18th February 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for IAS entrance exam? Which magazine or book should I refer?

Sir,I am showkat from kashmir reading in B.A 2nd year with subjects English, political science, History and Economics More interested in Economics want to crack the I.A.S examination So please tell me sir which magazine or book i should conslut

20th February 2012, 03:43 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the criteria for IAS entrance exam? Which magazine or book should I refer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,I am showkat from kashmir reading in B.A 2nd year with subjects English, political science, History and Economics More interested in Economics want to crack the I.A.S examination So please tell me sir which magazine or book i should conslut
Dear Aspirant

Sure...you can apply for IAS entrance exam after completing B.A. course.

-Well IAS entrance exam known as Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

Eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam:

-You have to pass Graduation course in any stream from recognized institute/college/university.

-There is no restriction in minimum percentage.

-Candidate in final year of such program can also apply for this exam.

-Your Age must be between 21 to 33 years for General category, 21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST.

Number of Permissible Attempts to sit in IAS Exam : 4 for General , 7 for OBC and Unlimited for SC/ST.

There are 3-stages for IAS selection:

-Preliminary Exam
-Main Exam
-Personal Interview

Dates for IAS Civil service Exam 2012:

-Date of issuing of application form:04.02.2012

-Last date of receipt of Application:05.03.2012

-Date of Preliminary Exam:20.05.2012

-Date of Main Exam:15th Oct 2012

Structure of IAS Civil Service Exam:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Books that you can refer for IAS Exam preparation

Publisher: Upscportal Publications

Price: Rs. 371

Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Price: Rs. 211

Price: Rs. 200

Price: Rs. 140

You can refer following magazine & News Paper to read about current affairs:

~The Hindu/The Times of India
~Frontline
~Civil Service Chronicle
~Chanakya
~Competition WIZARD
~Civil Services Today
20th February 2012, 10:14 AM
ankitkrmishra

Default Re: What is the criteria for IAS entrance exam? Which magazine or book should I refer?

Eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is:
Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs.

Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

You can read news paper for the current affairs and some books are published for the IAS exam is also helpful for the exam preparation.
20th February 2012, 11:00 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria for IAS entrance exam? Which magazine or book should I refer?

The IAS exam in 2012 will be special
Not only will it feature the new CSAT syllabus introduced from 2011 onwards but also the pattern will be different from the 2011 IAS exam.
This hub explains all the details relating to the 2012 IAS EXAM including the procedure , syllabus , possible exam pattern , books to refer and tips to crack the 2012 IAS exam

IAS Exam 2012 : The Basics

The IAS exam will consist of three stages
Prelims
Mains
Interview

you have to clear the preceding stage to reach the next stage of IAS 2012 Exam
For instance you will need to forst crack the IAS prelims , then appear for the mains and based on the marks obtained you may be called for the IAS interview , the final frontier

Books for IAS exam :

General studies for Civil by TMH
CSAT by Arun Sharma
Manorama yearbook 2012 by Mammen Mathew
India's struggle for independ by Bi[an chandra
our constitution by Subhash C
Oxford student atlas for india by Oxford
20th February 2012, 01:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you shave to appear and crack the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The Eligibility Criteria:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should be a graduate in any stream of education from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years of age.

There is upper age relaxation for reserved candidate which is relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PH candidate and 3 years for OBC candidate.

The selection is through three stages:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main exam cab be given by the successful candidate from CSAT

Personal Interview which is the final stage of selection for those who successfully overcome the Main Exam.

The notification for 2012 Civil Service exam has already been announced, the last date of application is 05.03.2012 followed by preliminary exam on 20.05.2012.

Apart from regular preparation for Civil Service exam thoroughly and steadily and in a regular process at least one year before the Examination you should follow and refer the articles and current affairs news fro different news paper and Magazines such as:-

The Times Of India/The Hindu/Statesman etc.
Civil Service Chronicle
Competition wizard
Civil Service Today
Outlook
Frontline etc.
25th February 2012, 03:30 AM
tanu47

Dear,
IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer you shave to appear and crack the Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.
Criteria:
u should be a graduate in any stream of education from a recognised University.
the age of 21 to 30 years of age.
You can refer following magazine & News Paper to read about current affairs:
The Hindu/The Times of India
Competition WIZARD
Civil Services Today
Frontline
Civil Service Chronicle
Chanakya
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?