21st December 2010, 01:00 AM
akhilesh sati

Do any IITs offer summer training?

i am a student of electronics and communication engneering 2nd year. i want to do my summer training from any iits. does any iit organise such a summer training? please help me .i ,ll be very very greatful to you

Related Questions:
  1. Names of some institutes which offer summer training for B.tech 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to get a summer training course at AIIMS or IITs after scoring 8.67 CGPI during B.Tech 3rd year?
  3. How to get summer training in Embedded Circuit Designing? Names of the universities offering summer training?
  4. Summer Training in Embedded System at IIT for B.Tech(ECE) student?
  5. Which company to select for doing summer training after completing 3rd year of B.E CSE?
  6. List of the companies offering internship program for mechanical engineering students in Bangalore? Procedure to apply for it?
  7. Names of the companies which offer summer training? I am a 3rd year electronics and communication engineering student
  8. Which companies are offering summer training in Rajasthan?
  9. How to get my summer training from reputed institutes in India? Procedure and names of the institutes which offer summer training? I am a student of 2nd year mechanical engineering at MDU
  10. Summer Training courses in IITs and other colleges in North India in the field of Biotechnology for 4th semester Biotechnology students
  11. Procedure and information to apply for summer training in IITs? What is the eligibility criteria and how much percentage is required for training?
  12. Which companies offer industrial training summer?
  13. Summer training after 2nd year, which companies offer this training?
  14. How can I get information regarding summer training in Embedded circuit designing from Institution in Delhi?
  15. Which companies offer summer training for B.Tech EC students? Procedure for it?
  16. List of companies which can offer industrial training during summer in Nagpur? -- [New]
  17. Summer Training after B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year in IITs?
  18. List of institutions and their applying procedure for doing summer training for days in Embedded designing from Delhi region?
15th April 2011, 04:21 AM
babydoll

Default Re: Do any IITs offer summer training?

Hi friend,
IITs are not provide the summer training to the other universities students. However they provide the training to the IITians of other branches.
But some of IIT organizes seminar for the B.Tech students. They also provide Technical workshop such as Robotics.
Last year IIT Bombay organizes the 7 days workshop for B.Tech students in Robotics.
So you can try to get information about upcoming workshop and then register for the workshop. The registration fees is 3000 rupees and it will be paid by DD in the favor of IIT Bombay.
16th April 2011, 12:41 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Do any IITs offer summer training?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh sati View Post
i am a student of electronics and communication engneering 2nd year. i want to do my summer training from any iits. does any iit organise such a summer training? please help me .i ,ll be very very greatful to you
IIT only provides summer training to other IIT colleges. So if you are not
a IIT student then you are not eligible to apply for the summer training course
at the IIT.

But you can apply for the summer training course in these company's also

Clockwork Business Solutions (P) Ltd.,
Sri Kanva Pride, 2nd Floor, No. 115/ 48, East End C Main Road,
Jayanagar 9th Block
Bangalore 560069

CMS Computers Institute
2 floor, srilakshmi complex
Bangalore 560001

Cogitate Consulting Private Limited
815, 100 feet Ring Road
7th block 2nd Phase , Banashakari III stage
Bangalore 560085

CompetenSys Solutions
Koramangala
Bangalore 560034

Cosmic IT solutions Pvt. Ltd
#154, 6th Main, 2nd stage, 2nd phase
Mahalaxmipuram
Bangalore 560086

Cueflux Technologies Pvt Ltd
445, 2nd main, Kasturi nagar, behind East of NGEF.
Bangalore 560043

DIGANT TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD
# 488, 15TH CROSS, INDIRANAGAR 2ND STAGE
BANGALORE 560038
16th April 2011, 01:00 AM
chiranjeev90

Hi
IITS don't provide summer training for other universities students,
They provide internship only for their own students in tie up with different companies.
16th April 2011, 06:02 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Hi dear friend,
IITs are not provide the summer training to the other universities students. However they provide the training to the IITians of other branches.
But some of IIT organizes seminar for the B.Tech students. They also provide Technical workshop such as Robotics.
Last year IIT Bombay organizes the 7 days workshop for B.Tech students in Robotics.
So you can try to get information about upcoming workshop and then register for the workshop. The registration fees is 3000 rupees and it will be paid by DD in the favor of IIT Bombay.
good luck
16th April 2011, 02:23 PM
hari om yadav

hello dear,
IITs don't provide the summer traning for other universities .
only provide for other IITs collages.
16th April 2011, 03:39 PM
sumati15

hello
there are some IITs professors providing training.
you have to contact them giving details of your interst field.
16th April 2011, 06:22 PM
priyatiwari

