5th September 2011, 02:43 PM
lalit thakur

Which are the locations in HP to make a career as a drawing teacher?

Recentely i have done my 10+2 & i want to make my career as a drawing teacher. so kindly guide me & provide me various locations in himachal pradesh or near by of this course.

4th May 2012, 01:42 PM
edr_fdr

Default Re: Which are the locations in HP to make a career as a drawing teacher?

Job Outlook
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) doesn't provide job outlook information for art teachers specifically; however, the bureau does report that from 2008-18, job opportunities for teachers in general will be good to excellent, depending on the grade level, locality and subject taught (www.bls.gov). For example, job openings for elementary teachers will grow by 16% throughout the decade, while openings for secondary school teachers should rise by 9%. Postsecondary teachers, who teach students above the high school level, should see a 15% job growth. Most job openings will result from replacing teachers who will retire throughout the decade.

Due to the shortage of teachers in some locations, such as inner cities and rural areas, many states have policies in place to encourage individuals to enter the teaching profession. In turn, job opportunities in those areas will be best for teachers who are entering the profession or willing to relocate.
4th May 2012, 01:43 PM
rati23dec

Default Re: Which are the locations in HP to make a career as a drawing teacher?

Salary Information
Information collected by the BLS shows that where an art teacher works and the grade level that he or she teaches can greatly influence his or her salary. For example, in 2010 art teachers at the postsecondary level earned a median annual wage of $62,040; however, art teachers working for junior colleges earned annual mean wages of $72,990, while those teaching at technical and trade schools received $51,500 annually. Similarly, postsecondary art teachers working in New York averaged $99,630 per year, while those in New Jersey earned $78,340 annually.

Career Profile
The National Art Education Association (NAEA) says art signifies three things that everyone needs and wants - language, work and values (www.arteducators.org). The NAEA states that art education arouses language about visual images and offers us the space to express ourselves. Art education entails teaching students how to express their feelings and thoughts about their world. Art teachers guide their students to develop their visual communication skills by producing various art forms.

Art teachers nurture students' artistic skills at the elementary, middle, high school and postsecondary levels. While doing so, they primarily work in public and private schools. They can also teach in adult art education programs and work in art museums as education coordinators.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?