8th August 2011, 08:36 PM
RUMKI DATTA

How will I get a job in any college in Delhi(NCR) if I qualify in NET? How could I sit for Ph.D entrance exam of Sociology at DU and IGNOU?

Sub : - Ph.D entrance & getting a govt job in Delhi.
-------------------------------------------

1. if i qualify in net,how could i get a job at any college situated in Delhi(NCR)?
2. How could i sit for Ph.d entrance exam for sociology, at Delhi Unidersity and IGNOU?

31st October 2016, 11:28 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How will I get a job in any college in Delhi(NCR) if I qualify in NET? How could I sit for Ph.D entrance exam of Sociology at DU and IGNOU?

Since, you have mentioned the word "if", I am not sure, whether you have already qualified NET or not. If you have already qualified, then you will have to monitor the daily newspapers closely. If you could see that few colleges have advertised vacancies for lecturers or assistant professors in the colleges in or around Delhi(NCR), then you will have to apply via their email or postal address. After they call you, you will have to clear the interview, to get selected as the lecturer. Since the openings for assistant professor or lecturer is not very well right now, I would suggest you to look for Ph.D courses, rather than this job. Also these instead of a permanent position most colleges are offering contractual positions, that has low salary and the fear of getting sacked at the end of the contract period.
Ph.D forms from distance universities like IGNOU or DU are available almost round the year. But you can apply only at the time when their session opens. There are generally two sessions, one in the month of March and the other in the month of September. You will have to logon to their official websites, which arewww.ignou.ac.in for IGNOU and http://du.ac.in for Delhi University. Download the brochures and application forms from there and apply just before their session opens.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?