13th November 2010, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for RAS Exam?

sir/i m pursuing b.tech from electronics and communication branch
and m in 3rd year.i want to preparing for RAS entrance exam.plz tel ME how should i start preparation?which sub. should chosen for ras.

16th November 2010, 03:07 PM
rayman

Default Re: How to prepare for RAS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir/i m pursuing b.tech from electronics and communication branch
and m in 3rd year.i want to preparing for RAS entrance exam.plz tel ME how should i start preparation?which sub. should chosen for ras.
For RAS preparation you need to know about the pattern of examination and selection procedure. There are 3 stages- first is the preliminary exam,second is mains exams and the third is interview.
For Preliminary exam- There are 2 papers- General Studies and the Optional paper which you have to choose as per your own interest. I suggest you to go for your B.Tech subjects only if you have command over it. In the other case i would suggest to go for Public administration or geography or sociology. All these subjects are easy to understand and they are very much helpful for mains exams preparation. You can have the material from coaching institutes or you may also join any institute in delhi if possible or at your place if there is any. For G.S preparation i would suggest to read The Hindu newspaper,any monthly magazine Civil services chronicle or Pratiyogita darpan, India year book which you have to read for mains exam also. Apart from current affairs you also have to cover Indian polity,Indian economics,geography Indian history, science and technology and mental ability. And there would be questions regarding the state.

For mains- unlike preliminary exam this is subjective paper. you have to choose 2 optional papers along with G.S. I would suggest to keep Public administration as one of your optional as it has practical application also. The second optional you can choose as per your interest. For G.S preparation you have to do thorough study.. polity,history,economics ,geography,science and technology,statistics. For current affairs you have to cover national news,social issues.international news and india's bilateral relation with other countries. There are 2 more papers- hindi and english. Mark that you get in these 2 papers will be also be added along with other paper's marks. The priliminary marks will not be added with the mains exams marks.

For Interview- After you clear mains you just have to brush up your optionals n go through paper daily n try to make up your own opinion on major issues. You should have complete knowledge about your state.

That's all about it. Wish you good luck for the preparation.
25th November 2010, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

is maths also there in ras mains gs exam
27th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Daer sir,

i want to take history as optional subject in pre. & further law & history in mains.i have done l.l.b.also. i want your opinion over this combination.i m in karnal
(hr) working in a private co. i have idle time in night only,& i cant get coaching here for RAS.SO how should i prepare for R.A.S. Pre.major difficult part i found is G.K. & G.S.Plz guide me that i should collect notes for these papers or should go through books(rajasthan aajtak etc. & others).i found you very supportive to people.i request your guidence.plz keep mailing me if you may on my mail id as under [email protected]

thanks & regards
ms khan
mob.-09671245500
5th March 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

are there any essay questions to do on the RAS exam?
10th March 2011, 08:13 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to prepare for RAS Exam
There are 3 stages- first is the preliminary exam,second is mains exams and the third is interview.
For Preliminary exam- There are 2 papers- General Studies and the Optional paper which you have to choose as per your own interest. I suggest you to go for your B.Tech subjects only if you have command over it. In the other case i would suggest to go for Public administration or geography or sociology. All these subjects are easy to understand and they are very much helpful for mains exams preparation. You can have the material from coaching institutes or you may also join any institute in delhi if possible or at your place if there is any. For G.S preparation i would suggest to read The Hindu newspaper,any monthly magazine Civil services chronicle or Pratiyogita darpan, India year book which you have to read for mains exam also. Apart from current affairs you also have to cover Indian polity,Indian economics,geography Indian history, science and technology and mental ability. And there would be questions regarding the state.
For mains- unlike preliminary exam this is subjective paper. you have to choose 2 optional papers along with G.S. I would suggest to keep Public administration as one of your optional as it has practical application also. The second optional you can choose as per your interest. For G.S preparation you have to do thorough study.. polity,history,economics ,geography,science and technology,statistics. For current affairs you have to cover national news,social issues.international news and india's bilateral relation with other countries. There are 2 more papers- hindi and english. Mark that you get in these 2 papers will be also be added along with other paper's marks. The priliminary marks will not be added with the mains exams marks.
For Interview- After you clear mains you just have to brush up your optionals n go through paper daily n try to make up your own opinion on major issues. You should have complete knowledge about your state.

good luck
1st April 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi Folks, I just went thru entire Offcial website of RPSC, eventually I dint find anything pertinent bout RAS Exam neither schedule of the exam.
I was just wondering, If any one cud help me out.

