20th July 2011, 05:56 PM
venu4c4

Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

please tell me the standard refference booksfor gate exam.i didn't take any coatching at any where.please help me to prepare the gate exam by reading my self.
please tell the site in those books are availlable for download with anyout any charges.
i thankfull to you.

20th July 2011, 07:44 PM
sairam sidhartha

Default Re: Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

which branch you are without knowing branch how we can help you
20th July 2011, 07:54 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

There is only one acknowledged exam for doing m.tech is GATE EXAM which make you to enter into top universities like IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more top other university ..with M.tech they also give you scholarship so that you will be financially strong....try to get 90% above in GATE.

some books are
Author =RK Kanodia of Shakthi publications

and here's a link to get all your doubt clear and even you papers too.

http://www.gateforum.com/gate_papers.php

and also you can check papers click here click here

There is no short cut for success.Try to solve as much as question you can practice a day and try to increase the question in next day.Try to understand fully the question you solved that mean go as much deep you can go.In exam try to put those answers only in which you are sure as negative marking for wrong answer decrease a individual marks a lot.Be calm and cool in examination hall.
20th July 2011, 08:01 PM
rana2011
Banned

My friend please open [http://www.gateforum.com/gate_papers.php] and where you will get every of your refarence books for GATE exam.

Thank you,
20th July 2011, 08:24 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

There a main referance book for the GATE EXAM,as a GENIUS PUBLISUR.
N. K. is also a good book for the GATE EXAM.

you also prefer the R. S. AGGRAWAL for the quantitude apptitude.

so, these books are useful and helpful in GATE EXAM.

20th July 2011, 11:01 PM
angeleye

Hello,
There are many good books to be followed for the GATE exam. As you know GATE exam is conducted by IIT, so GATE is one of the toughest exam in India.
For cracking the GATE exam you must have to work hard. You have to follow a regular schedule for your studies.
It will be better to follow your text books which you have studied in B.Tech instead of referring other books.
You can solve the previous years paper to get the idea of the pattern of the paper. I suggest you to prepare yourself, as because the self studies is the best scheme for cracking the GATE.
However, you can follow the books as GK Publication, Arihant Publication, Genius publication, Carron's etc.
20th July 2011, 11:09 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

See you have not mentioned your stream...because for GATE, books are available topic wise.

You will not get a book which covers the whole subject except the GATE Solved Paper of your desirable stream.

To cover the whole topic of the exam, you have to read books of various authors on various topics.

You will get the list of best books of your subject here!

It is advisable that you take a coaching for GATE to crack it in first attempt.

But if you don't want to take any, then you have to work very very hard for that.

You should have a very strong base of the subject...a clear idea of all topics...study for atleast 18 hours a day for the exam. And be confident.

Take online study materials for getting the pattern, follow previous years solved papers...
You will get them here!

Follow the standard books...don't try to read those books which is not popular for GATE.

Prepare notes chapter wise...while studying, don't leave any doubt, clear your doubts anyhow!

These are some tips for self study....the rest is up to you.

Be confident and dedicated!
20th July 2011, 11:16 PM
vivekdas.raja

Smile Re: Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venu4c4 View Post
please tell me the standard refference booksfor gate exam.i didn't take any coatching at any where.please help me to prepare the gate exam by reading my self.
please tell the site in those books are availlable for download with anyout any charges.
i thankfull to you.
hello,
to crack GATE you can good books name and you can buy it online for this website........(http://www.flipkart.com/)......................
23rd July 2011, 06:03 PM
venu4c4

iam sorry for that iam from ECE branch.i dont want materials i want the list of standard booksand author names.i hv some of them but its better to me when i get the instructions from you.
10th August 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

is theres any perticular syllabs of gate which is the most important..?
13th August 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

i want to quilify gate please suggest me path to crack it from iit college(electrical)
16th August 2011, 01:24 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
i thankfull to you.
Friend Gate exam checks what you have learnt in your 3 years of b.tech life my suggestion is go through your class notes and then look for the past year question paper....or else g.k. publication book is best.On net you can find past years question paper but better is to buy those with solutions..
regards,
sharad
15th September 2011, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairam sidhartha View Post
which branch you are without knowing branch how we can help you
mechanical
17th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

