5th March 2011, 08:30 PM
bnb

Is VIT Vellore a good college?

is VIT Vellore a good college? i heard that there are many drug addicts.. is that true?

Related Questions:
  1. Between Chennai and Vellore which VIT campus is good? Can I get admission with fee reduction if secured 4010 rank in VITEEE being a citizen of Karnataka?
  2. Should I reappear if scored 82 in NIMCET or take admission in MCA at VIT, Vellore? Total expenditure of MCA programme at VIT, Vellore?
  3. Rank to be obtained in VITEEE for Compute Science?
  4. Required criteria to take admission in Nanotechnology colleges after completion of BE in India?
  5. What is the average estimated packages offered in VIT Vellore campus placements?
  6. Which college is best for B.Tech between VIT Vellore and MIT Manipal?
  7. Do girls have separate classrooms in VIT Vellore or VIT Chennai?
  8. How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Chennai compared to vellore? Which stream can i get after scoring 10335 rank in VIT?
  9. Which is a better college, Sardar Vallabh bhai patel Engineering College or VIT Vellore?
  10. How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Vellore? Which streams can I get after scoring 100335 rank in VIT?
  11. Procedure to get admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology in VIT Vellore
  12. Will I get B.Tech Biotechnology with 70214 rank in VITEEE 2016? -- [New]
  13. What is the cutoff score for VIT Vellore?
  14. How much marks are needed to get a set in VIT Vellore?
  15. Which is better among VIT Vellore, MIT, SRM, IISC Bangalore and NIT?
  16. Which college is better between Mukesh Patel Engineering College and VIT Vellore?
  17. Is VIT Vellore good for placement? What are the chance of getting NIT after scoring 158 marks in AIEEE under OBC category?
  18. How to join VIT Vellore after scoring 150000 rank?
5th March 2011, 09:02 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

Thats a really controversial topic and if you see the internet is filled with all kinds of praises as well as abuses on VIT college.

Dont know why people consider this college as bad but I can see this college is quite good.

So of the allegations on VIT are(Might be fake too)

1)They paid few magazines to rank their college in top 10 or top 20 best engineering college in Indai
2) They are also accused of admitting students on the basis of money.
3) Their placements are fake and dont provide good job opportunities
4) inappropriate fee structure

I would say that there is no Proof on all the above allegations on the colllege. I am no VIT student but according to me its a pretty good college and there are really good students who have passed out of this college

and about the drug addicts. There is not even 1 college in India or in the world where there are no drug addicts or smokers or drunkers. So thats natural to see in all kinda colleges

Every coin has 2 faces
5th March 2011, 09:14 PM
sachin2places

Hello......VIT is definitely a great world class place to do your engineering.All the allegations are absolutely nonsense.My cousin has done her engineering from VIT and now she is is AMERICAN BANK.
It has a great dual degree programme where you can get B.TECH and MBA in 5 years.
It was ranked among top 10 institutions of India which is absolutely correct.
All the best.
5th March 2011, 09:56 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

Dear friend,

There is no doubt it is a reputed college.

Vellore Institute of Technology today profoundly known as VIT, comprises seven schools offering 17 undergraduate programmes and 28 post graduate programmes.

Every year, more than one lakh students registered for VIT College Engineering Entrance Examination. VIT University Vellore has got international study places also.

To know more about VIT visit website:

http://www.vit.ac.in

Regarding drug addicts. Almost all the colleges in the world are having drug addicts, smokers and drinkers. So this is not true about VIT

5th March 2011, 10:34 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb View Post
is VIT Vellore a good college? i heard that there are many drug addicts.. is that true?

VIT University is commonly called Vellore Institute of Technology or VIT is located in Vellore, Tamil Nadu , India. It is a very good college and its ranking is among top 15 Engineering University in India.
So, Don't confuse it is really a good private college of India. It gives 100% placement and batter facility to the student. If you want to get more information then please see the official website of VIT University.
Visit this website.
5th March 2011, 11:18 PM
yogs.singh

vellore institute of technology (vit)

- vit is a very good college and it is among top 5 private institutes in india.

- every college has students of this kind , now it is very common in india

-it all depend on each student how they react to such situations.

-but vit has best placement many are placed in aboard.

- it has best infrastructure in india
5th March 2011, 11:18 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

if we talk in sense of its rank,study , infrastructure and about their placement then this is

one of the best college.my friend study their and he got placed in TCS and he told

me that overall placement percentage is too good their then other colleges .

