23rd April 2015, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?

Hello Sir,
I am Khalid Ansari from Mumbai and I want to know about eligibility for Joining Merchant Navy. I have passed my 12 with PCM and I got 62 marks in Physics 52 marks in Chemistry and 59 marks in Mathematics. My over all percentage is 76% in NIOS 12th and I am 21 years old now. Please let me know that how I can join?

Related Questions:

29th April 2015, 10:54 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?

Its very easy to get admitted in Merchant Navy. You just require 10th and 12th standard passed out with atleast 60% marks aggregate. Board doesn't matter either it is a state board or it is a central/national board.

You just need to give a entrance exam to get seat in any marine university/college.After that you have to do counselling. Once you get seat you just claim your admission on the behalf of your counselling result.

29th April 2015, 11:39 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to join Merchant Navy for a candidate who has secured 76% in 12th Science of NIOS Board?

Yes dear you are eligible to apply for Merchant Navy and for this you have to follow the below eligibility criteria to join in the Merchant Navy.

Eligibility to apply for Merchant Navy :

1.You should complete 10+2 with MPC background from the recognized university.

2.Age should be in between 16 to 27 years.

3.Only Unmarried Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for Merchant Navy.

Selection Process for Merchant Navy :

* Written Examination

* Interview

* Medical Test.

After that you will be provided training ( Pre Sea Training ) for how much to be secured and all in the training.

If you complete " Graduation " in B.E/B.Tech with any stream then you will become a " Officer Cadre" in Merchant Navy.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?