25th August 2011, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having secured an aggregate of 67% in PCM but 59% in Maths?

I have 59% in math but overall percentage in pcm is 67.can i eligible for iitjee.

25th August 2011, 11:50 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having secured an aggregate of 67% in PCM but 59% in Maths?

Dear Friend

To be eligible for IIT-JEE one should have at least 60% marks in the

12th board (or equivalent). Whatever marks you have got in

Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics on in Physics+Chemistry+Mathematics; you will be

be eligible for the exam only if you score at least 60% marks

(all subjects taken together i.e., PCM and other subject like English and/or Hindi and/or

Computer; Marks of all those subjects will be considered which your board considers to

publish your final result in 12th) in 12th as produced by your board.
26th August 2011, 12:12 AM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having secured an aggregate of 67% in PCM but 59% in Maths?

To be eligible for IIT-JEE one should have at least 60% marks in the 12th board (or equivalent). Whatever marks you have got in Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics on in Physics+Chemistry+Mathematics;

You will be be eligible for the exam only if you score at least 60% marks

(all subjects taken together i.e., PCM and other subject like English and/or Hindi and/or Computer; Marks of all those subjects will be considered which your board considers to publish your final result in 12th) in 12th as produced by your board.

Thanks!!
26th August 2011, 03:20 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE exam are as follows:-
1.One must have complete the 12th having maths , physics and chemistry as a optional subjects from a recognized central/state board..
2.One should have all over 60% marks in 12th..
3.One can appear in IIT-JEE exam in two consecutive years..

these are the criteria you have to fulfill.. As you have all over more than 60% marks in 12th then you are eligible..
So, work hard, prepare yourself for the exam..

All the best..
29th August 2011, 11:42 AM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JEE having secured an aggregate of 67% in PCM but 59% in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have 59% in math but overall percentage in pcm is 67.can i eligible for iitjee.
Eligibility Conditions For IIT-JEE

You are indeed ELigible For For Attempting JEE This Year Provided:

► Your Date Of Birth Falls On or After October 1st 1987 (If you are in general Category).

► You have Passed the Qualifying Examination (10+2) on or After October 1st 2010.

► In Case you Have Failed to Pass your 10+2 earlier, and These are your Second Attempt Marks, Then, JEE Considers the Year Of your Passing the QE as the Previous year Wherein you First Gave your QE in the First Attempt(Irrespective OF Pass or Fail).

► Its The Total Percentage Of Your Marks that JEE Considers Not the Individual Ones. So a Min of 60% in your QE is a Must and so Having Said that, You don't Have to Worry

► JEE Gives you Only Two Oppurtunities to Take The Examination And that too in "Two Consecutive Years".
You Can Apply Online Or Offline According to your Wish.

How to Apply Online?

Here's the Officail Link which shall Get Activated once the Admission Procedure Starts Afresh in the Coming Months:

http://jee.iitm.ac.in/online2012/ (Inactive Presently)

Regards,

Nik
31st October 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

hello,i have passed my 12class in 2011 with overall around 58% and i fill the improvement form of one subject and i definitely scored more than 60% around in 12class in 2012 by my improvement exam?so please tell m i eligible for iit jee 2012?
16th November 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th board from cbse in 2011 and scored 57% in aggregate .i am giving improvement of PCM in 2012. Am i eligeble to give iit jee in 2012.if yes,which year should i fill up in application form in the section asked about year of passing 12 board exam.
23rd June 2012, 05:44 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hello friend...!!

1.The candidate should must have complete 12th class with non-medical subjects(with PCM) i.e.physics,chemistry and mathematics .

2.he/she should have at least 60% marks in 12th class to appear in the IIT-JEE entrance exam.

all the best...navjot
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?