~Ashutosh
28th April 2011, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to join an Institute for RAS exams. Can one not do self study for preparation which will also be beneficial for a candidate for economic and timings point of view.

Rajesh Kumar
Jaipur
4th May 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i want to prepare for ras on self basis,so i need ur help....i have completed my graduation in b.com n i want to know further which subjects to b taken for r.a.s preparations.....n also i want to know about the dates/months in which exam is conducted.....
so plzz sir it's a kind request to u to help me out for my preparation....plz sir if possible send me the information on my [email protected]....
thank you sir.....
6th May 2011, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

i m pursuing BA LLB from National Law University. i want to know the syllabus and how to choose optional papers as being a law student for this very purpose...... please help me out........ actually i don't know how does select the optional papers ....if i got 2 papers then what will be syllabus or portion of studies for a law student......
so plz. tell me as i being a law student.... aware me about optional papers and syllabus for optional papers...... ..if anyone could help me plz plz this is my email id send me as above mention [email protected] & this is my mobile no. 08987038788.....09413927536...... name NORATAN SANKHLA....
16th May 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

I have completed B.tech. this in 2010 .I want to give R.A.S. exam but my General Knowledge is poor .Moreover R.A.S. is not conducted every year.The exam takes place in 2 or 3 years. I can't decide whether I should prepare for R.A.S. or not as I know that I will not get selected in the very first attempt due to my poor general knowledged.Please guide me.I am undecided over this matter.
3rd June 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I hav complete msc in zoology.tel me which subject should taken for RAS exam as optional papre.what is proposed date of RAS exam 2011 and new pattern of RAS exam..
4th June 2011, 03:23 AM
Unregistered

sir i m complet BSC in PCB. i want to preparing for RAS entrance and main exam. Plz tel me how should it start prepration which sub. Should chosen for RAS.
4th June 2011, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

can we do ras just after passing b.com
10th June 2011, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my BA now i want to prepare for ras exam plz guide me.
11th June 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i want to prepare for RAS exam, i have done B.Sc. in Zoology Botany And Chemistry, And now i am doing Maste of Banking And INsurance.I want to take coaching in udaipur please suggest me what subjects should i take for exam and where to join for coaching in Udaipur.please reply me on my email [email protected].
14th June 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN RAS PRE EXAM?
16th June 2011, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am passed 12th recently. I want to opt for psychology, history and public ad. I want to know how to prepare for R.A.S. exam. pre. from these subjects?
18th June 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i would like like to clear ras exam , i am b.tech 4 year in electrical engg. , sir plz tell me about this .
[email protected]
Thankx sir
23rd June 2011, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR I AM HARIOM UPADHYAY I STRONGLY FEEL THAT I HAVE ABILITY TO GET CLEAR RAS EXAM IN ONE ATTEMPT SIR I NEED YOUR COOPERATION I HAVE PHARMA BACKGROUND (B PHARMA) sir will sugest me which subject i have to choose my mail [email protected]
5th July 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i m complet BSC in PCB. i want to preparing for RAS entrance and main exam. Plz tel me how should it start prepration which sub. Should chosen for RAS.
First try to improve english if english is your medim...
21st July 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM COMPLETE GNM NURSING 2010 BEFORE IT I AM SCEINCE MATHS STUDENT I AM PREPARING FOR R.A.S BUT I CONFUSED TO TAKE OPTIONAL WHICH EASY FOR MAIN
WILL MATHS IS OK IN OPTIONAL
PLZ SUGGEST ME
SAWAN KUMAR
25th July 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

