9th March 2018, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study B.Tech(Software Engineering) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?

Sir, I have complete Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science Engineering and want to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry. But I want to change my stream. I want to select Software Engineering branch in B.Tech. Is it possible for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech(ECE) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?
  2. Possibility to study B.Tech through lateral entry from IITs after Diploma engineering? What should I do?
  3. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E./B.Tech in IIT being a Medical Electronics Diploma student? Possibility to change stream into Computer Science Engineering?
  4. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in B.Tech at IIT for Diploma Engineer?
  5. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  6. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to take admission in government colleges in computer science and engineering through lateral entry? I have completed diploma engineering in computer science and technology
  8. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  9. Possibility to study B.E from Anna university through lateral entry scheme after completing 2nd year of Diploma?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for lateral entry scheme into B.Tech Computer Sceince?
  11. What are the requirements for B.E computer science lateral entry?
  12. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  13. What to do next after completion of ITI trade from a government institute?
  14. Can I get lateral entry in B.Tech 2nd year after completing Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering?
  15. Private jobs after completing diploma in Electrical engineering. Can I do B.Tech through lateral entry scheme?
  16. What should I do after diploma in computer science, if I am not good in math?
  17. Can I directly join MBA after completing Diploma in Computer Science? Is there any 3 years CS course where I can get lateral entry?
  18. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
15th April 2018, 02:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech(Software Engineering) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?

Yes, it is possible to study B.Tech (Software Engineering) course through lateral entry after completion of your Diploma in Computer Science Engineering course. Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering course are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. You have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education. By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank to get admission in second year of B.Tech (Software Engineering) course.
17th April 2018, 01:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study B.Tech(Software Engineering) through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have complete Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science Engineering and want to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry. But I want to change my stream. I want to select Software Engineering branch in B.Tech. Is it possible for me?

Possibility to study BTech Computer Science & Engineering through lateral entry for Diploma Computer Science holder is high. Candidates after completion of Diploma in Computer Science can study BTech through lateral entry mode. They have to appear for a lateral entry entrance examination for the admission. Selected candidates are admitted directly to the second year of the four year BTech course. The BTech Computer Science (lateral entry) course is available in various engineering colleges in India.
18th April 2018, 08:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech is offered in CSE or IT stream, if you want to become an Software engineer. Diploma in computer science engineering is definitely valid for lateral entry admission in B.Tech CSE or IT course.

Hence, just make sure you are well prepared for the exam without worrying about your qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?