13th March 2023, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

I have got overall 6 Bands in IELTS with no less than 5.5. Canada visa can I apply?

I have got overall 6 Bands in IELTS with no less than 5.5. After 12th commerce and I have got 55% in 12th and I want to apply for Canada visa can I apply.

13th March 2023, 03:39 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: I have got overall 6 Bands in IELTS with no less than 5.5. Canada visa can I apply?

The eligibility criteria are that Candidates must score at least 5.5 bands in each of the four IELTS skill categories and a total of at least 6.0 in order to enroll in undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Canada.

So, if you meet the requirements mentioned above, you are qualified.
13th March 2023, 05:08 PM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: I have got overall 6 Bands in IELTS with no less than 5.5. Canada visa can I apply?

To apply for a Canadian student visa, you need to meet several eligibility requirements. One of the most crucial requirements is that you must have been accepted by a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada. A DLI is a school that has been authorized by the Canadian government to host international students.

In addition to being accepted by a DLI, you need to meet certain academic and language proficiency requirements. The minimum academic requirement for most Canadian universities is a high school diploma or an equivalent qualification. In your case, you have completed your 12th commerce with 55% which meets the minimum requirement for admission to a Canadian university.

Regarding the language proficiency requirement, you have scored an overall 6 bands in IELTS with no less than 5.5, which is the minimum requirement for most Canadian universities. However, some universities may have higher language proficiency requirements, so it's essential to check the specific requirements of the universities you are interested in applying to.

Once you have been accepted by a DLI and have met the academic and language proficiency requirements, you can apply for a student visa. To apply for a student visa, you need to provide several documents, including proof of acceptance by a DLI, proof of financial support, a valid passport, and a study plan.

It's important to note that the Canadian student visa application process can be quite lengthy, so it's advisable to start the process as early as possible. Additionally, there are several other factors that may affect your chances of getting a student visa, such as your previous immigration history, criminal history, and medical history.

In summary, with your 6 bands in IELTS and 55% in 12th commerce, you may be eligible to apply for a student visa to Canada, provided that you meet the other eligibility requirements and are accepted by a DLI. I recommend researching the specific requirements of the universities you are interested in applying to and seeking guidance from an education consultant to ensure that you have the best chance of success in your application.
13th March 2023, 05:52 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for visa to study in Canada. The minimum scores required to apply for canadian visa is 6 or 7.
14th March 2023, 03:27 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to enroll in undergraduate and graduate courses in Canada, you*must receive a score of at least 5.5 in each of the four IELTS skill areas and a total of at least 6.0 bands.

Hence, if you satisfy the criteria listed above, you are eligible for a Canada visa.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?