VIT ranked No. 8 in "India-Today 2010" National ranking

and if you want to talk in sense of drug addicts then it totally depends on you .there is

no college in india where students don't take drugs iam 100% sure about it .this happens

because of the pressure of study and burden .
6th March 2011, 12:31 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

"Its better to be Good than in a bad company".That means its in our own hand to be good or bad,no college & no society is involve in it.Its only the inner desire of a person to choose its own likings & mould HIM according to that.

Well about a particular college i.e VIT Vellore,than its a good college but it is a deemed one.So it might be create some trouble to you in future purposes.

It may be possible that it is surrounded by many "drug addictors" as one can easily get admission in such type of colleges on the behalf of money.

But studies wise the college is also taking pain for the students as no college wants to harm its reputation in the studies field.

So it is advisable to you that if your nature is very introvert then its better for you to look for the another one otherwise you can go for it.
6th March 2011, 01:37 AM
mishra245

Yes VIT is offcourse a very good university in INDIA.
the entrance exam for the admission in the VIT is very hard, only 6000 candidates are selected for the study in the VIT.
6th March 2011, 02:18 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes, VIT Is One Of The Best Private Institutions Of India.

Vellore Institute of Technology or VIT, is located in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India And Any Recognised Colleges Is A Good College. No College Is Good Or Bad, But Students Can Make Colleges Good Or Bad By His Performance.

So, If You Are Interested To Got Admission In This College Then Dont Worry, VIT University, Is One of the Good Universities to Study.

The Placements Of This College Is Good, But, To get Placements Is totally Depends On The Students, If They Are Knowlegeble And Capable, Then Definitely You Will Get Placed.

The Admission In This College Is Based On Entrance Exams Called VITEEE And After Clear this Exams You Will get Admission In This College.

But The College Is Known For B.tech Courses.

The Academics Environment Of This College Was Also Good. So, If You Are Interested, then Please Join This Colleges.

So, Dont Worry, The VIT Is One Of The Good College Of India.

For More Information, Please visit The Official Website -

6th March 2011, 08:30 AM
mannubhu1

VIT (VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY) engineering college of tamilnadu is among the one of the best or topmost private colleges of india, however there are a lot of confusion regarding this college also. It has good experienced and hard working faculty, a numerous facility for multidimensional developement of student and very good placement also. But there are rumour about it is all the info about is fake and is just for publishing it. Only the students who are studying there can exactly say that whats the truth.
One of my friend is 2009 passout of VIT VELLORE and he had qualified IES also in the following year. So, according to him its good college if you are good and have potential to take something from there.

Hence. After IITS and NITS VIT is good option for Studying.
6th March 2011, 08:50 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:

I have told you some of the facts about the VIT(Vellore Institute of technology)

VIT University was the first educational institution in India to be awarded International Organization for Standardization 9002 certificate.

All the courses recognized by the AICTE,NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) has accredited the university with a B+ (equivalent to 5-Star).

TCS(Tata Consultancy Services) have accredited VIT to the highest level enabling students to earn higher starting salary.

so don't listen such type to allegations and concentrate on your career and if you interested then go ahead.If you will be good then no one can make you bad.
6th March 2011, 09:04 AM
sumitraised

Thumbs up Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

Yes, its absolutely a good institute in India.
There are following features and reasons that would drift your mind to better and good view about the college :

1. The institute ranks 7th (approx) in All India Rank i.e. its for sure that this institute is in the top 10 rank on All India race.

2. If you look at the colleges from placement perspective view, then its the best institute where many companies have come and many have been placed to best places and even abroad.

3. You should not be worrying about drug addits, if you here such rumours.
Remember : Your are the master of your thoughts and actions. Its in your hand that you dont get entangled in such business.

4. In every college you may find such rumours but that should not affect you and your aims. Be sincere in what you do.

5. VIT-Vellore has a very good and brilliant campus with people from abroad as well. Its much well and good if you are doing B.Tech there.

All the best
6th March 2011, 12:52 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
If there is some positive then definitely there are some negative sides as well.But overall VIT,Vellore is considered to be one the best deemed colleges in India.
The placements facilities are good enough,talking of the 2009 batch,lots of students were placed in reputed companies like TCS,Honeywell and many others.I can tell you this because some of my friends were among them.

Talking of the hostel facilities,its really upto the standards.As you have told that there are many drug addicts.I am not cent percent sure about this fact but nowadays this has become a common thing and a major problem in most of the Engineering colleges.