SIR ,
I AM A DEFENCE PERSONNEL . MY QUALIFICATION IS M.A.( POL SCIENCE) B.ED ,M.B.A FROM DISTANCE EDUCATION .I WANT TO PREPARE FOR RAS EXAM .PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHICH SUBJECT WILL BE SUITABLE FOR ME.
4th August 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

sir
my name is mukesh gupta,2nd year student doing b-tech from lnmiit college. i want to do preperation for ras exam,plzz suggest me what should i do for that purpose,my branch ic ec,u can mail me on [email protected]
11th August 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
my name is neha.I am in 2 nd year of B.C.A. I want to do preperation for RAS exam. plz aap mujhe iske liye suggest kijiye. . u can mail me on [email protected].
17th August 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

age limit for RAS
17th August 2011, 07:46 PM
dhruv007

sir , this paper consist of thee section, pre., mains, & interview.In pre. there are general studies & the Optional paper which you have to choose as per your own interest. I suggest you to go for your B.Tech subjects only if you have command over it.For G.S preparation i would suggest to read The Hindu newspaper,any monthly magazine Civil services chronicle or Pratiyogita darpan, India year book which you have to read for mains exam also.
in mains there are subjective paper instead of objective as in pre. one.after clearing mains you should have clear the concept about all the political issues and your state.
29th August 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i m student of m.com previos. n also want to prepair for r.a.s but i m totaly confuse to chose sub. plz tell me about it.
30th August 2011, 10:02 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

There are 3 stages- first is the preliminary exam,second is mains exams and the third is interview.
For Preliminary exam- There are 2 papers- General Studies and the Optional paper which you have to choose as per your own interest. I suggest you to go for your B.Tech subjects only if you have command over it.
polity,history,economics ,geography,science and technology,statistics. For current affairs you have to cover national news,social issues.international news and india's bilateral relation with other countries.
31st August 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to prepare plz suggest best guideline
5th October 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to prepare RAS but proper guidence give me iam topper student of electronic communication engineering.given me subject details of pholocphy. history.pubblic add.socialogy. any two subject
15th October 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

i WANT TO KNOW CORRECT DATE OF RAS PRE EXAM.
IS IT VERY DIFFICULT TO CLEAR IN FIRST CHANCE?
16th October 2011, 10:51 AM
tejesh_09

RAS- Rajasthan Administrative Service conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission.

The RAS Exam is a multiple-choice, computer administered exam.

A comprehensive study guide provided by the exam authority that contains all of the information that may be asked on the exam
-
The comprehensive study guide is The Addiction Professional: Manual for Counselor Competency

The exam broadly covers the objective type question on topics like:-

CURRENT AFFAIERS
GENERAL SCIENCE
GEOGRAPHY AND NATURAL RESOURCES
AGRICULTURE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPEMENT WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO RAJASTHAN
HISTORY AND CULTURE
16th October 2011, 12:44 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

RAS exam is conducted by Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC)
The exam will be conducted in September every year.

The selection will be done through written test
1:Prelims Exam
2:Main Exam

Preliminary exam will consist of two papers Compulsory Paper,
Optional Subjects Paper

each containing 200 marks and of 2 hours duration
Primarily exam is for qualifying only for the main exam
Optional papers are:

Agriculture,Geology,Agricultural Engineering,Home Science,Animal Husbandry & Veterinary science,

Indian History,Botany,Law,Chemistry,Mathematics,Civil

Engineering,Mechanical Engineering,Commerce,Mining Engineering,Crop

Husbandry with Horticulture,Philosophy,Computer

Engineering,Physics,Computer Science,Political Science,Dairy Processing &

Technology,Psychology,Economics,Public Administration,Electrical

Engineering,Sociology,Electronics & Telecommunication

Engineering,Statistics,Geography,Zoology

Compulsory paper will have
General Knowledge & General Science

There will be three sections A, B, and C in each paper.
All three sections are compulsory.

