12th July 2011, 09:31 PM
ragasudha ranadev

Is not being good in spoken English a problem for being selected in IAS? How may I improve my communication skills?

i want to become an IAS officer. but i am not very good in english. i studied in tamil meadium in my village. now only i learn little bit. now i can able to write and read in english. But i am not able to speak properly in english. that is my problem. so i get fear with this. is this will affect my aim in anyway?

22nd February 2012, 10:51 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is not being good in spoken English a problem for being selected in IAS? How may I improve my communication skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasudha ranadev View Post
i want to become an IAS officer. but i am not very good in english. i studied in tamil meadium in my village. now only i learn little bit. now i can able to write and read in english. But i am not able to speak properly in english. that is my problem. so i get fear with this. is this will affect my aim in anyway?
Indian Administrative Service Officers do hold one of the highest ranked post in Government Administration in India. Since you are willing to become one, in itself is a competitive journey. There are thousand of aspirants who are willing to give it a go.
It is not mandatory for an IAS aspirants to be fluent in English, however having good command in it will help you in great deal. Since, it is a highly ranked post, you may have to interact with people who are qualified at the same level. You may have to counter during the interview round as well.
To start with, you have to get rid of the fear factor. If you are willing to learn a particular language you have to ignore your fear and fell of embarrassment.
Initially start conversation with those people with whom you are comfortable with. But be sure that those people have a good command over the language.
You can also enroll to some institutes which offers basic communication in English which will help you to learn in more appropriate manner.
As you have mentioned that with hard and sincere work you are able to write in English, the same goes with, while you try to speak.
23rd June 2012, 08:56 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is not being good in spoken English a problem for being selected in IAS? How may I improve my communication skills?

hello friend..!!
(a) to improve your English,you should speak in English with your friends in college and with your parents at home.

(b) should just be confident that you can speak english.

(c)you are professinal;you knows english but there is a need to polish that;so that you speak english with good fluency.

(d)don't afraid from others and don't be shy.

(e)be confident and feel that you can speak English.

(f)you should watch English movies and read English novels.this helps you a lot to speak English with good voice,tone,sound and pitch.

all the best!!
6th July 2012, 12:21 AM
arpitbanaudha

dear friend,
IAS writen exam avilable in hindi for hindi medium student and government decided student can also giving interview in your own language so don't worry you can crark IAS exam.
all the best
5th October 2012, 08:37 PM
mindskills

Try the new web enabled course, WriteEasy on improving written English on www.solutolearning.com
Also see an interesting video glog on Written English at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1KxivjSiJ8&feature=relmfu
3rd June 2015, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

I can speak English better but I want to improve it more. So tell me some spoken english books for improve
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?