5th December 2014, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

What kind of questions are asked in GRE and TOEFL? Syllabus of both?

Hello
Which type of questions are asked
in gre and toefl exams ???????
kindly tell me the questions asked?
and also if possible give me syllabus
thank you and regards......

Related Questions:
  1. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What is mean by GRE and TOEFL? Number of attempts and selection process for M.S. in USA? How can I get scholarship through GRE and TOEFL?
  3. Which all exams are necessary to do MS in USA?
  4. Whether GRE and TOEFL are enough to study MBA in abroad? Procedure to apply, preparation tips and last date to apply for GRE and TOEFL?
  5. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  6. Whether it is possible to get admission without GRE or TOEFL?
  7. Information and requirements to do MS in Germany?
  8. Will it be okay to appear in GRE and TOEFL after dropping job? If I am doing so shall I have to show job experience?
  9. Am I eligible to do MS in Germany? What will be the fee structure?
  10. Percentage required in GRE and TOEFL to study MS in Economics in USA for B.Com student? Necessity of GRE and TOEFL?
  11. Eligibility criteria of TOEFL and GRE exams?
  12. Does GRE exam include questions from the syllabus of my graduation in electronics
  13. Syllabus of GRE and TOEFL? How can I prepare for them?
  14. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best universities?
  15. What is structure of GRE exam? Is TOEFL needed after GRE?
  16. Score required in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship?
  17. Is it a good choice for me of doing MS in Aerospace Engineering? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  18. Detailed information for attaining GRE TOEFL and financial support to do MS program in best university?
5th December 2014, 06:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of questions are asked in GRE and TOEFL? Syllabus of both?

Details regarding type of question asked in GRE and TOEFL examination is mentioned below :-

GRE Examination Pattern :-
1. Verbal Reasoning :-
This section tests your comfort level with text and grammar. The Verbal Reasoning section of the GRE Test Pattern contains three types of questions:

a. Reading Comprehension

b. Text Completion

c. Sentence Equivalence

2. Quantitative Reasoning :-
The Quantitative Reasoning section measures your ability to understand quantitative information and apply mathematical skills and elementary mathematical concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data interpretation. The Quantitative Reasoning section of the GRE Test contains four types of questions:

a. Quantitative Comparison Questions

b. Multiple-choice Questions — Select One Answer Choice

c. Multiple-choice Questions — Select One or More Answer Choices

d. Numeric Entry Questions.

3. Analytical Writing :-
The Analytical Writing section measures your ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively. It consists of two separately timed analytical writing tasks:

a. Analyse an Issue task: This task assesses your ability to think critically about a topic and express your thoughts in writing.

b. Analyse an Argument task: This task assesses your ability to understand, analyse and evaluate arguments and convey your evaluation in writing.

TOEFL Examination Pattern :-
There are four sections in TOEFL examination namely, listening, reading, speaking and writing which take a total of about four and a half hours to complete. During the test, the candidates are asked to perform tasks that combine more than one skill, such as:

a. Read, listen and then speak in response to a question
b. Listen and then speak in response to a question
c. Read, listen and then write in response to a question

The break-up of the four sections in TOEFL examination with complete details is mentioned below :-

Reading :-
--> Time Limit : 60–80 minutes
--> Questions : 36–56 questions
--> Tasks : Read 3 or 4 passages from academic texts and answer questions.

Listening :-
--> Time Limit : 60–90 minutes
--> Questions : 34–51 questions
--> Tasks : Listen to lectures, classroom discussions and conversations, answer questions.

Speaking :-
--> Time Limit : 20 minutes
--> Questions : 6 tasks
--> Tasks : Express an opinion on a familiar topic; speak based on reading and listening tasks.

Writing :-
--> Time Limit : 50 minutes
--> Questions : 2 tasks
--> Tasks : Write essay responses based on reading and listening tasks; support an opinion in writing.
5th December 2014, 11:21 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of questions are asked in GRE and TOEFL? Syllabus of both?

GRE exam is based on Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections. It is a exam used to assess the ability of a candidate in Verbal and Quantitative sections. So, you have to be good in both English and maths to get good marks in this exam.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam will have three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

This exam is conducted for 340 marks. Every candidate, who attends the exam will be given 260 marks initially. And the exam will be conducted for remaining 80 marks.

TOEFL exam:-
TOEFL stands for Test Of English as Foreign Language. This exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in English language. Language. The exam will be based on the following sections

Exam pattern:-(120 marks)
1)Reading - 30 marks
2)Writing - 30 marks
3)Listening - 30 marks
4)Speaking - 30 marks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GRE Sample Paper 1.pdf(333.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf GRE Sample Paper 2.pdf(124.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: pdf TOEFL.pdf(266.2 KB, 55 views)
6th October 2015, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

What are the courses available after crossing tofel or gre exam for a b.com student?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?