Section A: It will have 20 questions of 2 marks each and all questions are compulsory.Each answer should not exceed 15 words

Section B : It will have 12 questions of 5 marks each and all questions are compulsory. Each answer should not exceed 50 words

Section C : It will have 7 questions and one has to attempt five questions from them, each question is of 20 marks each and its answer should not exceed 200 words

Rajasthan GK and GS paper Pattern :

Both papers carry 100 marks each and divided into three sections A, B and C
i)Section A of 30 marks having 15 questions of 2 marks each.

ii)Section B of 40 marks having 10 questions of 4 marks each.

iii)Section C of 30 marks having 7 question and one has to attempt 5 question and each question carries 6 marks each

The General Knowledge & General Science will contain:
1:Current Affairs

2:General Science

3:Geography and Natural resources

4:Agriculture and Economic Development of India

6:History and Culture

7:Literature

8:Agriculture & Industry

9: Economic Development and Planning

For details syllabus visit:http://rpsc.gov.in/ras_exam_2010.pdf

for more details visit:www.rpsc.gov.in
17th December 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Iwant t0 know about Ras pre exam new syallbus 2012
24th December 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM PRIYA. I AM A B.COM FINAL YEAR STUDENT I WANT TO DO RAS AFTER MY GRADUATION PLZ SUGGEST WHICH I HAVE TO READ TO BECOME RAS OFFIER. OR KITNA TIME LAGTA H RAS
BANNE ME. OR ROJ KITNE TIME PADHNA CHAHIYE RAS BANNE KE LIYE.
PLA PROVIDE INFORMATION ON MY MAIL ID .
[email protected]
29th December 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i m in ee 3rd year
nd i want to prepare for ras
wht strategy i take
3rd January 2012, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

sir/i m pursuing b.com now m in 2nd year.i want to preparing for RAS entrance exam. after bcom final plz tel ME how should i start preparation?which sub. should chosen for ras. plz send me info on my mail id [email protected]
8th February 2012, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

sir, i have done Msc It last year and i want to preparinsg for RAS exam . plase tell me which sub. i should choose
19th February 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

where i get syllabus of G K & geography for RAS pre exam
5th March 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: How to prepare for RAS Exam?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;597024]hello sir,
i want to prepare for ras on self basis,so i need ur help....i have completed my graduation in b.com n i want to know further which subjects to b taken for r.a.s preparations.....n also i want to know about the dates/months in which exam is conducted.....
so plzz sir it's a kind request to u to help me out for my preparation....plz sir if possible send me the information on my [email protected]....
thank you sir...kl
16th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
aap ye btaiye ki ras ke liye best book konsi rhegi for gk ke liye
please reply in my id in - [email protected]
thank you
20th March 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete B.A, can i participate in RAS please give me suggestion
please reply in my id in - [email protected]
5th May 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hi sir
i have pursing B.A ,can i participate in RAS Please give me more suggestionn.tell me how to prepare for RAS exam....plzzz tell me sir ...??
Plzzzzz Mail Me My Id [email protected]
20th May 2012, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i just hav complitd b.a. n now m giving dis xm i wanted to knw dat how can i built perfect command on public add and gk also m lil afraid for dis time
26th May 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

is there anyone to answer the questions????
26th May 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

sir myself shweta pursuing BBE from DU....
I want to know about best instituion in NORTH DELHI for RAS preparation?????
26th May 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir myself pursuing BBE from DU nd want to know abt best institution in NORTH DELHI for RAS preparation?
4th July 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Pls!
Suggest me about proper geography books for RAS mains 2012.
Is coaching necessary?
15th July 2012, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

HI,
i am a b.tech.(IT) and currently working with MNC as software engineer but i want to make my career in civil services like RAS,IAS. specially since i am form rajasthan i want to go with RAS and start its preparation kindly suggest me the best optional subjects for both pre and main exam..
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?