an appropriate ranking in the AIEEE to get any seat in any stream in any of the NIT's across India.

Now as you say that you have failed in your Chemistry paper in your Higher Secondary, I am really sorry to say that UNTIL you sit for the Chemistry paper again and clear it, you will not be allowed to join any NIT or any college anywhere in India.

First you have to clear the Chemistry paper and then only would your AIEEE rank be evaluated and would offer you any seat in any NIT across India.

As far as your rank is concerned, 245 in WB state rank is good enough. You may get a good seat, but provided you are all pass in your 12th boards.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?