Remember one thing,whatsoever the case is,if you are dedicated then no force can change you.After all we have to adjust ourselves to some extent.
6th March 2011, 01:29 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

yes definitely .VIT is one of the best private institution of india.

It is a really good institution having all modern facilities and is also known for its campusing. VIT has link with allmost all leading companies . so, there is no need to worry about the placement.

SCHEME OF ENTRY
VIT conducts its own entrance exam known as VITEEE. After cracking that exam , you would be able to get entry into that very college.

Click here to apply online

For getting details about offline application please click the link -http://www.vit.ac.in/admissions/viteee11_offline.asp

There is nothing any wrong point in joining this college . And it depends upon you how you read there . college doesn't matter much .

For getting good job you will have to gain knowledge because merely joing a good college is not the guarantee of good job. so work hard .

For your help i had attached the notification of vit .

For further details about any information regarding VIT, please visit the official website of vit that is -http://www.vit.ac.in/
Attached Files
File Type: docx vit notification.docx(629.8 KB, 155 views)
6th March 2011, 02:24 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friend,

yes it is one of the leading private institute in india and emerge as a global and highly acclaimed college.

facilities.
1.global institute in all field of any stream .
2.good resources.
3.good faculty.
4.good skills.
5.sports facility.

all the best and check the college website.
6th March 2011, 02:59 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

Every Hostel's Scenario

Now a days Every College's Hostel Scenario is Same. Some are Drug addict some are not. Some becomes famous Engineer some becomes Year Down and Detained from College.

As you said.. There are Drug addicts in VIT colleges.

Yes they do have because its Story of Every Hostel Life, But Even from that hostel people are Getting placed in Very reputed Multinational Companies.

So if you have control on your Mind, you will be counted in Good students who gets Placement and Go for achieving Goal in his Life.

If you want to stay out of the Campus then you can have this Provision also.

But staying outside the Hostel campus will lack you in different things like Latest updates. Group Discussions with in friends, Planning, Partnerships . etc.
6th March 2011, 03:17 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To get admission in VIT ( vellore institute of technology),it is quite difficult.
And this VIT entrance will be conducting every to take students for graduation.

VIT college is the one of the best colleges for B-tech,So many are trying to get admission in that college,but they are not willing to get.

If you have chance,then dont lose that opportunity.......Its shows good direction to your life.......

ALL THE BEST
6th March 2011, 03:51 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
There are so many rumour about VIT, Vellore.
But, i would like to tell you that, the infrastructure, study material as well as placement of VIT is very much appriciable, if you'll get a chance to take admission in VIT then never give up.
Your future must be bright.

& for more information you can visit the official website of VTI which is:
www.vit.ac.in

good luck.
6th March 2011, 04:08 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Yes, VIT is a well known private engineering college in India.

If you look at VIT in terms of quality of education, teachig excellence, placement record, infrastructure, academic curriculum, etc. then it is surely a one of the best college in India.

Don't pay attention to allegations of drug addiction. Just pay attention to your career, focus on your studies.
6th March 2011, 04:10 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

Yes,VIT is a very reputed and deemed university in india and as far as i know The India Today-AC Nielson-ORG-MARG survey of educational institutions ranks VIT university first among private engg. institutions in the country for the second year consecutively.
('India Today',issue:June 2,2008).
And about drug addiction,i want to clear you that it depends on the students whether they want to study or involved in these type of activities.
6th March 2011, 04:20 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

All About Vellore Institute of Technology
http://updates.highereducationinindi...-should-be.jpg

Good Points

-->Best Placement Records among Private Institute of India

-->Lot of Young Scientist are from that Institute Only

-->Entrance Exam is Conducted ,so that Best student only got Selected

Bad Point

-->Drug Addicts

-->Most of the Student have HIV ,the main reason for this is International Hostel is provided for Foreigner,but in that India Student only staying

*Institute is Having very Good name International wise and National Wise, so one bad Reason will spoil Every Good Reason, that is Happened Here

*Good in Academic ,but bad in Discipline

*Institute is Spoiled only by Management Student, those who come by Management Sites or Re comment

Hope you got it
6th March 2011, 05:31 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Alcoholism and drug addition are on a rise in India

this is indeed a very bad scenario.esp among the youngsters staying away from home.

this is true not only for VIT but for all the places.. yes since VIT gets rich spoilt children

in more nos it is much more there but you have to control yourself everywhere.

