2nd December 2011, 03:06 PM
P.Neelima Reddi

Required qualification and syllabus to appear for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

sir this is neelima i want to prepare for civils i am studying btech chemical engineering now what are the qualifications to write the exam what about the syllabus what is the time after completing exam

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it right time for me to start preparation for Civils being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course?
  3. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  4. How may I get details about civil exams? I'm pursuing B.Tech
  5. What are the qualifications that are required for CIVILS and the strategies to prepare for the exam?
  6. Which subjects should I choose for Civils pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  7. How should I prepare for civils? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year in electrical and electronics engineering
  8. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?
  9. Procedure to appear for Civil's? Qualifications necessary for the exam and the books to be referred?
  10. What is the basic qualification required for Chemical engineering course? What is the procedure for admission in IIT?
  11. Required Qualification to appear for Civil Services Exam?
  12. How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?
  13. Procedure to apply for Mini Project in DRDO being a candidate of pursuing BE in Chemical Engineering?
  14. List of Chemical related companies in Karnataka to do Summer Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  15. Steps to be taken for preparing civil services exams after completion of btech
  16. What is the procedure to do internship in BHEL Haridwar
  17. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BDS?
  18. Can I study M.Tech in Biotechnology in GITAM University if pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering? -- [New]
2nd December 2011, 08:42 PM
hannah 16

Default Re: Required qualification and syllabus to appear for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

hi neelima
A student must complete graduation in any stream for qualifying civil exam.Civil exam has divided into two parts-preliminary exam which has objective type questions related with general studies and your optional subject.
After clearing this you will appear for main exam which contains essay type questions in different subject which you choose.
for civil exam you have minimum 21years-maximum 25years of age
2nd December 2011, 08:51 PM
surekha_katreddy

Default Re: Required qualification and syllabus to appear for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

The Indian Civil Service serves as the backbone of India and carries great respect and responsibilities.

ELIBILLITY FOR IAS:

Minimum academic qualifications prescribed:- A degree from a recognised university or equivalent

Age Limits:- 21-30 years as on 1.8.2012

Remarks:- Candidates appearing at the degree examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions.

for more details visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Hope this helps you
3rd December 2011, 01:12 AM
DRDKS

Thumbs up Re: Required qualification and syllabus to appear for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

you are eligible to appear for civil service exam...

REQUIRED QUALIFICATION:
atleast one degree
degree should be obtained from recognised university..

all the best
3rd December 2011, 10:05 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

civil service exam

Minimum education criteria = Graduate
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.

This time UPSC pattern is changed and it is called as CSAT which is coming into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.and so there is no option subjects...

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

(Paper 1) (200 marks) consists of
  • Current events.
  • History
  • Geography
  • Indian Polity and governance
  • Economic and social development
  • and General science.

It is of purely objective type and qualifying exam...

(Paper II) (200 marks)
  • Comprehension
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy(Class X level)
  • English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

It is of purely subjective type and followed by interview....
Based on the overall ranking and your choice of cadre, you will be provided IFS (Indian Foreign Service), IAS or IPS. The higher your rank, the choice is with you.

In case you have not not got a good rank and got into IFS, IAS or IPS, you may still become a Group A or B officer in the Central Govt.
17th January 2012, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to complete degree in one sitting at one time without doing it as regular degree or open degree. am i eligibile for the ias exams. please send me the suggestion to my email address [email protected]. thank you somuch if u can send it to my number 7207387475
19th January 2012, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Is a bcom student eligible for civils exam? What are the subjects related?
13th February 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am studing btech 2nd(ece) yr which topics are related to my subject
27th March 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

SIR , i completed b.tech in computer science and engineering branch and i have doubt that whether this branch students of engineering are eligible for IAS exam because
i have a doubt regarding whether computer science students are eligible or not?
please let me know your answer sir
28th April 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, what is the full eorm of IAS, IPS?
17th July 2013, 05:41 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

following are the eligibility criteria for appearing for IAS entrance exam

You need to be citizen of India
you should be graduate
You should have done your graduation from recognized college or institute
you age should be 21-30
Relaxation of 5 year for SC/ST and 3 year for OBC

Thus, it only requires you to have graduation from any field.

IAS exams is a three stage exam . Each stage is eliminating round.

- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Interview

It is very much advisable to join any good coaching classes to assist your preparation.

All the best
25th September 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

is there any minimum percentage in graduation specified to apply the exam
i had 86.66% in ssc & 91.2% in intermediate but only 56.3% in degree b.com and it s a distance degree can i apply for it, or is there any restictions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?