23rd November 2019, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Navy at Officer post after completing 12th Board exams?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams and wanted to join Indian Navy at Officer post or Indian Army as a Soldier. Can I join any of these? If yes, then how can I apply?

25th November 2019, 08:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Navy at Officer post after completing 12th Board exams?

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Navy or Indian Army as an commissioned officer after completion of your Class 12th but for that you need to qualify NDA (National Defense Academy) examination.

Also, for appearing in the NDA examination, you need to hold following qualifications :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. But, to join Indian Navy, you must have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For details and updates regarding NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding various career opportunities in Indian Navy and Indian Army, you can refer to the links www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?