14th March 2012, 03:12 PM
rahul8920

What should I do to prepare for the CDS exam? Coaching for the CDS exam?

Dear Sir,

I wanna give CDS Exam But I could not able to taking Coaching for CDS Exam.
I belong to poor family plz sir guide me what should i do for preparation of Exam

Thank's
Regard
Rahul Sharma

22nd September 2012, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for the CDS exam? Coaching for the CDS exam?

Dear Sir,

I belong to poor family plz sir guide me what should i do for preparation of Exam

thnk's
regard
anjali patwal

l
4th October 2012, 11:37 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to prepare for the CDS exam? Coaching for the CDS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul8920 View Post
Dear Sir,

Thank's
Regard
Rahul Sharma

CDS Exam Details:-

## Full form of CDS is Combined Defense Services Examination. If you wish to pursue your career in any one of the defense academies in India then you need to give this exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. This exam which is conducted for twice a year can be given to enter the following academies:

1) Indian Military Academy
2) Air Force Academy
3) Naval Academy
4) Officer's Training Academy

## Indian Military Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

## Air Force Academy:- You need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology. Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

## Naval Academy:- You need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics. Your age should vary between 19 and 22 years.

## Officer's Training Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

## Selection Procedure:-

You need to cross the following hurdles or stages to finally get selected. The three stages are as follows:
  • Written Examination
  • Personal Interview
  • Physical Fitness Test by SSB

## The exam pattern of all academies except the Officer's Training Academy is same. For their exam following areas needs to stressed on: General English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Total marks allotted for the paper is 300 and you will get 6 hours to complete the whole paper.

## For the officer's training academy you need to stress on the following areas for the written exam: English and General Knowledge. 200 marks have been allotted for the paper and you will get four hours to complete the whole paper.

## On qualifying in the written examination you will be made to go through a series of tests and if found eligible in all of them then finally you will be allowed to receive training from the institute chosen by you. There will be a situation reaction test where you will be given a situation and you have to react accordingly. In Thematic Apperception Test you will be asked to write a story based on a picture given to you. In Word Association Test you will be asked to make sentences. And lastly the group test will comprise of almost 10 candidates approximately and this group will be asked to take part in group discussion, group planning and other outdoor tasks.

CDS Exam Books:-

CDS Examination Combined Defence Services
by Expert Compilation
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Combined Defence Services Examination
by Jain, Kishore
Publisher: Upkar Prakashan

Study Package For CDS
by Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Hope this helps :-> :->
15th May 2013, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

Is there any direct way to have entry in this field directly without giving written exam if i am having btech mechanical eng degree and also abt the age limit if a girl is of 24 is she is eligible for the cds
27th June 2013, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

sir plz tell me best CDS written test coaching in LUCKNOW
9th August 2013, 07:57 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What should I do to prepare for the CDS exam? Coaching for the CDS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul8920 View Post
Dear Sir,

Thank's
Regard
Rahul Sharma
Combined defence service examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidates in different forces like Indian Army, Air force or Navy.
To be eligible for this exam you have to be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Combined defence service examination.

What to do to prepare for the CDS exam?
As you are saying that you can't afford the coaching class fees. The only possible way is to buy some books on CDS exam. You can also assist you school teacher, friends for help if face any difficulty in any particular subject.
The syllabus of CDS exam is not very tough you can easily crack it if you are an average student and have all the fundamentals clear.

The best books for the CDS examination is shown below:

For more information on CDS examination you can also visit at the below given web site:

www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?