11th May 2012, 09:10 PM
preetidrana

Is SLET entrance exam equivalent to UGC NET?

what is slet entrance exam is it equivalent to ugc net...please tell me if its true

18th May 2012, 05:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is SLET entrance exam equivalent to UGC NET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetidrana View Post
what is slet entrance exam is it equivalent to ugc net...please tell me if its true
SLET stands for State Lectureship Eligibility Test and is conducted under the regulation of University Grant Commission for assessing candidates eligibility to become lecturer in universities and colleges located in the particular state whereas, NET is National Eligibility Test and as the name suggests, it is conducted on national level by University Grant Commission and candidates who qualifies the test may apply for Lecturer position in universities and colleges located anywhere in India.

As far as similarity is concerned, for both the tests, candidates needs to hold Masters Degree and must have scored a minimum of 55% in the same. For SLET as well as for NET, the required percentage of marks is relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
2nd December 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

how much score is needed to clear net & slet exams
28th November 2013, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

when is the next slet exam and what is its pattern and qualifying creiteria?
6th October 2021, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I wish to state here that previously if SLST/ SLET is Passed by a candidate, the certificate was issued by the nodal agency of UGC in different States were awarded as Valid all over India and valid forever as like as NET. But SET is awarded as valid in respective State and valid for ever.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?