22nd January 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Which are the colleges to pursue B.E Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope for the same?

I m doing mechanical engg. BE. After that what I hav to do ? In chenai wat r the colleges to pursue..what is scope courses to do for core companies.. I had interested in both automobiles and marine..so plz reply me because I m very much interested in doing short term courses 1yr courses

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue M.Tech after doing B.E mechanical fresher
  2. Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?
  3. What is the difference between mechanical and mechatronics engineering? Which has a better scope? Why mechatronics engineering is not available in government colleges?
  4. How to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering after completing graduation from IGNOU
  5. Best colleges for Biomedical engineering? is it better than Biotechnology? Scope in future?
  6. Scope of Mechanical engineering in the coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which colleges can I get admission in Mumbai or Pune if I want to pursue Mechanical Engineering? List of colleges i which I can get admission?
  8. Is there any scope for B.Tech Mechanical engineer in India?
  9. List of important courses in mechanical engineering?
  10. Best course after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering to get good placement with high salary? -- [New]
  11. How to pursue career as a Forensic Odontologist? What is the scope and which are the colleges?
  12. How to pursue part time B.E mechanical degree after completing DME?
  13. which branch should I choose for a better future prospective? I've completed 2nd year in PUC and want to pursue engineering in auto mobile engineering
  14. What is scope of Mechanical Engineering in India?
  15. Career scope for the candidates after completion of Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering?
  16. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
  17. List of the various jobs which can I get after completion of my mechanical engineering? What are the courses which can I pursue after my B.Tech?
  18. Mechanical or Mechatronics which is best choice for PG Diploma?
7th July 2012, 01:17 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which are the colleges to pursue B.E Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope for the same?

Dear friend,

It is good to see that you are interested in higher education as higher education will help you a lot in your future.
It also help you to get a good job and higher study also gives you a more job security than lower degree.
After completion of B.E you can go for M.E.
First i will tell you the admission procedure on M.E and then the job opportunity and next i will tell you the other trade you can do M.E after the mechanical engineering.

Admission procedure on M.E:
To take admission on M.E you have to seat for the GATE exam.If you qualify then you can apply to the very good colleges as very good colleges prefers the GATE qualified students.

List of some good engineering colleges:
  1. IIT kanpur
  2. Hindusthan electronics academy
  3. Punjab engineering college
  4. Madras institute of technology
  5. IIT Kharagpur
If you choose M.E on the mechanical engineering then you can go for M.E on automobile ,field mechanics etc.

you will get job on the core companies after this like,
  • TATA motors
  • HERO
  • BAJAJ
  • LAEYLAND
  • BEL
  • BHEL
All the best................
7th July 2012, 07:59 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which are the colleges to pursue B.E Mechanical Engineering? What is the scope for the same?

B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering deals with mechanics, manufacturing and designing of the machine. As far as job scope is concerned, B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering is considered evergeen field which is hardly affected by economic slowdown.

There are plenty of jobs available after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering both in government and private sector. You don't need to do any short term courses, most companies will offer you job after the B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering whether you want to go in Automobile sector of Core companies. However it would certainly help if you complete M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering however I would repeat it once again that you can get a good job both in government and private sector after the B.Tech course.

The government jobs and various PSU that offer jobs to B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering graduate are:

ONGC

DRDO

SAIL

NTPC

VSSC

ISRO

BHEL

ECIL

HMT

APGENCO

APTRANSCO

Power Plants

SAIL

Indian Railways

In private sector there are plenty of jobs available in the fields of lathe machines, Hydraulic machinery manufacturing, Motor Industry, Steel, Communication etc. Automobile industry which is also preferred by you has become more attractive since several big carmakers from around the world have decided to come to India. Several big car companies are going to open plants in Gujarat following which there would a requirement of Mechanical Engineers. However you will have to wait 3-4 years before you can work in a big international car company.

Ashok Leyland Ltd

TATA MOTORS

TISCO

MARUTI SUZUKI

MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA

BHARAT ELECTRICAL

Hyundai Motors India Ltd

Jindal Steel

NALCO
7th July 2012, 08:57 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Top Mechanical Engineering Colleges in India:

=>IIT-Kanpur, Kharagpur, Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Chennai

=>IT-BHU, Varanasi

=>Bengal Engineering and Science University

=>BITS, Pilani

=>National Institute of Technology, Surathkal

=>College of Engineering, Pune

=>Delhi Technological University, Delhi

=>National Institute of Technology, Warrangal

=>Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal

=>Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai

=>BIT. Mesra

=>PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore

=>Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat

=>Noida Institute of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida

=>The ICFAI University, Dehradun

=>Rungta College of Engineering & Technology, Bhilai

=>Accurate Institute of Management & Technology, Greater Noida

=>Guru Gobind Singh College of Engineering & Technology, Bathinda

=>Institute of Technical Education & Research, Bhubaneswar
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?