13th January 2018, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join B.Tech in Computer Science after completion of Diploma?

I will be completing my Diploma in Electronics and Communication soon. Will I be eligible to do B.Tech in Computer Science after completion? Will I get direct admission into the 2nd year on the basis of Diploma? Can someone please answer me back soon?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Airhostess job after completion of diploma in computer science?
  3. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  4. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  5. B.Sc in Computer science after discontinued diploma?
  6. What should I do after completion of diploma in Computer Science for 3 years?
  7. Diploma in computer science being a very poor student?
  8. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
  9. Can I join IIT after completion of Diploma in Computer Science with 55% of marks?
  10. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I apply for NDA after completion of computer science diploma in 3 years? -- [New]
  12. Am I eligible to do courses in interior design after completion of diploma in computer science?
  13. Am I eligible to do MCA after completion of diploma in computer science?
  14. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  15. Which course is better for me after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  16. What should I do after diploma in computer science, if I am not good in math?
  17. Is this a good option to do diploma in Interior designing after B.Tech in computer Science? Details of the course?
  18. Eligibility to join B.Tech in Computer Science after completion of Diploma?
15th January 2018, 09:30 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join B.Tech in Computer Science after completion of Diploma?

Diploma candidates can directly apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to become eligible for admission in second year of Bachelor of Technology. LEET is entrance examination conducted by State Technical University for admission of candidates in second year of engineering.

Candidates who have secured minimum of 60% marks in diploma from a recognized institute can apply for this examination. You can choose stream and colleges in counselling process based upon your rank in LEET exam.
15th January 2018, 09:43 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join B.Tech in Computer Science after completion of Diploma?

The full form of LEET is Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Diploma candidates can apply for LEET to get admission in Bachelor of Technology. You can select stream in B.Tech according to your rank in LEET exam.

Eligibility criteria for LEET:

1. Diploma from a recognized institute.

2. Minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

Other than LEET, you can apply for admission in IITs through JEE.
15th January 2018, 10:28 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can get direct admission in second year of engineering on basis of Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility to apply for LEET exam:

Diploma holders with 60% marks or more are eligible to apply for LEET.

Any candidate having less than 60% marks can not apply for LEET exam.

Diploma in Electronics and Communication candidate can apply for Bachelor of Technology in computer science.
15th January 2018, 10:51 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The requirements for diploma candidate to join Bachelor of Technology:

Academic qualification: Diploma with minimum of 60% marks.

Examination for admission: Diploma students will have to qualify Lateral Entry Examination with good rank.

Your rank in LEET exam will decide whether you will get government college or private college or stream of your choice. It will give you opportunity to directly get admission in second year of engineering.
15th January 2018, 02:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The eligibility to join Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science after completion of Diploma is:

~~College from which you have done diploma must be a valid one. In diploma, your overall percentage of marks must not be less than 60%.

~~Then you can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is a state level examination for admission of diploma candidates directly in second year of engineering.

You can crack LEET with good rank to get direct admission in second year of engineering directly.
15th January 2018, 03:57 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to do B.Tech in Computer Science are:-

An individual who has cleared his 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized board or institutions like CBSE or state board or NIOS or its equivalent examination are eligible.

An individual can get this course through an entrance exam.

Some private colleges also prefer direct admission in the 2nd year of the course through lateral entry for diploma holder.

According to my knowledge, you can get admission in 2nd year directly through lateral entry but you have to write for lateral entry entrance test, conducted by educational bodies individually.
15th January 2018, 06:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Diploma in engineering to degree in engineering is possible. There are certain entrance examination conducted at state level and national level which gives diploma candidates chance to pursue Bachelor of Engineering.

Diploma candidates with 60% marks or more can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. LEET is conducted by State Technical University. You will get admission in direct second year of engineering being a diploma candidate.
15th January 2018, 06:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to join Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science after completion of Diploma is:

In diploma, you must have at least 60% marks. Candidates with less than 60% marks in diploma can not apply for Bachelor of Technology lateral entry entrance exam.

You will get direct admission in second year of engineering after diploma.
15th January 2018, 06:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech in Computer Science course.

The eligibility to appear in lateral entry test is that :-

Candidate must have passed diploma from a recognised institute.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60%.

Candidates are not eligible to change their stream. So, you cannot take admission in Computer science stream through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?