3rd April 2017, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for an education loan of 15 lakh at HDFC Bank? Can my father get tax benefit under Sec 80 E of IT act?

Hello sir, I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering from Hyderabad and want to do M.Tech from Germany. Pleas tell me procedure to apply for an education loan of 15 lakh from HDFC Bank? Can my father get tax benefit under Sec 80 E of IT act?

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible to apply for an education loan at Government bank if my father's income is 4 lakh?
  3. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  4. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  5. How to apply for an education loan at HDFC bank? On what basis bank grants an education loan?
  6. Associated charges under HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme?
  7. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  8. Can my son get benefits of Education Loan if I have an NRI Account in HDFC Bank?
  9. How can I get an education loan of 1 lakh from a Government bank?
  10. How can I claim Tax Rebate against an Education Loan for my sister's education taken by my father?
  11. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  12. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  13. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  14. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  15. Can I apply for an Education Loan with a mortgaged property?
  16. Disbursement procedure of HDFC Bank Education Loan? Documents required for disbursement?
  17. Can I get Education Loan to study M.A.(Animation) in college which has tie-up with HDFC Bank?
  18. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan of Rs. 12 Lacs to study in Newzealand if my father doesn't have Income Tax file? -- [Most Discussed]
5th April 2017, 09:43 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to apply for an education loan of 15 lakh at HDFC Bank? Can my father get tax benefit under Sec 80 E of IT act?

Yes, you are eligible to get the education loan of rupees 15 lac from HDFC bank. To avail the loan you need to submit certain necessary documents like The applicant should be an Indian national.
The student should not have any outstanding loan amount from any other bank.
The candidate must have secured admission in the recognized University in India or abroad.
Parents should sign up as the Co-Applicant.
The candidate needs to submit photo copy of Address proof, Income proof, Income details, Educational documents. The maximum loan amount to avail for abroad study is rupees 20 lac. You are taking the loan of rupees 15 lac then a collateral security is also required. Yes your father can avail benefit under section 80(E) of Income Tax act. This section states that the person who is taking loan for foreign studies can avail the benefit as the interest paid on education loan is allowed as deduction from the total income under section 80 E.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?