24th February 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Percentage criteria for trainee exam of NTPC?

i have completeded my btech in applied electronics and instrumentation with 64.03%.can i apply for trainee exam in ntpc?

25th February 2011, 01:30 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: Percentage criteria for trainee exam of NTPC?

Hi,

NTPC(National Thermal Power Corporation) is fixed & you must take a look in order to get through the test.

NTPC ET Test Eligibility Criteria : you should fulfill the certain criteria before applying for the same. This is as follows :

1. Age limit :
A. Engineering Executive Trainee (EET) :you should not be more than 27 years as in the year of applying and you have post graduation degree are given 2 years relaxation.

B. Executive Trainee – Human Resource (ET HR) & Executive Trainee – Finance (ET-Fin) : you should not be more than 29 years at the time of applying.

2. Educational Qualification :
A. For Engineering Executive Trainee (EET) : you should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with at least 65% aggregate marks.

The aggregate should be calculated by taking average of all the semester/ year.

You should have the degree from a recognized Indian University
25th February 2011, 01:40 AM
omprakash sharma

hi,

The candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with at least 65% aggregate marks. The aggregate should be calculated by taking average of all the semester/ year. You should have the degree from a recognized Indian University.
25th February 2011, 03:39 AM
nitingoplani88

for Engineering Executive Trainees (EETs): the eligibility is:-

Full time Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized Indian University/AMIE with not less than 65% marks, taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weight age given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. Final year/ semester students who expect their result by 01.08.2010 may also apply provided they have obtained at least 65% marks taking average up to re-final examination.

So you are not eligible for NTPC even they don't accept 64.9%
4th March 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

I am in last sem. of b.tech and hve aggregate of 63% and expect aggregate to reach 65% after this sem. can i apply for NTPC
8th March 2011, 12:08 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Percentage criteria for trainee exam of NTPC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in last sem. of b.tech and hve aggregate of 63% and expect aggregate to reach 65% after this sem. can i apply for NTPC
NTPC EXAM

Every year NTPC conducts an examination to recruit brilliant engineers and professionals for its technical and HR posts. The NTPC Executive Trainee Test is to recruit engineers.

NTPC PATTERN

The written test consists of two papers- Technical and Aptitude. The questions of the Technical test depend on the discipline chosen among the six disciplines. The six disciplines are Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Control and Instrumentation and HR & Finance.

The number of questions in the Technical Test is 120 and that in the Aptitude Test is 50. The questions are of multiple choice types and time allotted is 2 hours. The questions are not very tough but time management is an important issue. Maximum number of questions should be answered fro getting a chance, but it should also be remembered that there is a negative marking of 1/4th mark for every wrong answer.

The aptitude test questions do not belong to any specific stream. They consists general questions like Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word, Word Analogies, Comprehension Passages. There can be some questions on problem solving skills. The problems are on topics like time and distance, profit and loss, ratio and proportion etc.

NTPC ELIGIBILITY

Age limit :

-> Engineering Executive Trainee (EET) : The candidates should not be more than 27 years as in the year of applying. Those who have post graduation degree are given 2 years relaxation.

-> Executive Trainee – Human Resource (ET HR) & Executive Trainee – Finance (ET-Fin) : The candidates should not be more than 29 years at the time of applying.

Educational Qualification :

-> For Engineering Executive Trainee (EET) : The candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology with at least 65% aggregate marks. The aggregate should be calculated by taking average of all the semester/ year. You should have the degree from a recognized Indian University.

-> For Executive Trainee – Human Resource (ET HR) : The candidate should be a Graduate with at least 2 yrs of full time post graduate degree / Post graduate diploma/ Post graduate program in Management with specialization in Human Resource / Industrial relations / Personnel Management or Masters in Social work. All the degree should be from a recognized Indian university. You should have at least 65% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.

-> For Executive Trainee – Finance (ET-Fin) : The candidates who are CA / ICWA qualified from a Institute recognized by the appropriate statutory authority will be considered eligible.

As you can see 65% is the eligibility criteria for NTPC exam so as you are now in your final sem you can reach from 63% to 65%.. work hard for it...

hope the info. helps..All the Best..
20th August 2011, 08:37 PM
grvpnd007

does average means taking average of all the subjects of all the years without taking into any consideration or weightage given to theory subjects in comparison to practicals.
11th September 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

how much relaxsation for a sc candidate for the post of EET in NTPC?
9th June 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

My self tapan kumar with mechanical branch n my last sem is going own.......with 61% can i egilible for n.t.p.c. Exam.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?