22nd May 2012, 11:13 PM

Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

am i eligible for cds exam if i am in 2nd year of my engineering ??? if yes then what should i do ?? and please give me all the details how to crack the exam

23rd May 2012, 09:43 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
am i eligible for cds exam if i am in 2nd year of my engineering ??? if yes then what should i do ?? and please give me all the details how to crack the exam
Being an 2nd year Engineering candidate your not eligible to apply for this CDS Examination , To apply for CDS Examination you Qualified in Bachelor degree (or) You should be Final year candidate of Bachelor degree .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Academy and this Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year . ( ie :- CDS - 1 and CDS - 2 ) . Combined Defence Service - 1 Examination wah already get over . So, Please wait for next notification . The Notification for CDS Examination Published during the Month of June in official website .

CDS Examination is conducted for admission to the candidates into the Following Defence Service ,

-Indian Military Academy
-Navy Academy
-Airforce Academy
-Officer Training Academy

Selection Procedure for CDS Examination may divided into Written Examination / SSB Interview and Physical Test etc..The Written Examination is based on Objective type with Multiple choice . If your qualified in Written Examination then you may call for an Interview .

Required Qualification for CDS Examination :-
-----------------------------------------------

For Military Academy / Officer Training Academy :- Graduation in any discipline from recognized university ( ie:- B.com/B.sc /BA / and BBA )

For Navy and Airforce Academy :- Graduation in Science stream with Mathematics and Physics or Bachelor of Engineering from recognized university .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination , But the candidate should submit the Course completing Certificate .

Age Limit :-
-------------------

-For Military Academy :- 19 years to 24 years
-For Officer Academy :- 19 years to 25 years
-For Navy Academy :- 19 years to 22 years
-For Airforce Academy :- 19 years to 23 years

CDS Examination Pattern :-

-----------------------------------

To Crack this CDS Examination please refer this Books ,

Reference Books for CDS Examination :-
--------------------------------------

For More Details Click Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/
23rd May 2012, 11:00 AM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Hello Friend,
As you are 2nd year candidate you are not eligible for CDS.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Academy

CDS Examination is conducted for admission to the candidates into the Following Defence Service ,

-Indian Military Academy
-Navy Academy
-Airforce Academy

For Military Academy / Officer Training Academy :- Graduation in any discipline from recognized university ( ie:- B.com/B.sc /BA / and BBA )

For Navy and Airforce Academy :- Graduation in Science stream with Mathematics and Physics or Bachelor of Engineering from recognized university .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination , But the candidate should submit the Course completing Certificate .

Age Limit :-

-For Military Academy :- 19 years to 24 years
-For Officer Academy :- 19 years to 25 years
-For Navy Academy :- 19 years to 22 years
-For Airforce Academy :- 19 years to 23 years

More information is here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/

So I suggest you first complete your B.E And apply for CDS.
Thank You!
23rd May 2012, 11:21 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re:Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering ? How to crack the exam?

well friend.....

let me put forward my points:

CDS stands for Combined Defence Academy and this Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year . ( ie :- CDS - 1 and CDS - 2 )

-----------------------------------------------

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination , But the candidate should submit the Course completing Certificate .

Now coming to your case,you say that you are in 2nd year engineering and so you do not qualify the required eligibility criteria for CDS exam OFFICIAL WEB:http://www.upsc.gov.in/

GOOD LUCK
23rd May 2012, 02:46 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Hai,

2nd year engineering student is not eligible for CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam, final year candidates or graduation completed candidates are eligible for CDS exam.

UPSC(UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) conducts the CDS exam every year two times i.e CDS-I, CDS-II.

CDS has four types of wings:

Indian army,
Indian navy,
Indian airforce,
Officer military academy.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Eligibility criteria:

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university with Science stream is eligible for indian airforce and navy academy.

Candidate should be complete graduation or equivalent in any stream from a recognised university.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Candidate must be physically fit.

Age criteria:

For navy academy 19 years to 22 years,

For airforce academy 19 years to 23 years,

For military academy 19 years to 24 years,

For officer 19 years to 25 years.

Selection process;

Written test,
Interview,
Medical test.

Official website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
23rd May 2012, 03:08 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

you are not eligible for this exam because must & should complete degree or final year candidates

CDS Exam conducted following services

Indian Military Academy / Officers Training Academy
Indian Navy Academy
Indian Air Force Academy

Educational Qualification :
Indian Military Academy / Officers Training Academy : Degree of a recognized university or equivalent
Indian Navy Academy :Degree in Engineering for CDSE & Degree in Engineering or B.Sc (Physics / Mathematics)
Indian Air Force Academy :Degree of recognized university (physics & mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering

Admission to Indian Military Academy , Naval & Air Force Academy on or before 13.00.2012
Admission to officer's Training Academy , Chennai on or before 01.02.2013

Age Limit :
Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
Officers Training Academy : 19 to 25 years
Indian Navy Academy : 19 to 22 years
Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
23rd May 2012, 05:34 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As a candidate from 2nd year Engineering, you are not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam. As the minimum educational qualification to apply CDS is Graduation.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

So as you are interested for CDS, you should first complete your Graduation Degree in Engineering so that you will be eligible for all the wings of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2012, 10:50 PM
sagar R.kachhadiya
Member+

sorry my friend
Being 2nd year engineering,you are not eligible for CDS exam.
you can only apply for CDS exam after completion of engineering.so first you have to complete your graduation.then you can apply for CDS.

