17th January 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

What are the career options after passing BSc IT? What is the salary range? Is there a good scope in BSc IT?

Wht r the career options after bsc it? what wil b the salary range? Does bsc it has scope?

9th October 2012, 08:55 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career options after passing BSc IT? What is the salary range? Is there a good scope in BSc IT?

IT stream of Bachelor of Science is itself not recommended. Most will recommend you Computer Science stream which covers more areas. However this is only from the academic point of view. When you will go out looking for the job, this would not be a big issue since majority of companies accept candidates of IT and Computer Science stream. However there are some companies which would reject IT candidates.

Now coming to your question, don't expect great things merely from Bachelor of Science course. This is a very basic course and would not offer any good job. The career prospect is dim only with Bachelor of Science course.

In the private sector, I would say that you can apply for job in Call Center with this qualification. Most IT companies would not offer job with graduation degree unless it is B.Tech. That is ruled out for you.

There can be good scope in government sector. You can appear for Civil Service Examination or the IBPS Bank PO. Both require candidate to have completed graduation. The stream and percentage is not the issue.

To make it short, you can apply for IAS, IPS, IFS of the banking job with B.Sc in IT. However it would require you to clear a very competitive entrance exam.

If your aim is to work for IT firm. Then you should start considering post graduation degree. I would recommend Master of Computer Applications. However to pursue it, you need to have Maths in 12th. MCA would open the doors of MNC IT firms for you. All the IT companies in the country hire MCA candidates.

You also have the option of doing M.Sc IT. You will be able to find job in IT arena with Master of Science degree as well. The choice would be yours. In MCA and MSc, I would recommend Master of Computer Applications to you.

There is another option of choosing MBA in IT. However only if your intention is not to programme softwares but to be part of management. This degree would help you fulfil this dream.
9th October 2012, 09:42 AM
lethal predator
Member+

Default Re: What are the career options after passing BSc IT? What is the salary range? Is there a good scope in BSc IT?

Dear..

In today's competitive scenario, you can not expect that a mere graduation degree can earn you a handsome amount of salary, Though it is not true in case of Engineering or Graduation from a reputed college but for most of the people in India relying on a graduation degree is not at all advisable. You should do some kind of master degree course to improve the worth of your resume and after that you can expect a higher salary and faster career growth.

You have done B.sc IT then career option available to you is that you can work in any software company as they can place you as a trainee, However it is not that easy to enter as competition is very huge. You can also work as a free lancer and earn, Call center, KPO, Web designer are the other option but you can not expect a higher salary.

The salary will totally depend upon your skills, Knowledge, and ability. You can expect a salary from 5000 to 16000 based on your skills. If you get a chance to work for an IT company as a trainee then future growth chances are better otherwise it is very difficult to grow.

I would recommend you that you should go for MCA or SAP related course as they are in huge demand and you can get a job easily in any good IT company once you are good in these subjects. SAP course can be done from any good college.

I hope you will be benefited from this.

Cheers...!!!
9th October 2012, 12:47 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

There are so many career option after passing the b.sc IT.
you can go in the software field,where you can earn lots of money.
you can also go in the public sector where you can fill the form like B.S.N.L, J.T.O, M.T.N.L, etc.you can also apply for governmental job IAS, IPS, IFS or the banking job

if you go good doing job, then your salary package increased yearly in the private sector
In the government job, government have to decide whether the salary have to increase or not.these job are relax job

You also have the option of doing M.Sc IT.There is another option of choosing MBA in IT
You will be able to find job in IT arena with Master of Science degree as well. The choice would be yours. In MCA and MSc, I would recommend Master of Computer Applications to you.

the higher degree will help you in future

good luck
10th May 2013, 06:54 AM
Unregistered

Doing B.sc IT in corresponds will have any difficulty in getting job?
14th June 2013, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

i am doing software engineering course from computer classes and till twelfth it will be completing so after that what course i should choose to become an engineer
19th June 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I take admission in b.sc-it but now am confused did it is a good choose? N whats is IAS IPS IFS
2nd November 2013, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

Please, what's the starting salary of a Bsc IT holder in Ghana.
13th November 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

after bscit if we take up a job for experience and later do master degree with experience so is that good will it benefit
or dong masters first than takin a job without practical experience what can be the suggetions for this query
6th February 2014, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing b.sc it .plz tell.me what is carrier option after the b.sc.it..and which type of job i can apply for .......
31st August 2014, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

actually i hv 76% in hsc and 46% in hsc..and now im doing bsc it...so can you suggest me any future plan which i can get a good job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?