Collegewise reputation of VIT is good, placements are good, if you are focussed good

student and performer you can make good career from VIT,

But this is true everywhere, if you miss on studies and all you will not be getting good job

maybe no job,
6th March 2011, 06:06 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

OF course VIT is a good private college.
Because it gives good placement and provides good study.
And as you think this is the story of all most all colleges so,
it is totally depend on you.
If you decide to left it only for that then it is not good because you may keep yourself away from these kind of things.
6th March 2011, 06:53 PM
Arsalaan

VIT can be considered an average college, but only for good students

Alchohol and drugs are prevalent, and it is true. But then except for drugs other things are there at most places.

It is also a very costly college to study in and the investments are not justified by

the jobs you get from there, people spend 20+ thousand easily, living cost is so high

in the end you get so called good jobs which pay you 20000 only... what a mockery

kids wasting parents hard earned money.

I would suggest to goto some other average college and study well , you'll have to spen a lot less and the jobs you will get will be same as VIT,
it will be better economic sense
6th March 2011, 07:32 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Being a engg. student , i can tell you about this college in much detail.
First, it is considered as second best institute only after BITS in private college of india, so undoubtfully, it is a good institute.

Engg curriculum is very good with lot of extra activities.
Placement is also very good with avg package around 4 lakh.

To get admission in this institute , you have to clear VITEEE (although difficulty level is decent) , then on the basis of your rank , you will be alloted branch.

Availability of Application forms for VITEEE 2011:

Application forms for VITEEE are expected to be available by December end in designated post offices. The form may also be obtained by sending a request to VIT along with a demand draft. A candidate can also obtain the form directly from the VIT University as well.

Important Dates:

Date of VITEEE 2011-third week of April, 2011

Availability of application forms: 2nd to 3rd week of December, 2010

Last date of receipt of application: last week of February, 2011

Declaration of Results: beginning of May, 2011

Commencement of classes: 1st week of July, 2011
6th March 2011, 09:44 PM
bhakua

Smile Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

it basically depends on d type of course u r lukin 4...tokin abt the maths stream...it is a gud option!!..but considering d bio stream..u should better go 4 srm university..u must hav heard abt the international science congress..it was in d news..dis tym srm hosted it..and d pm was the guest of honour!!
7th March 2011, 08:38 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

in my point of view viiit is a good college because

in this college many company comes to recurit the students in year wise

here placement is very good

so this college is good
9th March 2011, 08:41 PM
sabarish28

Quote:
http://www.vit.ac.in/
vit is the one of the best private engineering college
They conduct VIT-EEE examination for intake and management seat are also there.
campus placement are held by big MNC'S and best companies
in my view it is good college
24th March 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

for diploma student entrance exam are there?
3rd April 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

everything depends on you the kind of frnds u make....den let it be vit or iit....ur attitude will decide ur future....so best of luck...have control ob yourself...:)
12th May 2011, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Is VIT Vellore a good college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin2places View Post
Hello......VIT is definitely a great world class place to do your engineering.All the allegations are absolutely nonsense.My cousin has done her engineering from VIT and now she is is AMERICAN BANK.
It has a great dual degree programme where you can get B.TECH and MBA in 5 years.
It was ranked among top 10 institutions of India which is absolutely correct.
All the best.
hi,
can u pls tell wats her package? i m confused beween srm and vit.
thnx
pls mail a [email protected]
15th May 2011, 10:55 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,
Thats a really controversial topic and if you see the internet is filled with all kinds of praises as well as abuses on VIT college.

Dont know why people consider this college as bad but I can see this college is quite good.

So of the allegations on VIT are(Might be fake too)

1)They paid few magazines to rank their college in top 10 or top 20 best engineering college in Indai
2) They are also accused of admitting students on the basis of money.
3) Their placements are fake and dont provide good job opportunities
4) inappropriate fee structure

I would say that there is no Proof on all the above allegations on the colllege. I am no VIT student but according to me its a pretty good college and there are really good students who have passed out of this college

and about the drug addicts. There is not even 1 college in India or in the world where there are no drug addicts or smokers or drunkers. So thats natural to see in all kinda colleges

Thanks
25th May 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

can i get an idea of starting packages offered in placement campus in vit
25th May 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

how is the discipline in vit vellore. please tell me the truth. i do not want to spoil my career. please call me on 7631182696. somebody please help me out. i will be very thankful.ok
26th May 2011, 01:54 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,
its absolutely a good institute in India.
There are following features and reasons that would drift your mind to better and good view about the college :

1. The institute ranks 7th (approx) in All India Rank i.e. its for sure that this institute is in the top 10 rank on All India race.

