13th July 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required for CAT entrance exam?

what is the percentage required for cat exam....please tell me how much is it

14th July 2012, 08:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required for CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is popular exam all over the world. This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

Those candidate have completed graduation with above 50% marks from recognized university are applicable for CAT exam.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate(45%). There is no age criteria for the candidate of CAT exam.

Final year student are also applicable for CAT exam.There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try here maximum times.

Questions papers are fully MCQ types . Written exam consist of Verbal Aptitude , Quantitative Aptitude , Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning .If you have qualify in written test then maximum college called you for GD and PI round.

For this year CAT exam date already over so you can wait for Next notification of CAT exam in CAT website.Notification will be announced in the moth of February .

For more details about CAT Exam , You can visit to http://www.catiim.in

14th July 2012, 09:24 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
CAT exam details information...........

For more details visit official website .
http://www.catiim.in

Good luck........
14th July 2012, 09:54 AM
JustShashank

Lightbulb Re: Percentage required for CAT entrance exam?

To be eligible for CAT,you must obtain at least 50% in your graduation(for general category.For SC/ST/PH Candidates,it will be 45%).

Or if your college has a CGPA system,it will be first converted to percentage as per rules set by college.

If there is no such rule set by college,then your % will be calculated by:-

(your CGPA/maximum CGPA) x 100.

Thank you!!!;-)
14th July 2012, 12:57 PM
lakshmi dhana

Eligibility for obc -5o percent and for sc/st it is 45 percent...in their B.E/B.Tech or master degree
23rd March 2013, 01:10 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
CAT stands for Common Aptitude Test . CAT examination is conducted by Indian institute of management . It is one of the MBA entrance examination for the purpose to get admission in MBA course . cat examination is held twice in years during the month of November and October .

Qualification for CAT examination :

>>> If your interested to apply for CAT examination then you should be qualified for bachelor degree in any stream with 50% percentage of marks from recognized university . your belong from sc/st or other backward candidate then the relaxation is given for 45% percentage of marks .

>>> If your an final year student can also eligible to apply for the cat examination , but you have to submit the 5th semester Mark sheet then only your eligible to apply for CAT examination .

Important :- CAT Examination is Mandatory to get admission for MBA Course in Top Colleges .. So, If your interested to get admission for MBA Course then need to Qualified in CAT Entrance Examination ...

Syllabus for CAT examination :

-Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
-Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
-English Verbal/Reading Comprehension

>>> You can apply for CAT examination in both the online as well as offline ,

You may apply for this Entrance Examination in Online Mode and there is no Off line Mode in this Entrance Examination.. The Examination Fee Rs. 1,600 for General candidates and Rs.800 for SC/ST candidates ..

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://www.catiim.in/index.htm
25th March 2013, 01:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CAT Exam Details:-

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam was started by the Indian Institute of Management. By following the rotation process every year one of the IIM conducts this examination for those students who wants to do a course in management. From 2011, the IISc and IIT's also accepts the CAT scores instead of JMET score.

Since CAT exam is conducted by an autonomous institution so other universities don't accept CAT scores. But there are several other reputed autonomous and private institutions where admission based on the CAT score takes place. Usually in the month of October or November the exam takes place.

The minimum qualification required for this exam is that one needs to be a graduate. You can complete graduation in any discipline of your choice. In addition to that it is important to secure minimum 50 percent of marks at grad level.

SC/ST students are considered eligible to sit for the exam if they secures 45% of marks or above. Final year students are also eligible to give this exam.

There will be two sections to answer: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning. The total time limit for each section is 70 minutes and within this time limit you need to answer 30 questions from each section. Before the start of the exam you will get 15 minutes to read the paper and it is advisable to use that time judiciously.

When shortlisting candidates for the interview session several other factors are also taken into consideration. Though the CAT Score is an important criteria no doubt but in addition to that sometimes the IIM also looks for academic performance of the candidate, work experience and so on.

Hope this helps :-> :->
25th March 2013, 08:38 PM
bknayak

HI,

Percentage required for CAT entrance exam---------------

1.The 50% marks in your graduation
2.You should pursue your graduation from a recognized university
3.There should be no pending back subject.

Hope the information helps for you....................
9th August 2013, 03:35 PM
srikanth2207

For CAT exam which was conducted by IIM:
The eligibility Criteria
A candidate must should passed degree with minimum 50% marks.And he graduated from the recognized university will be eligible.You are in any field will not problem for eligibility
25th November 2013, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

eligiblefor sslc presentage for cat
30th November 2013, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 49.8% marks in my graduation am I eligible to appear for cat exam.
28th May 2015, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

I am a st student studying 3 rd year nanotechnology how much percentile need to score in cat exam to get the iim
7th March 2017, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

If I will got a very good rank in the cat then how much amount I deemed to be paid
8th March 2017, 02:40 PM
Manishsony91

Candidate have a minimum 50%marks in graduate degree from recognized board/university. And 45% For sc/st candidates.
11th March 2017, 12:23 PM
atal1978

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% (45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates) marks from any of the recognized universities.

For more details please go through official website at < www.catiim.in >
9th October 2018, 08:27 AM
prabhaguptaedu

Quote:
You need at at least 50% in your graduation to get into the entrance exam. The candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category). ... Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to apply for CAT. You can get details on Aglasem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?