23rd June 2012, 09:13 PM
pramol baglary

Can I join Merchant Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?

i m pramol baglary,i passed 12th with science stream.i got 51 percent,can i join in merchant navy

Related Questions:
23rd June 2012, 10:13 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramol baglary View Post
i m pramol baglary,i passed 12th with science stream.i got 51 percent,can i join in merchant navy

MERCHANT NAVY

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible for Merchant Navy having 51% marks in PCM in 10+2 level.

To become eligible for Merchant Navy, students just have to completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers.

To take admission in those posts, you have to appear All India Merchant Navy Entrance Exam, IIT
23rd June 2012, 10:52 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?

The merchant Navy is a non combatant commercial Fleet which deals with transportation of Cargo and occasionally passenger by sea.

There are various type of job in Merchant Navy such as:-

DECK OFFICER
ENGINEERING
RADIO & WIRELESS COMMUNICATION

You can join Merchant Navy as a Deck Cadet on board a ship after 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and train on the job for three years. After on job training one has to appear for the competency exam as required by Union MInistry of Surface Transport, to be eligible for Navigation Officer.

After 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics one can apply for four years B.E. in Marine Engineering.

Three years B.Sc. in Nautical Science can also be pursed after 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
24th June 2012, 01:22 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Quote:

hello!!

the NDA Exam is conducted by the union public service commission or UPSC twice every year.But to write this exam one needs to be eligible to write the exam...and hence needs to satisfy the Eligibility criteria given below;

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

-The Age should be B/W 16.5 to 19 years

-candidates should have passed or appearing XII class from a recognized board or university

-candidates having PCM can also apply in all the three branches mentioned above.

-candidates not having PCM can only apply for Indian Millitary Academy and not for navy or airforce.....

-only unmarried male candidates can apply.....

selection process

---written test
---physical test
---Interview

finally medical of candidates are done...................

HENCE , The percentage required to write this exam is just pass from intermediate exam that is Class XII exam........

since you are from science stream hence you can apply for all the thee defense services mentioned below::

-Indian army
-Indian airforce
-Indian navy

the date receipt of completed form for NDA is over hence you can apply for NDA-2

Date of NDA II Exam : 19-08-2012

For more details visit here
http://www.upsc.gov.in

hope this helped...............

29th September 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i am appearing student of B.E(final year),can i eligible for giving test?
4th June 2013, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

i got 50% marks in 12 2
can i get admission in b.sc in nautical science any where ?
4th June 2013, 05:52 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can join the Merchant Navy. If you do not want to study further then apply for the deck cadet job in the Merchant Navy. There are various companies who will hire you.

Upon selection it is necessary to go through 3 months long pre sea training after which you will be selected for the deck cadet in Merchant Navy. However you should remember that deck cadet job has limited promotion and better salary scope.

If you are interested in continuing with the studies then I will recommed you to go for graduation course. After graduation there will be technical jobs awaiting for you in Merchant Navy.

So what are the courses you can apply for:

B.Sc Nautical Science

Marine Engineering

B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology

Eligibility

1. You should have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. Your age should not exceed 20 years.

3. Although SC/ST can apply till 25 years.

4. Only unmarried candidate will be selected. This rules applies for both genders.

5. Should meet physical criteria like 6/6 vision and no color/night blindness.

By meeting the criteria above you can apply for any of the courses that I mentioned a little above.

However if you choose to complete B.Tech in Mechanical/Electrical/Technology, the job will not be given immediately. You will have to also complete a 9 months long pre sea course in Marine Engineering. This course is offered from MERI.

No such requirement for candidates who complete B.Sc Nautical Science course.
4th June 2013, 10:06 PM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
yes you can give the exam conducted by upsc termed as nda (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACEDMY). I you clear the written test then you have to pass the interviews taken by navy.then your medical.If you are pass in these 3 phase then you can join navy.its rules are
1.age between 18 to 27 year
2.unmarried
3.candidate must be in 12th class or 12th passed.
age relaxation for obc,sc,st.
1st September 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I join indian Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?
23rd December 2013, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I got 53.5% in 12th sci with English(62/100),Maths(45/100),Physics(53/100)and chemistry(52/100) i.e 50% in PCM.So Can I apply for merchant Navy Course.Help Me sir.
5th June 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

If have got60%in hsc and 51% in pcm can I join merchand navy and if I can join then in which institute
18th August 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

I HV PCB 68% AND PCM 51% BUT MATHS I SCEURD 23 ONLY CAN I APPLY FOR MARCHENT NAVY MY NUMBER-9678467206
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?