Offering summer training to cadets depend upon college managing committe and dean ,so its upto college authorities,nothing could be said from our side
16th April 2011, 07:20 PM
aksavjeet
Member+

hello,
it's a very Wise decision to go for a Summer training program rather than wasting your precious time here and there.
IIT's don't offer any summer training,
but being in Electronics and Telecomm. you can proceed for summer training provided by BSNL,AIRCEL,AIRTEL and all, so that you get your actual core basics right.
If you are interested in RObotics , you can approach, Thinklabs ,Roboshop as they are also having SUmmer training programs for Robotics and that can help you to go in the Techfests held at various colleges, even IIT's.

17th April 2011, 03:28 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend,
i would like tell you a true fact that IITs only allows summer training to other IITs only... but IIT allows other students to take part in workshops which are conducted inside their campus........

good luck
17th April 2011, 07:42 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Do any IITs offer summer training?

IIT's do provide summer training to Btech students as it is an important part of the curriculum.
However, IIT's provided the summer training only to the students of the other IIT's.

So if you are not a student of any IIT, then I am afraid that you cannot obtain the training from the IIT.

However, IIT's do regularly organize workshops and seminars from students of BTech from all over belonging to any college.

So if you are interested, yo can attend these workshops and seminars as these are very helpful and provide you some guidance regarding your future.

Workshops are organized on topics such as Robotics, Ethical Hacking, Embedded System, Power System, etc.
28th May 2011, 04:34 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,
IIT is provide training for only IIT students or other IIT colleges.

IIT does not allow other colleges student for training.

IIT is arranged some work shop for other colleges that attain other colleges student.
28th May 2011, 04:35 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi,

IIT is arranged some work shop for other colleges that attain other colleges student.
28th June 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

sir after 3rd year may i eligible for gate?
31st July 2011, 08:31 PM
brijeshgzp123

31st July 2011, 10:35 PM
anki14542

Quote:
Hello Akhilesh

IITs do not offer summer training but yes,you can learn some specified course from there.
For this you need to apply to the respective IIT,but again they have there own qualifications requirement set for providing such training.A very good weightage should be there on your resume.
Suppose you have been a part in writing something for an international newspaper.Again a strong reference from a highly educated and renowned person with high qualifications might be required.
A supportive letter from college is must.

I hope this things can help you out in going through.

Kindest Regards.
1st August 2011, 11:08 AM
venu.linesensorarray

Akhilesh,

There is no official summer training from IITs as such, unless you are from IIT itself.

However, you can mail IIT profs whose work you admire or those in the same field as your area of interest and offer to assist them in their work. Quite a lot of people get selected this way. And you get a valuable internship certificate as well.

Cheers,
5th September 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

sir,pls tell me about some iit faculty name who provide summer trainning for electronics and communication engineers.
1st October 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i am a 3rd year engg student of IT branch nd hv to apply for internship..at what time of d year,should i start sending my resumes to companies..?
2nd December 2011, 10:26 AM

Arrow training

hello sir,
I want 2 apply for internship/training program under an iit professor.I,currently am pursuing my B.tech degree from NIT nagpur.I am 4th sem ECE student.I'll be very thankful if yu can tell me some of iit professors who encourage this
thanking you
nehal saraf
e-id:[email protected]
23rd February 2012, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

in iit they provide training for biotech or not???
10th April 2012, 04:55 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

hi,

27th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

hi m in B.tech 2nd yr frm ECE dept. m lukng for summer training institutes which can provide me training in ethical hacking or else embedded systems and robotics in Jaipur
27th January 2013, 06:03 PM
Sikdu

yes they do provide summer training like iit kanpur,delhi
27th January 2013, 06:29 PM
johnnyy

hi,
i don't know about it but you can get the details by an expert.
Top Ten classified website
27th January 2013, 06:32 PM
johnnyy

hi,
i don't know.
Top Ten classified website
27th January 2013, 08:11 PM
RAVIKANT JANGIR

Quote:
Hey friend,
IITs only provides summer training to other IIT colleges. So if you are not
an IIT student then you are not eligible to apply for the summer training course
at the IIT. They provide internship only for their own students in tie up with different companies.

gud luck!!
30th June 2013, 12:41 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Yes you can do your summer internship in IIT under any reputed professor.
you should write to the professor of your field
For. eg. if you are a chemical engineer student then you should write to professor under chemical engineering department.
You should start sending mails from august itself as these professor have limited seats for summer training.
Most professor, select on basis of marks but few also select on first come first serve basis.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?