2. If you look at the colleges from placement perspective view, then its the best institute where many companies have come and many have been placed to best places and even abroad.

3. You should not be worrying about drug addits, if you here such rumours.
Remember : Your are the master of your thoughts and actions. Its in your hand that you dont get entangled in such business.

4. In every college you may find such rumours but that should not affect you and your aims. Be sincere in what you do.

5. VIT-Vellore has a very good and brilliant campus with people from abroad as well. Its much well and good if you are doing B.Tech there.

Thanks
26th May 2011, 02:47 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Hii,

Sure it is a good college for Engg. ..
as per your question i answered that but if you find any inquiry about the drug matter so find in media because its very hot topic to disscuss in this foram ..
but no doubt its a good college..

Ankur
28th May 2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

are there any guntur people(girls) joining in vit vellore campus this year 2011
29th May 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm called for first day counseling at VIT. But I can go only for 4th day counseling due to my own problems. Can I get CSE on 4th day counseling? According to last year's data, half of the CSE seats were available on fourth day also. Will it be same case this year also? Thanks a lot.
5th June 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Hai! I am form a govt. hr sec. school in namakkal.My 2 score is 1156 with engineering cut off of 199.75.My idea is to join Computer Science Engineering in a good college(good in technology,communication and education).I have an opportunity to join in VIT for a full free seat under their STARS(Support The Advancement of Rural Students)scheme.For this cut off i have definitely a chance to join in Anna University CEG campus.Anna university is the most preferable and VIT is really a fore runner in all standards. So suggest me which one would i choose. which would suit for me. suggest me with some logical and statistical reasons.
8th June 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

im joining bioinformatics in vit . is it okay ?
9th June 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Hey,thanks a lot for the information above.I was considering Biotechnology in VIT...what do you people think about it?
4th July 2011, 06:03 PM
littleheart09

i thnk u should better go for the IITs or NITs.......first nd den thnk of VIT.

Ofcourse VIT offers a international environment to study but keep VIT as the 3rd option .it would b better.
2nd August 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

It is hard to get the truth out of any students studying in VIT presently because they're all under contractual obligation to keep mum the minute they sign up for their courses.Through various interviews with ex students who are free from those shackles I can give you an honest opinion about t.
1.There is nothing exceptional or world class about the institution. The ranking only appears in a money influenced publication of a certain magazine.
2. Students are encouraged to mug up & stick to the material. Thinking out of the box n being creative is certainly frowned upon
3. Everything done there is mainly focused on one single purpose : Generate money through any means possible
4. It has lost its accreditation several times during its run for various reasons , one of em being hiring double the no of students than are legally permitted
5. Majority of the teachers have been previous graduates from the same institution, which means u get your seniors imparting knowledge to the Juniors
6. Placements are usually rigged and show up high in number but dont let that be a deciding factor. 75% of the students hired are chucked out by the end of their training periods. NO matter what you specialize in engg you end up getting hired by IT majors during placements only to be thrown out by end of traing period

Money it generates usually pumped in to renovate campus or such activities thus utilizing a loop hole in the tax system to avoid paying taxes
2nd August 2011, 11:21 PM
jyoti.sahoo

VIT vellore is a good college in Tamilnadu.

VIT stands for Vellore Institute of Technology.

It conducts its own Entrance test called VITEE.

it is no doubt a National Level university.
3rd August 2011, 01:50 AM
liquid

VIT University is commonly called Vellore Institute of Technology or VIT is located in Vellore, Tamil Nadu , India. It is a very good college and its ranking is among top 15 Engineering University in India.
So, Don't confuse it is really a good private college of India. It gives 100% placement and batter facility to the student. If you want to get more information then please see the official website of VIT University.
Visit this website.
thank u
3rd August 2011, 04:43 AM
venu.linesensorarray

VIT vellore is a moderately good university. Not as good as India Today rates it. But the facilities are pretty good. The administration is a bit strict though.

As for drug addicts, they are there in every college.

Cheers,
3rd August 2011, 08:09 AM
Harshita21

Quote:
through Education point of view Yes it is a very reputed college even though it is some students dream college . It become popular in very less time. Drug addict no information , every positive thing also have some negative side .
15th August 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

i have got phd admission in vit...can anyone help me in suggesting if it s a gud college for pursuing phd...!!!
7th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi I did my BTech in CSE in VIT..It is one of the best colleges in India ...Drug addiction has nothing to do with the college..Is nt it?...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?