6th August 2011, 11:46 PM
milind3889

Should i search for a job now and get experience or wait for next GATE exam if I fail to get through GATE?

I have completed computer engg (first class). I want to make carrier in IT. I dont have gate score.
What should i do..
1) search for job to get experience or
2) wait for next gate...

13th August 2011, 02:01 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should i search for a job now and get experience or wait for next GATE exam if I fail to get through GATE?

It is better that you search for a job and then wait and attend for the next GATE examination.I think it would be a better option rather than just preparing for GATE examination.Doing both the tasks simultaneously together would be better.If your in a job of your field then definitely you will gain practical knowledge regarding your subject.

Search for a job first, later you can prepare for GATE examination by going through old question papers and standard test books but before that you should be aware about your syllabus.Please go through the following website for details.If you are not able to secure a job from your sector then try out for part time jobs in the mornings and go through coaching classes in the evenings from Institutes like TIME, GATE Forum,Ace,.etc based on your interest.

Going through coaching centers will really help you out in the GATE examination because you will go through many mock tests and you even get through the GATE materials which will be really helpful.
13th August 2011, 02:14 PM
ishanoo_dxanoo

Default Re: Should i search for a job now and get experience or wait for next GATE exam if I fail to get through GATE?

study hard for next gate ,i u search for job now then you loose interest in gate or may be dont get enough time to study for next gate exam so study hard and choose one path with determined mind.
13th August 2011, 02:24 PM
ishanoo_dxanoo

Smile Re: Should i search for a job now and get experience or wait for next GATE exam if I fail to get through GATE?

i prefer u that u should go for GATE study instead of finding job.
i u leave study now ,then in job u can't get enough time to study,once u choose the path of job Ur mind set to job only then.don't look others that Ur friends start earning and u still struggling .once u clear the GATE Ur future will also get secure with more opportunities of job.so don't loose heart and study hard.
13th August 2011, 02:56 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well to prepare for the GATE exam you do not have to study much you only need to revise those things which you have studied .So i would suggest you to get a job and side by side you can join coaching center where you can study for the GATE exam and at home you can prepare for the exam.

Students takes GATE exam to get admission in the Mtech program and their last aim is to get a job .So if you will get a job now you can also do Mtech through the part time program or through the correspondence .If you will get a job then you can pay for your tuition fees and your all expenses .

GATE coaching center study students in a weekends so you can join any GATE coaching center to prepare for the exam as you only have to go 2 days .So do not worry you job will not cause you problem to a get a good job if you are sincere towards your studies.So you should better search for jobs and then later you can do Mtech .

You can also do Mtech after as many year as you want as there is no eligibility criteria.So take your time prepare well for exam and take exams as many times as you can till you get admission in good college.There is no limit of taking the exams so use the advantage of it .
13th August 2011, 03:31 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after complete your degree engineering then you have better opportunity
for you to find a job in software field.
but you required to do some course related to software industry.
course like:-
if you built your career in programing line then you do strong in programing line
like:-
C
C++
java
.NET

etc.

but if you go other line like:-
Software testing
Software security
etc.

So first you search job then you go for prepare for next GATE exam.......

Good Luck..........
13th August 2011, 04:02 PM
Sehwag6

you are interested in it field means you go for jobs

after that next year you write gate exam for m.tech studies

you don't waste your time unnecessary

your interest is important

all the best
12th September 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

working professional in Govt Organisation with 10 years service,shall i go for M.tech now ?
22nd September 2011, 04:47 PM
hrushi614

Quote:
Originally Posted by milind3889 View Post
I have completed computer engg (first class). I want to make carrier in IT. I dont have gate score.
What should i do..
1) search for job to get experience or
2) wait for next gate...

hi friend,

GATE is a good exam all over india, if you get good rank you will get good colleges in india.

Gate exam will be in february, so upto december you search for jobs.

If you got any job means it will be nice, If you did not get job means you study for gate exam.

You go for any coaching center for gate exam and try it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?