14th September 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam after passing CSE final year with backlog in 4th semester

i am cse final year student and has a backlog in 4th sem, i yet not cleared backlog.. Am i eligible for cat exam this year????

16th September 2012, 05:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after passing CSE final year with backlog in 4th semester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am cse final year student and has a backlog in 4th sem, i yet not cleared backlog.. Am i eligible for cat exam this year????
CAT stands for Common admission test and this examination is famous examination to get admission in MBA. If your aim is to get admission in top Business schools then you have to apply for the CAT Entrance examination, this examination is conducted every year and the notification published in August every year.

This year examination notification was already published and the last date of apply for this examination is 19/Sep/2012.

To apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduate degree course with minimum 50% marks, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for CAT Provisionally.

You can apply for CAT Examination provisionally, but you will get admission in colleges Only when you have completed your Graduation completely and you have to send the proof of examination to the CAT.

So, i suggest you please complete your Backlog first and then apply for CAT Examination next time. If your Backlogs will be cleared before May/June, then you are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.

Please check the complete details from the official website of CAT.

If you want different material for MBA Entrance then you can click here

http://www.catiim.in
19th June 2013, 02:03 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after passing CSE final year with backlog in 4th semester

HI

Following is the eligibility criteria for appearing for CAT or most of the MBA entrance exam

you should have done your graduation from UGC recognized college/insitute
you should have atleast 50% marks in your graduation ( 45% in case of ST/SC)
you should not have any live backlog

So as long as you have no live backlog you are eligible.
You should have cleared all the backlog before taking admission

CAT Vouchers would be available from July end to september from selected Axis bank

Exams would be conducted from 16th October to 11th Novermber.

All the best
19th June 2013, 09:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission in complete 2 year full time MBA - management program 2014

Those candidate have completed graduation with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam.Your degree must be recognized.Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

Final year student are also applicable for CAT exam.

There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try it maximum times.

You are applicable for CAT exam but at the time of admission , you must show your cleared marksheet otherwise you will not get any seats in any college .

Selection procedure of CAT Exam is of two steps in which first step is written test.After clearance of written examination you will have to attend personnel interview.Some Institute conduct GD round in selection Process .

Pattern for CAT Exam:-

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

Best Books for CAT exam:-

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

For more details about CAT exam you can visit to http://www.catiim.in/
20th June 2013, 05:56 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

$$ CAT stands for the Common Admission Test. Which is being conducted by the Indian Institute of Management for those student who wish to join MBA course in the top Business School across India....

$$ CAT is very famous as well as tough exam which is being conducted among India. A candidate of Aspiration to join Master of Business Administration course have to apple for this examination....

$$ Generally CAT Exam is conducted in two stages: Written Test and Personal Interview but, Some times Group Discussion also there as third stage......

$$ A candidate after completing their Graduation course in any discipline from Recognized Universities can apply for the CAT Exam for joining their Master's in Business.....

$$ A candidate must have secure at least 50% in their Academic career. Relaxation is provided for Reserved category up to 5% as per government rule.....

$$ There is No any Age criteria for applying this exam...

$$ No any Attempt Criteria for apply. you can apply it for still you not qualify....

Exam Content:-

• Quantitative Aptitude
  • General awareness
  • English Comprehension
  • Data Analysis
  • Logical Reasoning

All the best

With regards.....
Dharm
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?