Quote:
i thankfull to you.
good keep the tempoo
24th November 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

BHARAT NDD

sir i am studying 3rd year b.tech in electrical and electronics engineering.please suggest me the gate syllabus and the topics which are most important in my stream,also give your valuable suggestions to crack GATE 2012
9th January 2012, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

how can i crack get without any coaching institute shom me the path and suggest me also some material for get preperation?
10th January 2012, 12:46 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Standard Reference books for GATE Exam? How to prepare for GATE Exam on my own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i crack get without any coaching institute shom me the path and suggest me also some material for get preperation?
Dear Aspirant

GATE is one of the toughest exam in India. It is not necessary for you to join coaching
to crack this exam. You can also crack this exam by self study & hard work. by Hard work and
strong determination anything becomes possible.

So do not think anyway that without coaching you can not clear GATE.

~ So friend before start your preparation develop confidence in yourself & try to remove your fear for GATE slowly.
Approach to your engineering books, notes & study materials. All these help you lot to recover easily.

Now start you study with full interest & Schedule your Preparation. Always concentrate on those subject from
which more no. would be asked. Find out your weak point & try to be strong there by hard work & consistency.
~ Remember Gate is the exam that check your Fundamental knowledge. So take care of it means clear your basic
fundamentals in all subjects that's the only way to get good score & qualify in GATE exam.

Best Books to Prepare for GATE exam
{try to purchase these books}

Previous Year solved model question Papers

• To get all last year solved papers, material & for topic wise analysis of these previous
test paper Click Here

Quote:
work hard honestly & you will be selected surely

Good Luck!!!

with Regards
4G Solutions
6th June 2012, 01:00 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

hello friend

your interest towards gate is really appreciable

some tips to follow for success in gate are as follows

-> be clear on the syllabus and pattern of the paper

->know what all syllabus is there for the exam

->make all syllabus in to equal parts

->plan accordingly to your time and make a successful plan

->these few days keep away from your friends because every second of yours is very important

->say no to movies cellphone chatting and so on

->make healthy group discussions and combined preparation with intelligent friends regarding the GATE topics

->keep concentrated through out your preparation

for this do meditation every day

follow all the tips till the exam you can definitely succeed in your exam

all the best

5th August 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Firstly, the name of the exam-GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Then open GATE website, check syllabus of your branch. Read those topics and understand completely from your reference books of engineering college course. Practice and Solve maximum related problems. Buy a GATE book by GK publisher, Made easy, or any other good book for practice and reference. Solve all Gate Papers of previous years. For extra practice solve Gate test papers of some coaching classes. All the best!
18th August 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech 3rd year ECE..........i want the syllabus for GATE-14-15 and reference books for GATE........nd i am intrested in doing GOVT job so pls....... tell what books
i refer for that.................
29th June 2013, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m 2nd year B.Tech student. i have a keen intrest in completing gate.. i just wanna to know that how much time i should contribute to the gate preparation from 2nd year only ,since i have to take care of my semester results also.....
29th June 2013, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m a 2nd year .tech student. I have a keen interest in completing GATE.. I just wanna to know that how much time i should contribute to the gate preparation ,since i have to take care of my semester results....
6th July 2013, 01:18 PM
harishbanu

You don't need any reference books for gate exam. You can prepare it by your own. That is please try to follow your academic subjects properly.Prepare notes on those topics for short cuts and formula's .This we help you to solve previous years gate papers if you solved all of them then you can easily get good marks in gate exams.
Please don't practice the problems ,solve the problems of gate.If you practice them,then there is of no use.
If you are unable to solve then take help of your lecturers and ask some tips to solve them.
This things are enough to get good marks in gate exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?