18th June 2014, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any reputed institutes of USA through GRE if having backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?

I completed my 3rd year in B Tech ECE.In 2nd year i had 4 backlogs n i cleared 2 of them n awaiting results of the other 2.My performance in 3rd year was pretty good n i'm pretty confident i'll clear the other 2 n won't get any more backlogs in 3rd year.I'm thinking about taking GRE n IELTS soon.Do these cleared backlogs make me ineligible to get admission in well reputed institutes in us even though i get a good score in GRE??

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Visa and admission in USA for MS?
  2. Can I do MS from USA after scoring 1000 in GRE and 58.4% marks in BE with 25 backlogs?
  3. Admission for MS(computer Science) in USA after scoring 1070 in GRE?
  4. Minimum requirement for admission in USA for MS in management course? How much marks should I get in GRE and TOEFL?
  5. How to do Phd from USA? Is there any need of GRE??? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. To pursue Ph.D program in USA is TOEFL and GRE score required? Which are the online coaching institutes for this course?
  7. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do?
  8. Is it necessary to appear in GRE and IELTS for the admission in MS at USA? Cost of MS program in USA?
  9. Which is a better choice for me of doing M.Sc IT course within India or Abroad after completion of B.Sc in IT?
  10. How to prepare for GRE and TOEFL for admission in MS programs in USA?
  11. Eligibility criteria and reputed universities in US for M.S.? How to prepare and when GRE will be conducted? Difference between GRE and GMAT?
  12. Admission in USA is possible without passing GRE? Chances of getting job?
  13. Am i eligible to do MS after doing MS in USA?
  14. Details about GRE and TOEFL? Best institutes in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and rest of India? Which is the best university for engineering in USA?
  15. Minimum percentage that I should get to get in B.Tech to study MS in abroad?
  16. Eligibility Criteria of GRE and TOEFL for admission in USA universities?
  17. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL? -- [New]
  18. Can I get admission in USA university to do Ph.D microbiology without GRE
25th June 2014, 11:43 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any reputed institutes of USA through GRE if having backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?

No, backlogs will not be hindrance to your higher studies in USA if you clear them before the completion of your course and then apply in the US universities. However, it is true that the academic background of a student is considered during admission. Hence you need to perform better in the rest of your B.Tech course to get a good aggregate marks and score good marks in the entrance exams like GRE and IELTS. Apart from these, if you have some work experience, then it will be an added advantage and you will get higher preference than others. Hence study hard, get good grades and look for internship after your third year of B.Tech course.
6th October 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in any reputed institutes of USA through GRE if having backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?

I have a subject back in 6th semester and im preparing for gre and i want to write gre in next month. Will my backlog subject affect my admission process? I will clear it in this 7th sem but can i take gre now ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?