CDS is the combine defence service exam.

-Indian Military Academy
-Navy Academy
-Airforce Academy

Selection Procedure for CDS Examination may divided into Written Examination / SSB Interview and Physical Test etc..The Written Examination is based on Objective type with Multiple choice . If your qualified in Written Examination then you may call for an Interview .
2nd June 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed the B.Sc.|| year in this year, can i apply for cds?
11th June 2012, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam, i got a back in 1st yr paper. Am i eligible for CDS examination?
16th June 2012, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

i am in 3rd year so can i give cds exam for practice..
26th November 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

what if i am in 2nd year B.E and just give a trial exam...?
26th November 2012, 05:02 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
[[email protected];1741492]sir, My name is Vikas Maurya.
I completed my intermediate with 61%. i am 19 and 1/2 years old. i want to join Indian Army in Technical field. Will you please tell me how can i join it.

Sir i will be very gratefulle to you if you please tell me how to join Indian Army and when can i get the Application form of Indian Army.

Dear Aspirant,

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service this exam is conducted by UPSC every year......

Yes, Definetly you are eligible for CDS but after completing Your Graduation Degree in any Discipline.......

>> A candidate must have completed their Graduation in any Discipline from Recognized Universities OR Equivalent Course.......

>> A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA......

Age Limit:
  1. For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  2. For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  3. For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  4. For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years.

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
26th November 2012, 07:49 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Quote:
hi friend

yes off course you can..............

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

• A candidate should have completed their graduation with atleast 50% from Recognized Universities

• Citizenship of INDIA.
Age limite:
  • For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
  • For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
  • For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
  • For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years.
26th November 2012, 10:16 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

You are pursuing your engineering degree in 2 year so you are not eligible for this exam right now but after completing your degree or appearing last year exam you are eligible for this exam.

Eligibility Ctriteria

candidate should be completed graduation with subject MATHS and PHYSICS, candidate who are appearing final year exam are also eligible

Age Limit

For IMA 19 to 24
For OTA 19 to 25
For NA 19 to 22
For AFA 19 to 23
26th November 2012, 10:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry 2nd year engineering students are not eligible to apply for CDS exam.

You must be in final year or graduate in engineering to apply for CDS exam.

Final year students must ensure that they get the required documents in time otherwise they will not be considered.

The age limit for CDS exam is 19 to 25 years.

For Air force Academy the age must be 19 to 23 years.

For Naval academy age must be between 19 to 22 years.

For IMA age must be 19 to 24 years.

For OTA age must be 19 to 25 years.

You must be medically fit then only you will be allowed to join defence.

For CDS exam you have to prepared for objective type paper and SSB interview.

If you score good marks and you are higher on merit list then you will get the post provided you are medically fit.

For more information you can check the CDS official notificationhttp://http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/...3/cds1/eng.pdf
26th November 2012, 11:32 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Quote:

Eligibility For CDS Exam

The Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is conducted every year in the months of February and September by UPSC..

Eligibility Criteria :-

>> Candidate must be a final year graduation student or must have completed graduation in any stream..

>> Candidate must be within the following age limits :-

> Indian Navy :- 19-22 years
> Indian Air Force :- 19-23 years
> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
> Officer's Training Academy :- 19-25 years

The exam shall consist of 3 sections based on :-

>> General Awareness
>> English
>> Elementary Maths

I have attached a few previous year papers of CDS along with this post for your reference..

I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-1 ENGLISH 2012.pdf(543.5 KB, 44 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 GK 2012.pdf(2.00 MB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-1 MATHS 2012.pdf(729.6 KB, 32 views)
18th May 2013, 07:45 PM
adgjmptw1528

Post Re: Am I eligible for CDS exam if I am in 2nd year engineering? How to crack the exam?

Quote:
if you have a degree from a recognised university ,them you can apply for combined defence exam conducted by upsc.If you have a b.tech degree in aeronautical engineering through cds exam you can get a job in airforce as a flying branch or ground duty staff.
For exam preparation you should follow ncert 10 mathematics text book,try to read social science ncert text book 10 class and try to gather more current affairs from year book and other general knowledge books
Best of Luck
2nd June 2013, 07:50 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You will be eligible to give this examination only after completing graduation, not before that. To clarify your doubts further read the information written below.

CDSE stands for Combined Defense Service Examination. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. By giving this examination you can enter any one of the following academy:-
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air Force Academy
  • Officer's Training Academy

Educational Qualification:-

Indian Military Academy:-

You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Naval Academy:-

You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with Physics and Mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering.

Air Force Academy:-

You need to have a B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech degree of four years' duration.

Officer's Training Academy:-

You need to possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy:-

Your age has to be between 19 and 24 years.

Naval Academy:-

Your age has to be between 19 and 22 years.

Air Force Academy:-

Your age has to be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:-

Your age has to be between 19 and 25 years.

Exam Pattern:-

For Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy the exam pattern is same. It includes the following subjects: English, General Knowledge (GK) and Elementary Mathematics. The total time limit for each subject is two hours. 100 marks have been allotted for each subject.

For Officer's Training Aacademy the exam pattern is slightly different. Here there are two papers mainly. For each paper again two hours have been given. 100 marks each have been allotted for each paper and 120 questions will be asked in each paper. Give stress on the following areas: English and General Knowledge.

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?